Jul 06 2012
By: dadypain Wastelander 578 posts

getting map packs? (Eric from ND applied fix via live update)

[ Edited ]
160 replies 1627 views Edited Jul 24, 2012

Despite having dlc's on, for the last couple of days have noticed that no dlc maps have been coming up at all! Whether its the flashback maps or the brand new maps.

Anyone else getting this?

dadypain

Message 1 of 161 (1,627 Views)
Survivor
2678 posts

Re: anyone else not getting dlc maps at all?

Jul 6, 2012

Yes sir.   Toggle is broken.   I've even asked opponents in the pre-game lobby if they even own any DLC content.  They don't.  DLC maps aren't showing up because we are being matched against people who don't have DLC.  For some reason everybody is in one big player pool right now no matter if their toggle is set to on or off.

you can still luck out and find a DLC map every great once in a while if you're lucky enough to find a lobby where everyone owns DLC maps......just like the default player pool.

Message 2 of 161 (1,617 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jul 6, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

For some reason everybody is in one big player pool right now

Does that mean less lag? Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 161 (1,610 Views)
Naughty Paw
20192 posts

Jul 6, 2012

renatabls wrote:

lEvilDeadl wrote:

For some reason everybody is in one big player pool right now

Does that mean less lag? Smiley Happy

That's what the smart Internet tech guys would say.

Although not entirely.

Message 4 of 161 (1,608 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Jul 6, 2012
Nope me neither!!!game is broken nuaghty dog!!!!we all paid for those maps...this has no **bleep** excuses!!!!
Message 5 of 161 (1,577 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jul 6, 2012

BirthBS wrote:
Nope me neither!!!game is broken nuaghty dog!!!!we all paid for those maps...this has no **bleep** excuses!!!!

They tried to fix it but they broke it even further. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 161 (1,572 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 6, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

Yes sir.   Toggle is broken.   I've even asked opponents in the pre-game lobby if they even own any DLC content.  They don't.  DLC maps aren't showing up because we are being matched against people who don't have DLC.  For some reason everybody is in one big player pool right now no matter if their toggle is set to on or off.

you can still luck out and find a DLC map every great once in a while if you're lucky enough to find a lobby where everyone owns DLC maps......just like the default player pool.

I can get DLC...I get the flashback map packs more than anyone else I've partied with too. 

Some people just don't get DLC and I don't know how. 

Funny because I don't even want the DLC.  The matches on DLC are always extremely sucky...

Message 7 of 161 (1,566 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Jul 6, 2012
So ND try and make FB2 maps show up more and in the end all DLC show up even less. Just another day in Uncharted 3.
tlousig2
Message 8 of 161 (1,544 Views)
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Jul 6, 2012

Tried to play DLC last night, I got London Underground and Airstrip almost constantly lol.

Message 9 of 161 (1,543 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Jul 6, 2012

I signed on to my wife's PS3 account and loaded up Uncharted 3 earlier.   Playing solo with DLC on, I had no problem finding DLC maps.  There was a DLC map voting option every game.  Played Plaza, Village, Old Quarter and Temple.

Playing with my freinds since update 1.12.059 I've not been able to find one DLC game.  We are searching in the Default player pool even though DLC toggle is set to on.  We keep finding low levels who don't even have DLC.  The last few nights we have resorted to playing custom games all night since we are unable to find any players who even resemble any sort of competition.  We play these customs on DLC maps so I  know they all have them.

There are only 2 possible explanations:

1. This glitch is exclusive to parties.  I don't know how or why but Naughty Dog needs to fix it ASAP.

2. The matchmaking server is not recognizing that some players have DLC when they do.  This allows them to play DLC in custom games but are put in the non-DLC player pool when matchmaking starts.  It only takes for the server to not recognize one person's DLC to put the entire party in the default player pool.    I have already sent several of my friends messages asking them to re-download their DLC maps as a test to see if this is the case. 

Message 10 of 161 (1,512 Views)