Nov 02 2011
By: sjoerd666 First Son 2 posts

cutscenes freeze, audio skips and some other issues *spoiler alert*

22 replies 7759 views Edited Nov 2, 2011

Played through the game on normal and now halfway on hard but i'm having some problems...

- Almost every cutscene freezes and audio skips.

- During gameplay audio freezes.

- Found treasure message on the right of the screen sometimes shows up really late(1-2 minutes)

spoiler alert!:

- When climbing out of the well halfway chapter six the enemies sometimes didn't load at all, resulting in an empty area with nothing to do and no way to get out. Restarting checkpoint was the only option.

- During the chase scene on foot at the end of chapter 11 the world doesn't load properly sometimes, resulting in drake jumping into the endless void and dying...

Could this be my ps3 having problems loading??? I have an old model 40GB ps3 upgraded to 320GB and about 100GB free space.

Message 1 of 23 (7,759 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Hello

Nov 2, 2011

Sorry to hear about this problem.

Unfortunatley, there are a number of factors when using an non-standard HDD that can cause issues with streaming.

Message 2 of 23 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Why is that? The PS3 manual has instructions on how to re...

Nov 2, 2011

zod5000 wrote:

Unfortunatley, there are a number of factors when using an non-standard HDD that can cause issues with streaming.

Why is that? The PS3 manual has instructions on how to replace the HDD and that process doesn't even void the warranty.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 23 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

for a couple of reasons

Nov 2, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

zod5000 wrote:

Why is that? The PS3 manual has instructions on how to replace the HDD and that process doesn't even void the warranty.

Correct, it doesn't void your warranty, but it also isn't something we can test for. Imagine all the possible HDDs that you can use, from a variety of manufacturers with a huge range of quality. Some HDDs are definitely better than others when it comes to performance and size and with those kind of variables, we cannot reliably test for them.

Message 4 of 23 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

I had same issues last night. i have a 80gb ps3 slim.

Nov 2, 2011

I had same issues last night. i have a 80gb ps3 slim.

Message 5 of 23 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

I am having the same issues.  I have an 80GB phat PS3.  T...

Nov 2, 2011

I am having the same issues.  I have a *stock* 80GB phat PS3.  The one that can play PS2 games.

Were old systems not tested for?  :\  Were they determined not worth the effort?

I've only experienced the music dropping during gameplay a couple of times, but now (around Chapter 12/13) it's doing it all the time, levels are not completely loading, and the cutscenes are skipping/slowing down a lot.  Restarted my PS3 and still experienced the issue, and this was after only playing for maybe a half hour or so, in a cool environment.

I am leaving it off for an extended period of time and hoping it does not continue to happen.

Message 6 of 23 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Im having the same issues on the new 160gb slim ps3 that...

Nov 3, 2011

Im having the same issues on the new 160gb slim ps3 that i bought yesterday.

Message 7 of 23 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Unsatisfied

Nov 3, 2011

This is a real disappointment. If this REALLY is a case of 'you installed your own hdd, it's your own problem to deal with', then this is really unacceptable. I may still have my 120GB HDD that originally came with my Ps3 slim, but I now have too many downloaded games to FIT on that HDD. PLEASE fix this Naughty Dog, I am SUCH a big fan of the Uncharted series, and I WANT to enjoy this game- but if you are telling me to delete half of my downloaded games and endure the arduous process of replacing my HDD which I bought SPECIFICALLY for my Ps3, I will no longer be able to enjoy it.

Message 8 of 23 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

IDEM

Nov 3, 2011
I'm having the same issue, i have a PS3 SLIM 8 month old with 63 (included uncharted and uncharted 2) and it's the first time that i have as much problem with a game...
Message 9 of 23 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Hello

Nov 3, 2011

Hi Zod5000,

Thx for your reply! Looks like people with standard HDD's are also having some problems? I'm currently in the process of cleaning up my HDD, having 70+ games installed is maybe a bit to much of a good thing...Can a complete format and re-install of the ps3 firmware fix this maybe?

Also thx to all the others responding as well :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 23 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes