Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: the description of skill me and some other players

Jan 13, 2013

meetbun wrote:

Man my connection must be terrible then...  

Every time im about to get into a gunfight I get the white plug, 

so I cant move AND I gotta sit there and watch them mow me down..  D: 

I no longer believe any comments saying laggers have the upperhand :/

I guess you don't have enough upload, because when you get into a gunfight, your PS3 needs to upload a constant stream of data.

www.speedtest.net

^ Post a result. Also, do you use WiFi?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 11 of 21 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jan 13, 2013
@LifeLongFrenzy: Biza*
Message 12 of 21 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Skill is being able to get kills and survive with any health type. Mostly crushing health is where all the skills is involved. Anyone can survive with high-health. 

0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 13, 2013

GamerAlexz wrote:

Skill is being able to get kills and survive with any health type. Mostly crushing health is where all the skills is involved. Anyone can survive with high-health. 

Oh really? That's why noobs steamrolled everyone in HC? Smiley Very Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 14 of 21 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Jan 14, 2013

GamerAlexz wrote:

Once again, all arguements come down to definitions. Skill as in aiming skill? High health is most conducive for skill in that way. But there is also skill in evasion, knowledge of the map, and just being tactical in general. See, there's no point in just saying "skill" it has no meaning unless you specify what you're talking about. Logically, the most skill based game would be high health against a very good team that works together. You still have to be able to aim, but you also have to be careful in such a way that you'd be careful with low health. And no, not everyone can survive high health. When will people learn that in high health it's all about the shooter. What you should say, is that anyone can survive, with high health, a bad or average shot. 

To people talking about lag. When people shoot you from around walls, in their game they shot you in the back until you were well past dead and it did nothing until you a few seconds later. They're getting skrewed over and you're the one complaining... The one and only thing that people have any right to complain about against laggers is that they did not have an opportunity to respond to the threat. The entire engagement occured before they could ever do anything about it. Likely, if you got shot in the back, through walls, regardless of whether that player was lagging or not you probably would have been dead anyway. As a person with a poor internet connection (my parents don't care enough to upgrade and neither do I), I get shot while white plugging a lot, so if you complain about me shooting you through walls then I figure it evens out. Besides, if I'm shooting you in the back or probably at all, your going to die whether I'm lagging or not. 

When I'm not lagging (which is probably most of the time) its a fair gun fight. I'm not being frozen as a result of the white plug and I'm not shooting anyone through walls. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 15 of 21 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3804 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Skill is that you can get kills in any situation with any guns and boosters.

People who say that the person with the best kdr is the most skilled don't even know what skill is.

Ahh, yes. Nothing feels more satisfying than killing an M9 ROF users with an AK over, and over, and over again. Smiley Happy

I like to use underpowered/rated stuff. Makes things more challenging and fun, plus it allows me to improve.

Message 16 of 21 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jan 14, 2013

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Wait, there's skill involved in this COMP MP?  I though it was all about Blindfire, Wack n' Roll, and power weapons.  No wait, those ARE the skills needed for this MP.  #DEPRESSED. 

Nobody else should have replied to this thread because THIS IS THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING.

Message 17 of 21 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Yeah, my results were pretty bad lol. Its all good though cus I already know my connection is bad Smiley Sad

PING: 719ms

UPLOAD SPEED: 0.65mbps

DOWNLOAD SPEED: 0.33mbps

edit:: Yea I do use WiFi

Message 18 of 21 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 14, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

GamerAlexz wrote:

Oh really? That's why noobs steamrolled everyone in HC? Smiley Very Happy

Man, HC was great.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 19 of 21 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Jan 14, 2013

U3 has 5 different main skill sets that I can think of: head up, power weapon control, situational awareness, communication, map knowledge. The most important of these is situational awareness and communication, IMO.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 20 of 21 (142 Views)