Sackboy
560 posts

Re: Your Thoughts on Mesh Map 3?

Oct 10, 2012

jjjkur wrote:

What do you guys think of mesh map 3? I haven't got a chance to play it, and I might to get to this weekend, so is it any good? I hear its long range, but how'll an AK do? And does it have climbing? I really want to know how it stacks up to the other 2 maps. 

It was awesome! How'd you like it, jjj? Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 20 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Thoughts? FAL beats all here (arguably the Dragon as well).

Message 12 of 20 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14265 posts

Oct 10, 2012

I'm posting this because the devs can possibly see it, as I imagine they would be interested in how the map is being played.

I enjoy the map. Even if I'm doing badly it doesn't matter because you can just explore the hell out of it while sucking at the game.

It's not fun while dominated by a party, much like every other mode though. Unless you are the one in the party.

Overall it's a great map unlike number 2 which was extremely poor and lacked any real variety in gameplay terms.

It has one problem which I encountered. I stood in a corner by the yellow spawn area. I sat there and spawnkilled for an entire match. I'm not going to stop it. Feel free to fix it though, but the way I see it I'd be stupid not to take advantages that are being allowed, cheap or not, I don't have a lot morality when it comes to doing what it takes to win a game.

It also has a glitch I was told about which I've managed to get into, jumping across the blue area near the yellow base you can slip through a wall. I did this and, no I didn't kill anyone, I killed myself. I will stick to the rules doing whatever it takes, winning unfairly when the other team is playing properly isn't right. I said I don't have a lot of morality, I have some.

That's about all the issues though, they are not put downs, it's a well designed map for varied gunplay unlike map 2 which was KAL 7 all the way and badly designed, that is a put down, take it whichever way you want, I'm not going to sugar coat things.

Great job on this map though!

Message 13 of 20 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 11, 2012
If the FAL is good here, than that's perfect. I'm so used to putting that I'm an AK user, and I haven't played this game for a little while, so I forgot I prefer the FAL now lol.

Message 14 of 20 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 11, 2012
I think I'll use my lower level alt for this. It's nearer to getting level 50 and unlocking the FAL.

Well, Talbot's. First gun I unlocked. I wanted Eddy's AK, but noooo, screw your needs.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 15 of 20 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7079 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Just in time for me to lvl scoped in lol.

But like the other 2 mesh maps... the spawns are completely terrible! Spawning me in front of an enemies gun, and giving me free stealth kills by making enemies appear in front of me. I don't know if this has something to do with them being completely customizable custom maps, but they really should look into the spawns more for all these mesh maps.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 16 of 20 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Message 17 of 20 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Oct 11, 2012

My enjoyment on Day 2 has hampered a bit.

Reason 1: The spawns, especially when it's right in the sights of the guy with the Pak-80.
Reason 2: Legacy 4s and 5s plus Stars with Gold ROF M9s

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 18 of 20 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Oct 11, 2012

I had 2 really good games on it so i should like it right? Well thats not really the case. After the two games i played on it i left thelab game mode all together. For some reason i prefer mesh map 2's close combat. I do like the design for this mesh map though and i would rank it over mesh map 1. I dunno...its weird feeling. I'll give it another go later.

Real Eyes-Realize-Real Lies
Message 19 of 20 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Oct 11, 2012

My thoughts on the new block map...

PERFECT!!!!!
I have has plans in my head on the off-chance they come out with a level-editor.  THIS IS ALMOST AN EXACT REPRESENTATION OF THE MAP IN MY HEAD.

K?

Message 20 of 20 (101 Views)
0 Likes