Reply
Highlighted
Survivor
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
2046 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

inigomontoya74 wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

I've been playing today by myself. most of the time surrounded by complete noobs sometimes another decent player on my team. inevitably that one other decent player has a power weapon in their hands the whole match.. Why would you do that against noobs. Let them have the powerweapons. odds are you're going to kill them before they can figure out how to use it anyway.. Right? 

 

If you're in a party make a pact to play with harder to use guns. give them a sporting chance or they're going to leave. (unless of course you're so terrible that you can't kill them any other way)  I am not the best player in the world and I can outshoot them with a pistol.. quickly. 

 

Don't be the jerk. Smiley Happy 

 


 

I completely disagree. 

 

The whole objective of playing pubs is to win and catering or even helping the opposing team during a match makes absolutely no sense. If complete noobs get stomped by a party or complete randoms that are decent, its completely fair. The "decent" player that you were matched with just saw an opportunity to rack a lot of kills by spamming Pw's and owning noobs. Is he a jerk for doing that? No. Of course it would be frustrating or annoying for the noobs but its apart of the game, and these kinds of matches happens every other game, they just have to adapt to it. It's apart of the learning curve and if they choose to leave the match then they would never learn how to adjust their playing style to those situations. 

 

The better choice is to give noobs tips via messages AFTER the game. I sometimes turn dlc off, own the noobs completely, then message them after the match to tell them what they did wrong and I tell them which boosters can be extremely helpful. Im not going to help the opposing team in any way during a match but I certainly help them after the match has finished.

 

It has nothing to do with being a "jerk" its just decent players capitalizing on situations that are completely fair. 


But don't you find winning in a rout to be really boring? Wouldn't you rather have a challenge? The OP isn't advocating for throwing the match. Just for leveling the playing field a bit.   

 

You said in an earlier post in this thread "no mercy for noobs". But it's not simply about doing them a favor. It's about making the match more fun for yourself. Wouldn't playing a match where you handicap yourself a bit against significantly inferior competition be more fun for you than mowing down a bunch of noobs like so many blades of grass?    


How is winning boring in anyway? I can't dictate when I experience any challenge from the opposing team. Why would I "handicap" my skills in a game like U3 which already has boosters and modifications that do the handicapping for them? Your right the OP is not advocating in throwing the match for the other team but helping the competition is not going to make them better in any way or make the match more enjoyable. Heloing the opposing team IS doing them a favor. 

If the team I encounter are good or decent then I expect to have a fun and challenging match. If their complete noobs expect me to beat them like any other skill level I encounter. 

 

Giving tips and tricks via messages----> This helps them get better and they would hopefully adjust their playstyles that avoids verterans abusing Pw's or completely destroying them.

 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 51 of 108 (375 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2886 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 2, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

I've been playing today by myself. most of the time surrounded by complete noobs sometimes another decent player on my team. inevitably that one other decent player has a power weapon in their hands the whole match.. Why would you do that against noobs. Let them have the powerweapons. odds are you're going to kill them before they can figure out how to use it anyway.. Right? 

 

If you're in a party make a pact to play with harder to use guns. give them a sporting chance or they're going to leave. (unless of course you're so terrible that you can't kill them any other way)  I am not the best player in the world and I can outshoot them with a pistol.. quickly. 

 

Don't be the jerk. Smiley Happy 

 


agreed, but most people do think their kill/death-ratio is more important than being a nice guy...

I remember back in Uncharted 2 that me and friends were going to play team deathmatch or elimination, and if we played against low levels we played with the fists only, so only stealthkills, pulldowns/kickoffs or just punch twice (luckily there wasn't the whack-'n-roll exploit in Uncharted 2), it was so funny to do that! Smiley Happy

 

I love joking around anyway with a full party, look for instance at this video in Uncharted 3, we were hiding with the whole team in the airstrip, we managed 20 minutes long not to be found, I couldn't upload everything, but here is the most funny part of that match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNPKcLYp3W8

 

Hielke6991 asked someone to upload the whole video in fast forward but I can't find it, maybe if he reads it he can post it, it is so funny, I think more than 5 people got kicked for teamkilling, more than 10 people left the game themselves and the rest was just running around shooting each other, while my team was just taunting in a corner for 20 minutes xD

Message 52 of 108 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/01/2010
Offline
3544 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

 


 

 

I love joking around anyway with a full party, look for instance at this video in Uncharted 3, we were hiding with the whole team in the airstrip, we managed 20 minutes long not to be found, I couldn't upload everything, but here is the most funny part of that match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNPKcLYp3W8

 

Hielke6991 asked someone to upload the whole video in fast forward but I can't find it, maybe if he reads it he can post it, it is so funny, I think more than 5 people got kicked for teamkilling, more than 10 people left the game themselves and the rest was just running around shooting each other, while my team was just taunting in a corner for 20 minutes xD


Personally I would find this really boring, but if you had fun with it, god for you.
Do you feel me?

Message 53 of 108 (343 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/17/2012
Offline
832 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

The whole new lot of F2P people yes?

I have faced a lot recently actually, and I rarely picked up said power weapon, (btw that lab dodgeball made me throw grenades back so easy now.. off topic but lol.)

Anywho, I don't cater to the enemy team and power weapons can factor into the tide of a battle.. that or just Power Plays (if you're playing TDM) 

I hope some of them will stick around and buy the full game and then they'll get better, hopefully. Smiley Tongue


PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 54 of 108 (340 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/01/2010
Offline
2471 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

I've been playing today by myself. most of the time surrounded by complete noobs sometimes another decent player on my team. inevitably that one other decent player has a power weapon in their hands the whole match.. Why would you do that against noobs. Let them have the powerweapons. odds are you're going to kill them before they can figure out how to use it anyway.. Right? 

 

If you're in a party make a pact to play with harder to use guns. give them a sporting chance or they're going to leave. (unless of course you're so terrible that you can't kill them any other way)  I am not the best player in the world and I can outshoot them with a pistol.. quickly. 

 

Don't be the jerk. Smiley Happy 

 


agreed, but most people do think their kill/death-ratio is more important than being a nice guy...

I remember back in Uncharted 2 that me and friends were going to play team deathmatch or elimination, and if we played against low levels we played with the fists only, so only stealthkills, pulldowns/kickoffs or just punch twice (luckily there wasn't the whack-'n-roll exploit in Uncharted 2), it was so funny to do that! Smiley Happy

 

I love joking around anyway with a full party, look for instance at this video in Uncharted 3, we were hiding with the whole team in the airstrip, we managed 20 minutes long not to be found, I couldn't upload everything, but here is the most funny part of that match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNPKcLYp3W8

 

Hielke6991 asked someone to upload the whole video in fast forward but I can't find it, maybe if he reads it he can post it, it is so funny, I think more than 5 people got kicked for teamkilling, more than 10 people left the game themselves and the rest was just running around shooting each other, while my team was just taunting in a corner for 20 minutes xD


prefaced with (not pointed at the person quoted in above post)

 

What I think people aren't getting is that the power weapons against these guys is just unneccesary. Even the double damage isn't much of a threat when in the hands of these guys.  If you use a rocket or you use your pistol, they aren't going to kill you and you are going to kill them. You DON"T NEED POWERWEAPONS to own these guys and they DON"T KNOW HOW TO USE THEM AGAINST YOU.. But killing th em over and over with powerweapons is insulting to them. They are far less likely to stick around if they can't even spawn then if you're killing them with a regular gun or pistol. If you have to try hard against this lot you AREN"T A GOOD Player.. If someone like me can BOOST their KDR INSANELY not using power weapons than many of you should be able to do even better than that.  

 

What many people in this thread seem to be admitting is that they suck and can't play the game without significant try hard help against these terrible noobs. LOL. Read what you're saying people.. 





ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 55 of 108 (330 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 2, 2013

The problem is that ND does not promote dignity and honour.

That makes sense though, since ND is as greedy and selfish as their tryhard fans... ND wants money (more zeros in their bank account) and tryhards want more kills and less deaths (better numbers in the leaderboards/stat card).

The humanity as a whole will never stop worshipping numbers...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 56 of 108 (312 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/17/2012
Offline
832 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 2, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

The problem is that ND does not promote dignity and honour.

That makes sense though, since ND is as greedy and selfish as their tryhard fans... ND wants money (more zeros in their bank account) and tryhards want more kills and less deaths (better numbers in the leaderboards/stat card).

The humanity as a whole will never stop worshipping numbers...


Numbers are apparently everything to those people. Smiley Indifferent


PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 57 of 108 (292 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/01/2010
Offline
2471 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 2, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

The problem is that ND does not promote dignity and honour.

That makes sense though, since ND is as greedy and selfish as their tryhard fans... ND wants money (more zeros in their bank account) and tryhards want more kills and less deaths (better numbers in the leaderboards/stat card).

The humanity as a whole will never stop worshipping numbers...


I think Fathers must have stopped teaching sportsmanship to their sons at some point. Because the poor sports are overwhelming. Not sure how you can take satisfaction from having stats you don't deserve. I am beginning to think I am a better player than I give myself credit for. 





ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 58 of 108 (282 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
6261 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

Mar 2, 2013

thefiresidecat wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

The problem is that ND does not promote dignity and honour.

That makes sense though, since ND is as greedy and selfish as their tryhard fans... ND wants money (more zeros in their bank account) and tryhards want more kills and less deaths (better numbers in the leaderboards/stat card).

The humanity as a whole will never stop worshipping numbers...


I think Fathers must have stopped teaching sportsmanship to their sons at some point. Because the poor sports are overwhelming. Not sure how you can take satisfaction from having stats you don't deserve. I am beginning to think I am a better player than I give myself credit for. 


Which is why I usually prefer people who don't have extravagant stats because it means they aren't obsessed and just want to have fun. They're also usually much better people.

 

It's not really a rule but I'd say in U3, more often than not, K/D is inversely proportional to your character.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 59 of 108 (273 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 03/17/2012
Offline
832 posts
 

Re: don't be *that* guy

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

thefiresidecat wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

The problem is that ND does not promote dignity and honour.

That makes sense though, since ND is as greedy and selfish as their tryhard fans... ND wants money (more zeros in their bank account) and tryhards want more kills and less deaths (better numbers in the leaderboards/stat card).

The humanity as a whole will never stop worshipping numbers...


I think Fathers must have stopped teaching sportsmanship to their sons at some point. Because the poor sports are overwhelming. Not sure how you can take satisfaction from having stats you don't deserve. I am beginning to think I am a better player than I give myself credit for. 


Which is why I usually prefer people who don't have extravagant stats because it means they aren't obsessed and just want to have fun. They're also usually much better people.

 

It's not really a rule but I'd say in U3, more often than not, K/D is inversely proportional to your character.


I do good, I play to have fun. If I do bad, that's on me. [unless if it was really laggy] I don't have the most amazing K/D in the world and I don't care, to me I just want all the fun in the game and with my friends.

The whole K/D worshippers just care about their numbers and will screw over teammates just to get a kill.. its sad really. Not to mention I've been killed over a power weapon by teammates as well. Smiley Indifferent


PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 60 of 108 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes