Highlighted
Oct 07 2012
By: jedi_khan Splicer 54 posts

"Error Initializing Session Manager"

4 replies 1319 views Edited Oct 7, 2012

Hi!  I would like a suggestion please.  Often now (this has not happened until about two days ago) I get an error message whenever I try to go online.  After the startup and opening logos, I'm at the title screen.  I hit start, and go to multiplayer.  The "Connecting" screen comes up.  The bar fills to about a fifth, then stops.  This is common, I know, but it usually doesn't stop for very long.  It sticks there for nearly a minute, then the whole display disappears.  Then I see an error message, in a normal error box (like the one telling if you've been removed from the game) that says "Error Initializing Session Manager".  It then goes back to the main menu, and after around five seconds, cuts back to the title screen, regardless of what I do.  This doesn't always happen, sometimes it doesn't happen at all.  Sometimes it will work if I restart the game, or sometimes if I take the disk out.  Yes, my internet connection is fine, and yes, my disk is in perfect condition, and yes, my PS3 is unscathed (for the most part, just a bruise on the plastic covering, no mechanical damage.  This happened almost a year ago).  I know some (but not a lot) about how all these games work, and I have speculated what this means.  There is obviously something wrong with starting up the... well... session manager, which I believe (and this is speculation as well, I'm no expert) is what controls the online experience... maybe one master script stringing everything together.  It could be an error with said script (again, it may not even exist, this is more or less inference), or with another that is needed to run it.  I don't know what could have caused it if this is the case, however.  Is someone informed an knowledgeable could help me, it would be great.  I'd love to have this fixed, as it is getting rather bothersome.  Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 5 (1,319 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Re: "Error Initializing Session Manager"

Oct 7, 2012

Hi, this message means the servers are down it's not in any of our hands to fix it. We just have to wait untill the servers are back up again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (1,313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 7, 2012

can someone tell me when the servers will be back up please. really want to play this game /:

Message 3 of 5 (1,302 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Oct 7, 2012

UnReaL_ReaP4rZz wrote:

can someone tell me when the servers will be back up please. really want to play this game /:

No one knows.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 5 (1,190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Thanks, though this info isn't exactly comforting...

I'm (somewhat) glad to hear it isn't my game or my internet connection, but rather the ND servers...

You do know this for sure, correct?  I apologize if I sound condesending, but I don't like it when people dish out uninformed, poorly thought out answers.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (1,141 Views)
0 Likes