Hekseville Citizen
197 posts

Re: what annoys you in this game? just curious :)

Feb 5, 2013
I completely agree with you on this one, Snake.
It's one thing to use tactics that are considered to be "easier" , camping to name an example.

But it's a completely different matter to abuse broken mechanics that was not intended to be part of the game itself (melee - roll cancel)

I can to some extent understand that people want to find the most efficient ways to get kills, but whan you are clearly abusing faulty mechanics of the game, you need to question yourself and the way you play.

It might be that Im old-fashioned ot whatever, but I don't want to win because I use tactics that are automatic (blindfire) or cheap (melee-roll).

Put these so-called "tactics" with a fair bit of lag in mind, and the game barely becomes unplayable to me.

The thing that makes me grow weary of this game is that it is not half of what we all expected it to be.
The blindfire accuray combined with the broken sprint makes the game the complete opposite of Uncharted 2, a game that got much more recognition (which was also much deserved) .

We hardly ever see gunfights in this game, nor do we get to use the evironment of the maps. Hardly anyone uses cover ot tries to be aware of their surroundings.

The key to get good scores:

Equip a weapon with a fast ROF, and a decent BF accuracy.
Sprint around until you accidentally run into an opponent.
Hold R1 for a second, tap square and then instantly circle.
Also rush for PW's and abuse them, have a PW kickback and you are all set.

I might be hoping for too much, but I want an Uncharted MP experience where we are all on level in terms of balance.
I'm all for having different playstyles, but they MUST be balanced and counter eachother in some way.

At the moment, almost every game I get into:

Facing players with 2 bar connections. My bullets won't do a darn thing.
Blindfire + PW fest.

On a side note, it would be sad to see you leave the game, Snake.
You are one of few people on my friendslist that make my time with Uncharted 3 somewhat fun.
The matches might be horrible, but playing them with friends make it all worthwhile. Smiley Happy

Message 131 of 200 (331 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Reonista wrote:

The matches might be horrible, but playing them with friends make it all worthwhile. Smiley Happy

And this is why I can't play this game on my own... Unless I attend to be a Masochist.

Message 132 of 200 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2202 posts

Feb 5, 2013

fyiByas wrote:

Reonista wrote:

And this is why I can't play this game on my own... Unless I attend to troll a party of 5.

You need to play Uncharted in a party. Never again will i get 289 objective points and lose the match.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 133 of 200 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Reonista wrote:

But it's a completely different matter to abuse broken mechanics that was not intended to be part of the game itself (melee - roll cancel)

And the worst part is now everyone has to "wack 'n roll" because if you don't you get instakilled.
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 134 of 200 (277 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Feb 6, 2013
this game is so corrupted.
Message 135 of 200 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6810 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

fyiByas wrote:

Reonista wrote:

And this is why I can't play this game on my own... Unless I attend to troll a party of 5.

You need to play Uncharted in a party. Never again will i get 289 objective points and lose the match.

Your team has 400+ points, they have like 30. They win, gotta love how objective ponits mean jack in the mode.

Feet
Message 136 of 200 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 6, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

fyiByas wrote:

Reonista wrote:

Your team has 400+ points, they have like 30. They win, gotta love how objective ponits mean jack in the mode.

Camping in Turf War will give you a lot of points, but you won't necessarily win the match as well.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 137 of 200 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6810 posts

Feb 6, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

fyiByas wrote:

Reonista wrote:

Camping in Turf War will give you a lot of points, but you won't necessarily win the match as well.

thats obvious... It's also the fact that 3 of the rounds give little to no points, and 1 round can only give points to 1 person at a time.

Feet
Message 138 of 200 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
274 posts

Feb 6, 2013

The M9. I've always had a problem with the gun. It's the only gun in this game that has never had any weakness. All the other guns have at least a few 'cons' going for them, but not the M9. To be honest, it's probably the crazy effectiveness of the blindfire auto lock on that makes me detest it, but even then, it should have a weakness. Long range? Check. Insane blindfire even WITHOUT the mod? Check. CQC? Check. Mid-range? Check. Controllable recoil? Check. A dumb rate of fire mod for a gun that ALREADY fires fast enough? Check. A good clip size? Check.

Ugh.

Message 139 of 200 (219 Views)
Survivor
2202 posts

Feb 6, 2013

StardustSpeedway wrote:

The M9. I've always had a problem with the gun. It's the only gun in this game that has never had any weakness. All the other guns have at least a few 'cons' going for them, but not the M9. To be honest, it's probably the crazy effectiveness of the blindfire auto lock on that makes me detest it, but even then, it should have a weakness. Long range? Check. Insane blindfire even WITHOUT the mod? Check. CQC? Check. Mid-range? Check. Controllable recoil? Check. A dumb rate of fire mod for a gun that ALREADY fires fast enough? Check. A good clip size? Check.

Ugh.

The M-9 is strong because the other guns are weak compared to it. Now of course some guys gonna come along and say "But the G-Mal is still useful" well if its so useful why do i only ever see AK's and M-9's. Anyway the M-9 is ment to be the "Jack of all trades" weapon. Decent at everything.

Currently, this game is in the "Blindfire" era. Since there is alot of blindfire, which two guns are the most outstanding of the 6? The AK and M-9. Players love to have an advantage and will almost always choose the stronger weapon, in this case the M-9.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 140 of 200 (208 Views)