Apr 18 2011
By: SKULL2500 Monster Hunter 33 posts

are they killing the pick up system??????

16 replies 211 views Edited Apr 18, 2011

i really dont want uc3 copying cod that much

Message 1 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

It seems like they are - at least for weapons.  The verdi...

Apr 18, 2011

It seems like they are - at least for weapons.  The verdict is still out on "ammo" though.  You can taunt people for ammo with a booster, but hopefully there are also pick-up regions for people who don't equip that booster.

Message 2 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3919 posts

Seems like it. And that may just be the suckiest thing so...

Apr 18, 2011

Seems like it. And that may just be the suckiest thing so far announced......though there's a lot of competition.
Message 3 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

There's no evidence (or rather, not enough evidence) that...

Apr 18, 2011

There's no evidence (or rather, not enough evidence) that suggests they are axing weapon pick-ups completely. I cannot stress enough how important this aspect is in the Single Player and they WANT TO capture the Single Player experience in Multiplayer, right? Well, that's one of the Single Player's aspects that NEEDS to be in MP. If it's not in the normal Deathmatch playlist they can make a new playlist (which again Justin Richmond of NaughtyDog said in an interview video that they want to be more serious about adding playlists this time around) that adds weapon pick-ups and removes the weapon loadout system. Or hell, go with a Classic playlist that removes boosters, kickbacks, treasure chests, and brings in weapon pick-ups making you start off with the Pistol and AK-47 like in U2.

I see no reason whatsoever to be worried about this aspect of the MP. It's one of the things nobody complained about in U2... but then again we complained about SA to death and it still managed its way back into the game. :smileyindifferent:

Photobucket
Message 4 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

They're not getting rid of it completely, but it seems li...

Apr 18, 2011
They're not getting rid of it completely, but it seems like it won't play a major role in the core gameplay anymore.
Message 5 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

im ok with this formula IF: - you still can pick up weapo...

Apr 18, 2011

im ok with this formula IF:

- you still can pick up weapon

- everybody can choose from the SAME group of weapons to start the match

Message 6 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Pick-up weapons was one of the staples of UC2 multiplayer...

Apr 18, 2011

Pick-up weapons was one of the staples of UC2 multiplayer for me.  I loved how that was how the game was played, not with class loadouts like Call of Duty.

It's another disappointment that the Naughty Dog crew is leaning toward that.

Message 7 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Power Weapons will still be pick up only, i hope...

Apr 18, 2011

Power Weapons will still be pick up only, i hope...

Message 8 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
684 posts

i do not think they are axing it completely. if you notic...

Apr 18, 2011

i do not think they are axing it completely. if you notice, one of the boosters (Power Hunter - See the location of Power Weapons within 10 meters (Required Rank: 7)) allows you see the power weapons, meaning i think they power weapons will spawn randomly around the map instead of just one place. which will be great cause that means you cannot camp the power weapons anymore.

as for normal weapons, i think you will be able to start off with you customized assault rifle and pistol of choice then there will be ammo pickups around the map for different weapons, maybe something like killzone 3's ammo crates or just normal weapons laying around, im not really sure

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Message 9 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

I'm convinced now that they haven't been removed. Kotaku...

Apr 18, 2011

I'm convinced now that they haven't been removed. Kotaku stated very clearly that you can still pick-up weapons scattered across the map.

"(Yes, you can still pick up weapons dropped by foes or nestled in certain spots on maps, but you may want to pick up better modded guns for a tactical advantage.)"

http://ca.kotaku.com/5792872/hands-on-with-uncharted-3s-three-team-deathmatch-and-free-for-all-killf... (scroll down to just before the Booster and Kickback list, you'll see it right there what I quoted).

So, it's definitely still there which I am absolutely thankful for.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 17 (211 Views)
0 Likes