Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Re: Repopulating the Playlists and increasing player pool

Dec 31, 2012
I may be inclined to agree that Crushing health is majorly appealing to me because i lothe sprint and how people run away. I wont ever do that unless it's objectives or plunder where I'm probably needed elsewhere.. If I deserve to die, I'll take my death and not run away. Then again maybe I'm doing it without even knowing I'm doing it....

Message 171 of 178 (222 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

snake134678 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

original post edited

below is an option to cater to every players taste and also increase the player pool so that it is much easier to find a game, simples!!!

classic mode isnt popular but for some people its a must have,

standard TDM is full of nonsense and general unbalance buts its the most popular,

Hardcore was a good mode and is a must have for some people.

Crushing was fun and a lot of people like it

why not include all these deathmatch modes in 2 seperate playlists - we already have 2 (standard TDM and Classic) so this would increase player numbers and also freshen things up

e.g.

1) classic vs. Standard TDM (vote)

2) Hardcore vs Crushing (vote)

the crushing lab was very fun for me, i had much more fun playing it than i had in a long time.

while it may not be popular with some of the hardcore vets id bet it would be very popular with the noobs and casuals - it would have a large fan base imo and would only increase the total player pool if it was included as an option in a playlist with both crushing mode and one other mode (be it hardcore, standard, classic).

the next lab should be Classic mode but with crushing health

You missed one very important thing that will make this never work people will just leave if there gamemode doesn't come up if that happens they will stop playing the game after a sometime meaning a lower player pool.

i dont see that happening much. there all deathmatch modes and we would be paring like with like.

as i said not many people play Classic mode so if it was pared with Hardcore, which was also not a very popular mode = it would increase the number of people playing both modes (as it caters to more people) and also you would have people who like classic mode more or who like hardcore more, and/or people who like both.

overall the number of people playing both would increase and also the player pool in each mode would be higher than it was since there is only one playlist for two modes (100 people, 2 doors, take away one = increases the usage of door no. 1)

anyways you could pair the modes differently if ye wanted

Message 172 of 178 (211 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 6, 2013
see the way UC2s player pool increased when the DLC went free, the player pool has droped hugely now again.
ND should lock all the playlists in UC2 except for "all competitive modes" this way it would raise the player pool a lot and it wouldnt cost ND anything and would only take as long as trying to find a match in UC3 Smiley Happy,
but really this would be great for the game - it would reduce lag and increase variety of game types played
Message 173 of 178 (173 Views)
Fender Bender
3302 posts

Re: increasing player pool per playlist

Jan 6, 2013
Release DLC for Free and give this game one last push before Tomb Raider, The Last Of Us & GTA5 they should do it before the end of this month, going free to play won't help much since once people reach the Rank Cap they probably won't buy the full thing of course ND will probably not do this since I get the impression they enjoy milking there loyal fanbase.
Message 174 of 178 (170 Views)
Fender Bender
3302 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Message 175 of 178 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 6, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
Release DLC for Free and give this game one last push before Tomb Raider, The Last Of Us & GTA5 they should do it before the end of this month, going free to play won't help much since once people reach the Rank Cap they probably won't buy the full thing of course ND will probably not do this since I get the impression they enjoy milking there loyal fanbase.

for UC3 you mean ??

for UC2 they definitely should give the map packs for free(the map packs only costed 2.50 each when they released anyways), they wont loose anything at this stage,

for UC3, yes giving the maps for free would be great (forget about the rest of the stuff, it not necessary).

but id settle for this: combine the 3 map packs into 1 and sell it for a low price of 5$, have it free for PS plus members, anyone who has bought 1 or two map packs should get the rest of them free imo since they cant play what they payed for anyway.

Message 176 of 178 (156 Views)
Fender Bender
3302 posts

Jan 6, 2013
@Blennerville I'm currently mobile so can't quote you but I agree with that as well, I had posted a similar question in that 'January Questions thread' why they haven't lowered Map packs prices yet seeing that the GOTY edition is available either way your idea is just as good the DLC Map Packs really segregate the player pool hoping they will address this somehow.
Message 177 of 178 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
@Blennerville I'm currently mobile so can't quote you but I agree with that as well, I had posted a similar question in that 'January Questions thread' why they haven't lowered Map packs prices yet seeing that the GOTY edition is available either way your idea is just as good the DLC Map Packs really segregate the player pool hoping they will address this somehow.

kool,

i dited my post in the Q & A, its on the page after yours i think, needs some kudos Smiley Wink

Message 178 of 178 (136 Views)
0 Likes