Fender Bender
2381 posts

Re: oh boy, I can't wait for that G-MAL nerf!

Feb 9, 2013
EXSPOSED BY TAP!
Message 81 of 94 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 9, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

"blindfire is not as accurate as aiming" doesn't mean it should lose all the time. It just means (with the exception of the kal maybe) that you will hit less bullets when blindfiring a guy more often then with decent aim therefore having to use more ammo to successfully hit him. I don't get the superiority complex behind people saying "I aimed I should have beat him"

You must be Robert Cogburn's alter ego.

No, I just don't complain about a mechanic thats been in the game from the start, I mean I agree the multiplayer has its imperfections, but blindfire isn't really a big problem in my eyes... never was once SP was implemented.

The G-MAL has been in the game from the start as well and it was even more powerful in the Summer beta thanks to Heavy Bullets. It never was a problem in my eyes.

See my point now? I can easily use your logic to counter your arguments.

The problem is that you have Robert Cogburn (and probably other blindfire-loving ND devs) on your side, so it's impossible for me and many others who prefer aiming to win this battle. Sometimes the evil/corrupted side wins... c'est la vie.

I swear though, I will never let anyone to nerf weapons that require aiming in TLOU/UC4 MP. If I need to form an anti-nerf/pro aiming brigade with other like-minded forumers, then I won't hesitate to do that. Smiley Wink

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 82 of 94 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

"blindfire is not as accurate as aiming" doesn't mean it should lose all the time. It just means (with the exception of the kal maybe) that you will hit less bullets when blindfiring a guy more often then with decent aim therefore having to use more ammo to successfully hit him. I don't get the superiority complex behind people saying "I aimed I should have beat him"

No, I just don't complain about a mechanic thats been in the game from the start, I mean I agree the multiplayer has its imperfections, but blindfire isn't really a big problem in my eyes... never was once SP was implemented.

The G-MAL has been in the game from the start as well and it was even more powerful in the Summer beta thanks to Heavy Bullets. It never was a problem in my eyes.

The problem is that you have Robert Cogburn (and probably other blindfire-loving ND devs) on your side, so it's impossible for me and many others who prefer aiming to win this battle. Sometimes the evil/corrupted side wins... c'est la vie.

I swear though, I will never let anyone to nerf weapons that require aiming in TLOU/UC4 MP. If I need to form an anti-nerf/pro aiming brigade with other like-minded forumers, then I won't hesitate to do that. Smiley Wink

I hope you work at Naughty Dog otherwise that is a huge claim to make. Give it a year and they'll screw up the Last of Us also.

Message 83 of 94 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Asraik wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I hope you work at Naughty Dog otherwise that is a huge claim to make. Give it a year and they'll screw up the Last of Us also.

Of course they have to screw up TLOU, so that we will buy UC4... it's an awfully predictable pattern. Smiley Indifferent

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 84 of 94 (266 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6722 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Believe it or not, I prefer aiming as well, that doesn't mean I will refuse to blindfire due to odd morals where it is effective. I can't speak for what UC4 will become, but TLOU seems like it will be an entirely different kind of game for multiplayer.

Also, the G-mal and blindfire itself are different. One being a weapon the other a game mechanic. I can even say that I wasn't expecting a nerf on the G-mal at first, but that didn't stop me from noticing how effective it was. Now it seems that by your logic you are stating that no matter how strong it was, you don't care because it required skill and aiming. If I remember, the aim assist coupled with the stopping power coupled with the little recoil made the g-mal literally stick to any enemy you looked at and froze them to a stop long enough for you to finish them. Like I said I wasn't someone crying for a nerf, but I did see why people were crying about it...

That being said, G-mal was able to stop someone running at them at close-range and kill them, was able to win most 1v1 gunfights due to the sticky reticle, and was able to take out even Dragon snipers from afar due to the little recoil it had. On the flipside we have blindfire, which is only effective on 4/10(maybe 5) of the loadout guns vanilla models and can only compete in 1 range effectively, and most people I see relying solely on blindfire in regular DM modes, go terribly negative, really effective huh?

Feet
Message 85 of 94 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Asraik wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Of course they have to screw up TLOU, so that we will buy UC4... it's an awfully predictable pattern. Smiley Indifferent

Nah not buying TLOU, I can't afford to spend money on new games or even used one for the next couple of months, hence why I bought Tomb Raider to keep me busy. Perhaps they can get money off a lot of other people, but their incompetence wen dealing with UC3 turned me off. :<

Message 86 of 94 (258 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Did someone say the other weapons work fine now besides M9 being the only gun you'll ever see now?

That's the biggest load of **bleep** I've heard since tournament system. With that **bleep** argument logic, the other guns worked fine pre-Gmal nerf and you just happened to suck at anything that isn't blindfire range.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 87 of 94 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2202 posts

Feb 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Did someone say the other weapons work fine now besides M9 being the only gun you'll ever see now?

That's the biggest load of **bleep** I've heard since tournament system. With that **bleep** argument logic, the other guns worked fine pre-Gmal nerf and you just happened to suck at anything that isn't blindfire range.

All the guns still work, trust me i just used a Fal and a Tau and went 18-3. But the thing is the M-9 is decent at everything. Now we cant exactly nerf the M-9, My idea would be to give the other weapons a buff so they can compete.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 88 of 94 (223 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14145 posts

Feb 10, 2013

None of the guns actually work fine.

M9 - A little too much recoil but is actually the only usable weapon

AK - Way too much recoil. It's usable but it feels like a constant battle with the game rather than actual enjoyment.

G-MAL - So much recoil on a long range weapon negates it's purpose in so many ways, while it isn't useless. you are not doing yourself any favors by using it due to the next gun

Dragon Sniper - Sticky Aim assist does not allow following of targets, it's aiming is broken, it's usable at long range though while the alternative weapon to it is not usable at long range when you compare the two this is the obvious one to choose.

KAL 7 - Just a really stupid idea. A gun that's sole purpose is to be not aimed, someone was high in the ND office clearly.

As for the side arms..

Tau Sniper - Horrible looking recticule makes it hard to line up shots correctly, It's not broken on recoil though. Probably would be better with scoping levels.

Para 9 - Fine recoil, fine weapon, needs hipfire changes, too dominant in that scenario

Raffica - Very rarely see it used to make any judgement though, whenever I have seen it I've took the person down with them usually missing every shot. It's not the recoil. It's the recticule. Its just silly looking. Why do we even need it in the game?

Micro - This is on KAL level really, even though I do use it from time to time, c'mon. the recoil is stupid, whoever aims that is either an idiot or just messing around. It's clearly designed to not be aimed.

So.. A lot of the weapons have high recoil, the new player will take that as a direct hint not to aim. I sure do and I'm not even a new player. As they say, if you can't do it, why bother. That is where the problem lies, ND adding recoil to everything as the solution when the solution lies with weapon damages and health.

I honestly don't know what was wrong with the Uncharted 1.04 model of health and gun damage.

Say what you will about 1.06 too, but at least everything killed you immediately, it was balanced.

Regardless of Uncharted 2 in 1.04 or 1.06 what happened to ND during this time? did the skilled devs leave? Are there trainee developers designing Uncharted? that is how it feels.

Seriously. It's not hard to balance a game. It's hard to get it to be perfect.. But no one is asking for that. I just don't understand how professional studio games can get this so wrong so often yet I see indie developers nailing it.

Message 89 of 94 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
835 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Congrats community for ruining the game once more lol We´re back to subway beta state once again.... Anyway thanks god i dont play public matches like i did before, only customs( FraggedNation)

Message 90 of 94 (169 Views)