Dec 30 2013
By: xxBLiTZKREIGxx Treasure Hunter 3645 posts

matchmaking observation

29 replies 418 views Edited Dec 30, 2012
Ever since the game launched, "Optimal" game was your best bet for finding a decent match (low lag). Now "Optimal" rarely finds a match, let alone a good match. "Close" dimds no one. But "finding players" is working out gteat. I used to get the worst matchmaking results while "finding players". Now its awesome! I think it must be a last ditch effort to find players and it must eliminate all criteria except ping.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Message 1 of 30 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Re: matchmaking observation

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

The player pool has drop considerably, hasn't it?  This includes searching for Co-Op Arena matches too.  NDI need to get on their horse about release this MP FOR FREE as a digital download from the PS Store, and they need to do it lickity split (in a hurry). 

One time! 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 2 of 30 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

Dec 30, 2012
It's not the player pool that's the problem it's the games poor matchmaking mechanics. Uncharted 2 actually manages to find matches faster and it has a smaller player pool.
Message 3 of 30 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3645 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I just find it curious as to why "finding players" gets me less laggy matches than "Optimal " search does. Its weird, but I like it.
Message 4 of 30 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2222 posts

Dec 30, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

The player pool has drop considerably, hasn't it?  This includes searching for Co-Op Arena matches too.  NDI need to get on their horse about release this MP FOR FREE as a digital download from the PS Store, and they need to do it lickity split (in a hurry). 

One time! 

The'll never release it free, the only reason they would is for PlayStation Plus users. A new PS3 bundle comes with Uncharted 3, so they aren't going to be making it free anytime soon. Uncharted 2 hasn't even been released as free, so I wouldn't count on ever seeing Uncharted 3 being released as free until we see the previous games in the series being released with no charge first.

Nadeyatsya
Message 5 of 30 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Asraik wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

One time! 

The'll never release it free, the only reason they would is for PlayStation Plus users. A new PS3 bundle comes with Uncharted 3, so they aren't going to be making it free anytime soon. Uncharted 2 hasn't even been released as free, so I wouldn't count on ever seeing Uncharted 3 being released as free until we see the previous games in the series being released with no charge first.

What you forget is the fact that Uncharted 2 didn't have any microtransactions.

They can release UC3 MP for free and make a lot of money by selling hats/skins/taunts/emblems/tickets etc. Can they do that with UC2 MP?

Economics 101

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 30 (331 Views)
Survivor
2222 posts

Dec 30, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Asraik wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

One time! 

They can release UC3 MP for free and make a lot of money by selling hats/skins/taunts/emblems/tickets etc. Can they do that with UC2 MP?

Economics 101

True, but will they?

Nadeyatsya
Message 7 of 30 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Dec 30, 2012

I believe that the game wants you to join in the middle of a game. Why else would it say searching for "Optimal Game". Basically it searches for a game and then if it doesn't work it searches for players. Big mistake since most people don't like joining games and back out. It should be "Searching for Players" then "Searching for Optimal Game".

>
Message 8 of 30 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Dec 30, 2012

The world may never know ^ & How do you post a gif has your sig? 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 9 of 30 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Asraik wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Asraik wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

One time! 

Economics 101

True, but will they?

We will know Soon (TM).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 30 (307 Views)