Fender Bender
2352 posts

Re: partysplits every day (1.17 and still not fixed...)

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

I played a lot of matches today, all of them in a party of 4-5 players. We didn't get split once.

During the matchmaking, I often changed the colours of my characters, looked at emblems and such things... we hardly ever backed out after a match... Basically we did all the things that usually lead to a "party split" but we did not get split once, so I thought ND has finally fixed it.

If they didn't, that's bad, but at least it seems to be improved somehow.

same, i never see this "bug" that seems to happen to everyone besides me 

Are you seriously implying that party splits is not an actual "bug"??? Do you even party up with players???

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 21 of 44 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Well guys, give ND a break. Testing party splits is hard when you can only muster up a party of 2 at Uncharted 3 multiplayer HQ.
Message 22 of 44 (425 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Feb 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

are partysplits really that big a deal?... I mean c'mon. You already have the upperhand being in a party, and what's wrong with friendly competition between your friends. I mean my friends and I get split sometimes and we just fight each other all in good fun. I mean personally it doesn't happen that frequently to us even, probably 1-3 times per sitting with my party.

Granted I don't play in parties as much as some other players do, but I feel the same way.  Who cares if you occasionally get split up from your party.  It's a good opportunity to show off and talk friendly trash to your teammates. 

The people who are probably complaining about party splits are the people who are concerned for their KDR because they know it would be much lower if they went solo.

Message 23 of 44 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Granted I don't play in parties as much as some other players do, but I feel the same way.  Who cares if you occasionally get split up from your party.  It's a good opportunity to show off and talk friendly trash to your teammates.

The people who are probably complaining about party splits are the people who are concerned for their KDR because they know it would be much lower if they went solo.

By entering matchmaking with buddies you want to play with your friends and not against them. If you feel like playing your friends feel free to use the Custom Game option which has been added exactly for those reasons. As the gamer offers the possibily to party up with other people it should also be able to match up teams properly considering the parties in each lobby. I wonder whether anyone can actually name any other game that's having the same issues. I can't think of any.

I'm usually playing in a party of 2 with the threadstarter and we're still getting randomly split up in case we don't search for a new lobby after every match. We've been told that this issue has been addressed and fixed with previous patches but as it's still occuring developers should take another look into it.

Also you may keep the last sentence you've written down for yourself. This issue has got nothing to do with KDR or anything else as it's even happening with little parties of 2. And I haven't seen people complaining about parties of 2 yet. Your view of that issue, which actually in fact is a bug, is quite ignorant.

My YouTube channel
www.youtube.com/user/Vyk207
Message 24 of 44 (386 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Feb 27, 2013

VykVyk wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

By entering matchmaking with buddies you want to play with your friends and not against them. If you feel like playing your friends feel free to use the Custom Game option which has been added exactly for those reasons. As the gamer offers the possibily to party up with other people it should also be able to match up teams properly considering the parties in each lobby. I wonder whether anyone can actually name any other game that's having the same issues. I can't think of any.

I'm usually playing in a party of 2 with the threadstarter and we're still getting randomly split up in case we don't search for a new lobby after every match. We've been told that this issue has been addressed and fixed with previous patches but as it's still occuring developers should take another look into it.

Also you may keep the last sentence you've written down for yourself. This issue has got nothing to do with KDR or anything else as it's even happening with little parties of 2. And I haven't seen people complaining about parties of 2 yet. Your view of that issue, which actually in fact is a bug, is quite ignorant.

Actually.. As for KDR. If you played solo your KDR would be way higher, playing with a party includes having 5 beastly players on the same side all lingering for kills.

As opposed to being a lone wolf where you get all the kills to yourself usually.

Message 25 of 44 (372 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6805 posts

Feb 27, 2013

What about when the lobby is filled with a bunch of little parties and a party gets split, is that a bug too? Doubt it since its the game not wanting to make a 6vs4.

I mean it doesn't happen often, and if you're really hurt about it you can leave, or like others selfishly suggested... take advantage of it and boost off each other.

What's wrong with a little healthy competition among friends in the heat of a real match anyway? It doesn't happen often enough to be an annoyance and when we get split, it is fun taunting each other over every kill and we know we can just leave if we don't wanna fight and that it will most likely be fine the next round anyway.

Feet
Message 26 of 44 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

What's wrong with a little healthy competition among friends in the heat of a real match anyway? It doesn't happen often enough to be an annoyance and when we get split, it is fun taunting each other over every kill and we know we can just leave if we don't wanna fight and that it will most likely be fine the next round anyway.

Because:

1) We have Custom Game for that! How many times do we have to say that?

2) It's not what the players expected. Game code should be consistent and predictable, just like in every other game that has a party system.

How would you feel if you ordered a steak every day in the same restaurant and once in a while you were offered a hamburger, although you didn't ask for that? And on top of that, the waiter said that "it's cool to eat a hamburger sometimes instead of a steak every day"?

You don't like my analogy? IDGAF!

Also, spare me the KDR excuse. Someone who is letting his friends to boost off of him is screwing his KDR on purpose and he's getting plenty of Unluckies as well. So no, he is not selfish, he is ALTRUIST (ever heard of that word?).

Competition isn't the end all be all, some people play with their friends because they enjoy their company, jesting, chatting and the social experience in general. Unheard of, eh?

ps: The best way to boost your KDR is to play FFA, not team-based modes. Don't take my word for it, just ask Ibiza, lol.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 27 of 44 (362 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6805 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Where did I even mention KDR!?

I'm honestly still not seeing the big deal with partysplitting, tbh I don't care if it is never fixed seeing as there are much bigger problems with matchmaking in general. Along with other fixes that still need to be made that should have more priority over this 'bug'

Feet
Message 28 of 44 (301 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

as there are much bigger problems with matchmaking in general. Along with other fixes that still need to be made that should have more priority over this 'bug'

Bigger problems?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 29 of 44 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6805 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Before I say what I see as problems in matchmaking...

you honestly think partysplitting is the biggest and/or only problem having to do with the matchmaking system?

Feet
Message 30 of 44 (270 Views)
0 Likes