Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Re: anyone else not getting dlc maps at all?

Jul 25, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:
I'm always looking at the forums. 

Great, now we just want you to keep replying. Smiley Tongue Haha, I'm joking. I'm just happy that you're replying more often, please keep doing that!

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 151 of 161 (426 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4401 posts

Jul 25, 2012
One issue down, many personal and technical issues to go. You got a lot of work to do, ND, but good job anyway. I hope you will have more interaction with the community from now on although you may get complaints in return, but may be worth it.

I'm just curious. Have anyone received PM from tapantaola? We owe this to him for bringing direct attention to ND. Well, not only him, but also IEvilDeadI for figuring out the problem. Thank them while you can for fixing the **bleep** "rip-off" problem that lasted few months. Yes, include you, ND.

It's a bit sad and disappointing in the end though. Right now, we can leave the past behind and look forward to the future. We look forward to patch 1.13 that will bring many new contents and fun to Uncharted MP again. Smiley Happy
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 152 of 161 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Cyris wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa...

are you saying there's more than $20 worth of DLC coming up? For skins?

Wait before you judge, maybe it's more than just skins.

Sound advice Smiley Happy

I'm going to stop talking now as everything will be given away!

Fair enough! Thank you much for the info though I appreciate it.  Now I'm gonna hang onto the 10 bills I got on my psn account already and just a new $20 card on top of that. 

Message 153 of 161 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 25, 2012

DLC maps are still not showing even though I have my toggle "on". I have fbmp 1 and DD map packs. I heard that fbmp2 is priority now and that's why I am not getting DLC maps to vote on. Do I have to get fbmp2 to be put back in the DLC pool? I buy DLC for other online games from time to time and I have never experienced any DLC issues. I don't know why it's happening in Uncharted 3. Sigh...

~"Hi Naughty Dog, shall we all get together and do a fund raising event for you seeing as you are short on cash?"- AliMakaveli
~Psn wais_45
~BPA+
Message 154 of 161 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Wais45-Mak wrote:

DLC maps are still not showing even though I have my toggle "on". I have fbmp 1 and DD map packs. I heard that fbmp2 is priority now and that's why I am not getting DLC maps to vote on. Do I have to get fbmp2 to be put back in the DLC pool? I buy DLC for other online games from time to time and I have never experienced any DLC issues. I don't know why it's happening in Uncharted 3. Sigh...

Ok. Let me explain to you why you're not seeing any DLC maps currently.

ND wants to let everyone play DLC maps, instead of forcing players to buy all DLCs to play. So, a month ago, everyone who bought the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Pack alone, could play them. Now, anyone who owns Flashback Map Pack #2 alone, could play it.

Now, you cannot play the DLC maps unless you have FBMP#2 with any of the other packs or even alone, but they'll adjust it later to favour other packs. So, for now, you'll stay in the Default Player Pool until they adjust it again (and they'll do it, don't worry).

It's like your turn is done to play the maps now, but you'll be able to play them later.

Message 155 of 161 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Wais45-Mak wrote:

Ok. Let me explain to you why you're not seeing any DLC maps currently.

ND wants to let everyone play DLC maps, instead of forcing players to buy all DLCs to play. So, a month ago, everyone who bought the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Pack alone, could play them. Now, anyone who owns Flashback Map Pack #2 alone, could play it.

Now, you cannot play the DLC maps unless you have FBMP#2 with any of the other packs or even alone, but they'll adjust it later to favour other packs. So, for now, you'll stay in the Default Player Pool until they adjust it again (and they'll do it, don't worry).

It's like your turn is done to play the maps now, but you'll be able to play them later.

The bolded part should not be happening because people payed money to play on the maps, not to wait a while then play. I am not an expert in how the DLC system should work but the system ND has is flawed on so many levels. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. 

~"Hi Naughty Dog, shall we all get together and do a fund raising event for you seeing as you are short on cash?"- AliMakaveli
~Psn wais_45
~BPA+
Message 156 of 161 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Wais45-Mak wrote:
The bolded part should not be happening because people payed money to play on the maps, not to wait a while then play. I am not an expert in how the DLC system should work but the system ND has is flawed on so many levels. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. 

This is the best way, otherwise, people would have to own ALL DLCs to play without turns; which is even more unfair.

Message 157 of 161 (296 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Wais45-Mak wrote:

This is the best way, otherwise, people would have to own ALL DLCs to play without turns; which is even more unfair.

I was thinking on getting fbmp2 in a while now so I will get it especially if I don't want to wait then play on the DLC maps. Thanks for the help. 

~Psn wais_45
~BPA+
Message 158 of 161 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Maybe this has been suggested already...

But couldn't Naughty Dog just update the DLC Map Pack priority on a more regular basis?  Daily?  Weekly?

Wouldn't this be the simplest solution?  Perhaps there is more to it than that?

Message 159 of 161 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: getting map packs? (Eric from ND applied fix via live update)

Feb 14, 2013

Hi there

I have 2 DLC maps packs and I they don't show in voting for a game, and I am wondering why? Did I spent $20 For nothing?

Message 160 of 161 (149 Views)
0 Likes