Fender Bender
4346 posts

Re: clarification on G-MAL aim assist change on patch 1.13

Aug 9, 2012

EvangM wrote:

The aim assist was tweaked for less "stickiness" in close to medium range. This applies to both L1 and scoped-in (L3/R3) mode. This change also applies to the FAL.

Sorry that this was not communicated clearly in the blog updates about Patch 1.13, we dropped the ball guys and gals. Our bad.

-EvangM

Thats odd because I felt the FAL-SS AA is still as sticky as ever. It might have been slightly reduce but I still feel it has bar none the most AA out of all the long guns currently availible to use in your loadouts. Kinda like I feel that 10% blind-fire reduction has done almost nothing to the M9 and how effective it is at hip-fire. (I'm not talking just talking about rate of fire M9 hip-fire either.)

Message 41 of 43 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Since patch 1.13 I agree with the changes that were made to balance the game, which was adding recoil and decreasing AA. The major problem however is not these changes, but rather the abnormal reticule behavior of this gun. 

When you fire the gun the recoil pushes your gun up (Which is normal). But, this is were the problem begins, as the reticule does not return to the same point and remains in the spot where the recoil ended. To make matters worse  the recoil pushes the reticule up and to the right(why on earth I don't know). This makes the gun at both close range and long range a constant battle to bring it back on target, while having to compensate for the reticule pulling to the right or left.

At distance the problem becomes more pronounced, as it is jumping all over the place after the recoil making it very difficult to control. 

Please be aware gmal haters that I am happy with the added recoil and AA reduction but the reticule issue needs to be fixed. While I do not like to go down this route, it seems the only way to have ND respond is to start a crusade for them to address this problem.

All the players who love gmal please bump and keep this thread alive.

Evan please can you respond. 

Message 42 of 43 (141 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Aug 9, 2012

i wish i had a magic OFF! button that i could hit with a hammer!

ROF  OFF!

TRYHARDS  OFF!

My Chain Smoking Neighbour  OFF!

Politicians  OFF!

Local Fake Panhandler (secretly rich with gold teeth)  OFF!

Message 43 of 43 (128 Views)
0 Likes