Sep 11 2012
By: stayFROST-E Wastelander 698 posts

to ND -- Weighted Maps!

8 replies 265 views Edited Sep 11, 2012

I love ND's idea to weight the maps. Give people what they want; awesome. But their is one problem, in my opinion they give the weights too much influence. I propose, that for someone like myself who has played a lot and want a change of scenery, that the weights for the maps should be less influencial. For example, instead of having a LU or Airstrip match maybe every other game, that they would be more like a one in five games with those maps or something like that. Just to be clear, do not take out the weights, just make them less influencial.

I do all my cool stunts on games joined in-progress.Smiley Frustrated

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 1 of 9 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4001 posts

Re: to ND -- Weighted Maps!

Sep 11, 2012
They all should be weighted evenly at this point. We've all had our chances to play new maps. Time to even it up completely.
Message 2 of 9 (258 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 12, 2012

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
They all should be weighted evenly at this point. We've all had our chances to play new maps. Time to even it up completely.

I'm betting it's evenly, but LU and Airport have two variants each (Intro/No Intro). You weigh them of half their usual frequency and everything would be okay.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 3 of 9 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Well, I think this adds to the problem, but I'm pretty sure that they are weighted. I mean how often do you play Yemen compared to Facility or Desert Village. But anyways, I saw some post this that the intro or no intro should be decided after that map has been selected. To be clear; first you vote for the map, then intro or no (if applicable).

Message 4 of 9 (175 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 13, 2012

stayFROST-E wrote:

Well, I think this adds to the problem, but I'm pretty sure that they are weighted. I mean how often do you play Yemen compared to Facility or Desert Village. But anyways, I saw some post this that the intro or no intro should be decided after that map has been selected. To be clear; first you vote for the map, then intro or no (if applicable).

I was hoping for that, too. You know how often it is for non-DLC players to get choices like "LU or LU No Intro" or "Airport or Airport No Intro"? I mean, really.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 9 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

I totally hate weighted maps, I think every map should appear equally, if you ask me then the vote system should be removed too, I like variety, I want to play deathmatch also in yemen and highrise, but they hardly show up... same for plunder, city of brass is awesome for it, and if it finally comes, everyone votes for the other map (desert village mostly, how I hate that map...)

Message 6 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I totally hate weighted maps, I think every map should appear equally, if you ask me then the vote system should be removed too, I like variety, I don't want to play deathmatch also in yemen and highrise, but they hardly show up... same for plunder, city of brass is awesome for it, and if it finally comes, everyone votes for the other map (desert village mostly, how I hate that map...)

You don't like highrise but you like City of Brass? What are you, a DLC player?

Message 7 of 9 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2012

@stuntdouble

where did I say I don't like Highrise? in fact, Highrise is my favorite map on both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3

edit: oh I typed it wrong, I see... still I don't understand why you mention that I am probably a DLC player because city of brass is non-DLC too, so what did you try to tell me?

Message 8 of 9 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
698 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

Personallly, highrise is my favorite non-DLC map (SNIPERS! Smiley Happy). City of brass is my least favorite Smiley Indifferent.

Message 9 of 9 (97 Views)
0 Likes