Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/17/2010
Offline
1135 posts
 

Re: anyone else not getting dlc maps at all?

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012
Yep I played some great matches with a friend. DLC is now showing up again... "Thank you ND, was getting tired of LU and Airstrip over and over." Smiley Very Happy
Message 131 of 161 (452 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17603 posts
 

Re: anyone else not getting dlc maps at all?

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

what's even more sad is I made a post saying the exact same thing NINE days ago on this forum:

 

 

 http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/Temporary-fix-for-DLC-matchmaking-problem...

 

perhaps the ND staff should spend a little more time reading their own official forums.  (also emailed NDI directly via their contact email on their official page and PMed Eric about this problem)


If anything indicates the lackustre support we're getting this is it.  Seems Arne was tipped at Neogaf, and it took him reporting back to ND to fix this.  Really?  is this actually the pipeline for the game's issues?

Can someone explain to me, again, why we moved back here?

 

OK, so they're working on the patch.  Has it not been established, beyond doubt, that this forum will be the best, quickest source for the state of the of the game?  And this, especially, for a company whose employees seem to no longer play the game.

I looked up several known employees IDs on the stats page... some aren't listed as playing at all.  OK, so maybe they use alts, but really?



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 132 of 161 (431 Views)
First Son
Registered: 07/01/2012
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: getting map packs? (Eric from ND applied fix via live update)

Jul 24, 2012
I'm a bit confused the people that are saying dlc is working again have you downloaded all map packs because if so that sucks I only have DDMP And still today haven't seen any new maps hopefully someone can give me some insight on this
Message 133 of 161 (370 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/08/2010
Offline
228 posts
 

Re: getting map packs? (Eric from ND applied fix via live update)

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

glitch_king16 wrote:
I'm a bit confused the people that are saying dlc is working again have you downloaded all map packs because if so that sucks I only have DDMP And still today haven't seen any new maps hopefully someone can give me some insight on this


It does appear to working correctly again.   To answer your question yes I have all three map packs installed.  I think what's going on for you is that because your only have the DDMP installed at the moment your are in the default map pool.  They explained there map weighting/rotation along these lines.   They rotate in the different map packs as having precedant to show up so we see a steady stream of all the maps.  Right now that particular map pack that has the push behind it is FBMP #2, so they are weighted to show up more often.

 

When they focus on the DDMP again, you should be switched from the default pool to the dlc pool in which case, you should see them pop up much more frequently. 

Message 134 of 161 (361 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/01/2012
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: getting map packs? (Eric from ND applied fix via live update)

Jul 24, 2012
Why don't they just all dlc in the dlc pool well no matter all my Friends have the dlc guess I might as well oh and thank you
Message 135 of 161 (351 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4821 posts
 

Re: getting map packs? (Eric from ND applied fix via live update)

Jul 24, 2012

I'm glad this is fixed but this should have never happened in the first place, it was awful without the DLCs.

tlousig2
Message 136 of 161 (355 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/01/2012
Offline
176 posts
 

Re: anyone else not getting dlc maps at all?

Jul 24, 2012
I still haven't played in any DLC.
It will be fixed soon.
----
Message 137 of 161 (339 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
594 posts
 

Re: anyone else not getting dlc maps at all?

Jul 24, 2012

scootgar wrote:

lEvilDeadl wrote:

what's even more sad is I made a post saying the exact same thing NINE days ago on this forum:

 

 

 http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/Temporary-fix-for-DLC-matchmaking-problem...

 

perhaps the ND staff should spend a little more time reading their own official forums.  (also emailed NDI directly via their contact email on their official page and PMed Eric about this problem)


If anything indicates the lackustre support we're getting this is it.  Seems Arne was tipped at Neogaf, and it took him reporting back to ND to fix this.  Really?  is this actually the pipeline for the game's issues?

Can someone explain to me, again, why we moved back here?

 

OK, so they're working on the patch.  Has it not been established, beyond doubt, that this forum will be the best, quickest source for the state of the of the game?  And this, especially, for a company whose employees seem to no longer play the game.

I looked up several known employees IDs on the stats page... some aren't listed as playing at all.  OK, so maybe they use alts, but really?


It's not a matter of where you post but more about critical mass. Given the situation we didn't circle around to investigating the issue fast enough. That's on us. Not all issues are commonplace and for an issue like this one we need to make sure it's a consistent issue among all of the player base or if is just an isolated incident for a region or a person. There's not a surefire way to determine what's happening until enough people report there's an issue with the maps. Nor is there a quick fix for an issue like this. We had to test to find a good fix for this internally before we could deploy it. 

 

As for playing U3 most of us don't use our personal PSN IDs for work. Also we have the ability to reset stats if need be here and we've all had to reset some of our accounts just to test different functions of MP from time to time. 

 

We're working on the patch actively but also a bulk of the work we've done on the patch happens ahead of when we can talk about it. That's why the chatter picks up around the time a patch is ready to be released. We can come up for air, we have verified that the stuff in the patch works (or we're in the process of verifying it) and we can tell you what's coming without having to backtrack or apologize if something that wasn't fully vetted didn't make it into the patch (or into a live update).

 

All said patch 1.13 is a juggernaut. We're just finishing up the patch notes video for it and it's bordering on five or six minutes. And there's another video to explain the new system we're implementing on top of that. So get ready for awesome new stuff.  

Message 138 of 161 (320 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: anyone else not getting dlc maps at all?

Jul 24, 2012

Did you imagine back in November that you guys would need to work on 13+ patches to fix your game? I mean really, that must be annoying as hell.  Move back your release date for UC4, I dont wanna wait a year for a game that should have been available on day 1.

 

Thanks for talking to us though. Lord knows Arne never does!

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 139 of 161 (301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/25/2011
Offline
174 posts
 

Re: anyone else not getting dlc maps at all?

Jul 24, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

scootgar wrote:

lEvilDeadl wrote:

what's even more sad is I made a post saying the exact same thing NINE days ago on this forum:

 

 

 http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Multiplayer-General/Temporary-fix-for-DLC-matchmaking-problem...

 

perhaps the ND staff should spend a little more time reading their own official forums.  (also emailed NDI directly via their contact email on their official page and PMed Eric about this problem)


If anything indicates the lackustre support we're getting this is it.  Seems Arne was tipped at Neogaf, and it took him reporting back to ND to fix this.  Really?  Is this actually the pipeline for the game's issues?

Can someone explain to me, again, why we moved back here?

 

OK, so they're working on the patch.  Has it not been established, beyond doubt, that this forum will be the best, quickest source for the state of the of the game?  And this, especially, for a company whose employees seem to no longer play the game.

I looked up several known employees IDs on the stats page... some aren't listed as playing at all.  OK, so maybe they use alts, but really?


It's not a matter of where you post but more about critical mass. Given the situation we didn't circle around to investigating the issue fast enough. That's on us. Not all issues are commonplace and for an issue like this one we need to make sure it's a consistent issue among all of the player base or if is just an isolated incident for a region or a person. There's not a surefire way to determine what's happening until enough people report there's an issue with the maps. Nor is there a quick fix for an issue like this. We had to test to find a good fix for this internally before we could deploy it. 

 

As for playing U3 most of us don't use our personal PSN IDs for work. Also we have the ability to reset stats if need be here and we've all had to reset some of our accounts just to test different functions of MP from time to time. 

 

We're working on the patch actively but also a bulk of the work we've done on the patch happens ahead of when we can talk about it. That's why the chatter picks up around the time a patch is ready to be released. We can come up for air, we have verified that the stuff in the patch works (or we're in the process of verifying it) and we can tell you what's coming without having to backtrack or apologize if something that wasn't fully vetted didn't make it into the patch (or into a live update).

 

All said patch 1.13 is a juggernaut. We're just finishing up the patch notes video for it and it's bordering on five or six minutes. And there's another video to explain the new system we're implementing on top of that. So get ready for awesome new stuff.  


Last time I heard that..Ended up in disappointment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 140 of 161 (300 Views)
Reply
0 Likes