Survivor
2203 posts

Re: what annoys you in this game? just curious :)

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

The DRAGON sniper.

I lothe it with every fiber of my being. Instant kill weapons do not belong in a loadout selection unless it has other weapons to counter it, which it doesn't.

It seriously belongs as a pick up.

No. In fact its really the only loadout weapon that requires skill as a player to use. Its not an instant kill weapon unless its a headshot, which you deserve as a sniper. There is already a very limited weapon selection available and the Dragon is catering to the sniping fans, although its rarely used should not be taken out of the game.

Even if there are no weapons that can counter it at long range, it suffers at short range (Unless you're a beast sniper) and you are getting blindfired by every player underneath the sun.

Skill does not equal power, people confuse that matter somehow all the time.

If you get blindfired while using the dragon your a pretty crappy sniper honestly and need to learn to use the camera.

Plus two quick shots to a rushing player isn't hard at all. providing you know where the little dot is on the screen.

I also never said remove it. It's a power weapon. It's damage module is way out of sync for a loadout weapon, even with the KAL 7.

If skill does equal power you may aswell remove every weapon apart from the KAL-7.

So if skill does not equal power, I can get a five not alive with a T-Bolt, all of them being a headshot and not be counted as a good player.

The dragon requires work from the user for it to be effective, unlike the Kal-7 and M-9.

Getting blindfired does not mean you a crappy sniper, That's the one way to beat a sniper (Sadly)

Its the least used weapon in the game besides the Tau, If everyone used it then i could see it being OP. The only people that really use a sniper rifle now are newer players that have just unlocked it or casuals who just want to give it a go. (I dont remember the last time i saw an "Ibiza" using a sniper rifle)

Two shots with the dragon is fine, to be honest it is really the only gun which the user needs skill to use. Even if it has a lot of power, the game is not helping the player win. They need to have good aim, good awareness and have to know how to take their shots.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 71 of 200 (238 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

The DRAGON sniper.

I lothe it with every fiber of my being. Instant kill weapons do not belong in a loadout selection unless it has other weapons to counter it, which it doesn't.

It seriously belongs as a pick up.

No. In fact its really the only loadout weapon that requires skill as a player to use. Its not an instant kill weapon unless its a headshot, which you deserve as a sniper. There is already a very limited weapon selection available and the Dragon is catering to the sniping fans, although its rarely used should not be taken out of the game.

Even if there are no weapons that can counter it at long range, it suffers at short range (Unless you're a beast sniper) and you are getting blindfired by every player underneath the sun.

Skill does not equal power, people confuse that matter somehow all the time.

If you get blindfired while using the dragon your a pretty crappy sniper honestly and need to learn to use the camera.

Plus two quick shots to a rushing player isn't hard at all. providing you know where the little dot is on the screen.

I also never said remove it. It's a power weapon. It's damage module is way out of sync for a loadout weapon, even with the KAL 7.

If skill does equal power you may aswell remove every weapon apart from the KAL-7.

So if skill does not equal power, I can get a five not alive with a T-Bolt, all of them being a headshot and not be counted as a good player.

The dragon requires work from the user for it to be effective, unlike the Kal-7 and M-9.

Getting blindfired does not mean you a crappy sniper, That's the one way to beat a sniper (Sadly)

Its the least used weapon in the game besides the Tau, If everyone used it then i could see it being OP. The only people that really use a sniper rifle now are newer players that have just unlocked it or casuals who just want to give it a go. (I dont remember the last time i saw an "Ibiza" using a sniper rifle)

Two shots with the dragon is fine, to be honest it is really the only gun which the user needs skill to use. Even if it has a lot of power, the game is not helping the player win. They need to have good aim good awareness and have to know how to take their shots.

That explains every weapon in the game. minus the KAL, those people couldn't give a crap about awareness. You always need awareness and good aim if you are actually aiming.

M9 takes skill if you are aiming it, same with every weapon if you are actually aiming it so that point isn't really much of a point.

You may not see an ibiza using it but I have seen a Triplewreck using it. Once again though, not important and has nothing to do with it being balanced.

Message 72 of 200 (232 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Lol, M9 takes skill. Aure, take it from me, I've used that gun for a year. That gun is so easy, killing people with it is easier than breathing. There's a good reason why at least half of the PotW use M9 (Flynn's especially, but that's another story). Using any gun other than it is impairing yourself. Seriously, king of blindfire, king of all mid-range and co-King in long range (TLR with an M9. What up).

Plus if the Dragon is a PW I'd prefer its UC2 version. Having a 2HK nonexplosive PW is BS.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 73 of 200 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Crappy sniper? So if a whole kal-7 squad rushes you and kills you you plain suck?
Message 74 of 200 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6884 posts

Jan 25, 2013

having Dragon as a pick-up would be useless...with the T-bolt floating around, why would anyone bother with the dragon? Example, how many people do you see using it in classic maps that also have the t-bolt?

The dragon is like one of the only guns that were never complained about, because it was never unfair. Like someone has stated, even as a loadout gun it isn't used too often and when it is used, it requires practice to do decent with.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 75 of 200 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jan 25, 2013

People that dont speak my language.

Oh, ya i almost forgot

BRA

MEX

SW@G

OMG

iBiza

iWIN

And any other generic clan tag.

All user names
REDXJeenKs3000
kayjay22
AceSlayer21
Message 76 of 200 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3984 posts

Jan 25, 2013
I typically see at least one Dragon user per match nowadays. Sometimes its just a noob who just unlocked it but doesn't realize the skill needed to get kills with it. Most times its a more skilled player who will camp out for the T-Bolt and use the Dragon sparingly.
Message 77 of 200 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 25, 2013
I forgot: lack of HC mode.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 78 of 200 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jan 25, 2013
whats annoying about the sniper is that just because your sniping doesn't require for you to camp.
Message 79 of 200 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 26, 2013
Not everyone with a sniper camps; Not everyone without a sniper doesn't camp. It's more of people just being a camper in general.
Message 80 of 200 (221 Views)
0 Likes