Aug 29 2012
By: k3ruption Lombax Warrior 100 posts

multiplayer matchmaking

8 replies 158 views Edited Aug 29, 2012

Yet another example of why games should be based off of location and not "skill". Here is a so called "balanced" team....

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/mattashe/photo.jpg

This makes it almost impossible to make tournament tickets worthwhile...maybe that is what ND wants so we just waste them and have to buy more....I dont know.

If it isnt matchmaking that is garbage like this...it is serious lag in games. I have a 50mb down and 3 mb up connection. I am positive the host has no issue recieving my position....however when the host has a garbage upload or another player has a garbage upload then they "lag" to us....meaning we should be shooting ahead of them. Yet when they shoot us we die really easy. So how do we fix this?? I think people should have a minimum required connection to be able to play multiplayer games. OR ND can make it so we can choose HOW we want to find games.....by region or by skill. I want region based matchmaking so that I dont sit here and get lag killed all day. On another note....how about ND incorporates PING into the lobby so we can see who has garbage connections and maybe be able to vote kick them from the sttart of the game.....Either way, Me having a good connection and alot of other people having bad connections makes the game extremely frustrating. This is common among almost all of my friends. We have good connections and when we play custom games there is virtually no lag....only in public. Go figure.

Message 1 of 9 (158 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Re: multiplayer matchmaking

Aug 29, 2012

You must be new here...

Message 2 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

Aug 29, 2012

Dude, we have all realized this before you. This is the reason why I will never get Djinn. The matchmaking is so broken that all low/bad players almost always end up on my team. Smiley Frustrated

If that's not the case than someone is lagging and it ruins the whole match. Smiley Frustrated

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 3 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Where have you been....
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 4 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Aug 29, 2012
Message 5 of 9 (133 Views)
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Aug 29, 2012

I am not new, I have played since Launch, I have been playing and not **bleep** too much, but now I am just fed-up. Honestly. The thing is...that this is the same issue not matter what and yet ND refuses to acknowledge it and give preferences as to how we want to matchmake....

Also....just make the goddamn DLC free already....I dont care if you have to buy tourney tickets and skins but the player pools are so split up from people not wanting to pay...that its rediculous..I have them all and i honestly wouldnt care if they gave them to the other players so that it would be 1 player pool again like "you guessed it" at launch. This game was seriously way less frustrating before all the DLC

Message 6 of 9 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Aug 29, 2012

k3ruption wrote:

I am not new, I have played since Launch, I have been playing and not **bleep** too much, but now I am just fed-up. Honestly. The thing is...that this is the same issue not matter what and yet ND refuses to acknowledge it and give preferences as to how we want to matchmake....

Also....just make the goddamn DLC free already....I dont care if you have to buy tourney tickets and skins but the player pools are so split up from people not wanting to pay...that its rediculous..I have them all and i honestly wouldnt care if they gave them to the other players so that it would be 1 player pool again like "you guessed it" at launch. This game was seriously way less frustrating before all the DLC

Oh yeah! I remember you now - I think me, you, and shockrmolar played together, right?

Message 7 of 9 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Anytime lag is brought up, its a good thing.

Regional matchmaking toggle seems like the best solution.

Every topic could be lag orientated and it woyld be justified.
Message 8 of 9 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6772 posts

Aug 30, 2012

I don't even play the tournament or use my tickets. It's not worth my time and effort to be screwed over by matchmaking.

Message 9 of 9 (90 Views)