Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Offline
1821 posts
 

Re: Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

Feb 25, 2013

@ Izuna In terms of power weapon spawns, player spawns and camp spots Facility is well balanced.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 38 (123 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5843 posts
 

Re: Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

Feb 25, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

far-zan wrote:

I just want City of Brass, most balanced non-DLC map.

 

Facility Campers on the Tbolt are ridiculously easy to flush out one grenade, hammer, RPG, basically any explosive works.

 

The Yemen towers are ridiculously easy to camp as well I've gotten so many furies up there it isn't even funny. 

 

The only time I have DLC off is when the DD Map pack is weighted because those maps are terrible:smileyindifferent:. So I don't even care about this for too long. 


Yemen towers are pretty dumb to camp in. They are good for a good 1-2 kills in sniping, but any competent player can easily flush a sniper out of there in an instant. (I personally got 4 hail marys on the same guy who kept going up there in 1 match) As well as anyone with cloaked/MM can go up there and take out the sniper as well with ease.

 

As for city of brass, the plunder spawns each favour 1 side with only the 3rd spawn being fair. The TO hills/turfs are unbalanced as well. As well as the climbing mechanic not being smooth enough and clunky at best which brings up unneeded suicides quite often by many players.


Any competent player would see the grenade coming. I've stayed in towers and watched them throw them all match many times, you can also hear the climbing up the towers so... just kick them off or face slam them. Only grenades that can flush me out are laggy grenades.


Good luck hearing a cloaked 3 user... As well as seeing a grenade coming while you are sniping. As well as getting counter sniped from several different angles, a tower sniper may have a clear shot at most of the map, but so does most of the map on the tower. Both towers can be seen from several different buildings, the other tower, and from many areas on the ground, I highly doubt you can be aware of:

 

the building across from you

the other tower

the building/ledge next to you

the area behind the tower

and the lower central area

as well as avoiding grenades

AND paying attention to the ladders making sure nobody climbs up

 

ALL at the same time. As well as it being easy to bank nades up there so you obviously can't throw the nade back so you either have to get out the way or abandon the tower.

 

I'm saying the tower is a great vantage point, but it comes with a cost of sticking out like a sore thumb, which is a balanced part of the map, just like the rest of the map being pretty balanced and being one of the more fairer maps in the game.

 

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 38 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13329 posts
 

Re: Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

Feb 25, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

far-zan wrote:

I just want City of Brass, most balanced non-DLC map.

 

Facility Campers on the Tbolt are ridiculously easy to flush out one grenade, hammer, RPG, basically any explosive works.

 

The Yemen towers are ridiculously easy to camp as well I've gotten so many furies up there it isn't even funny. 

 

The only time I have DLC off is when the DD Map pack is weighted because those maps are terrible:smileyindifferent:. So I don't even care about this for too long. 


Yemen towers are pretty dumb to camp in. They are good for a good 1-2 kills in sniping, but any competent player can easily flush a sniper out of there in an instant. (I personally got 4 hail marys on the same guy who kept going up there in 1 match) As well as anyone with cloaked/MM can go up there and take out the sniper as well with ease.

 

As for city of brass, the plunder spawns each favour 1 side with only the 3rd spawn being fair. The TO hills/turfs are unbalanced as well. As well as the climbing mechanic not being smooth enough and clunky at best which brings up unneeded suicides quite often by many players.


Any competent player would see the grenade coming. I've stayed in towers and watched them throw them all match many times, you can also hear the climbing up the towers so... just kick them off or face slam them. Only grenades that can flush me out are laggy grenades.


Good luck hearing a cloaked 3 user... As well as seeing a grenade coming while you are sniping. As well as getting counter sniped from several different angles, a tower sniper may have a clear shot at most of the map, but so does most of the map on the tower. Both towers can be seen from several different buildings, the other tower, and from many areas on the ground, I highly doubt you can be aware of:

 

the building across from you

the other tower

the building/ledge next to you

the area behind the tower

and the lower central area

as well as avoiding grenades

AND paying attention to the ladders making sure nobody climbs up

 

ALL at the same time. As well as it being easy to bank nades up there so you obviously can't throw the nade back so you either have to get out the way or abandon the tower.

 

I'm saying the tower is a great vantage point, but it comes with a cost of sticking out like a sore thumb, which is a balanced part of the map, just like the rest of the map being pretty balanced and being one of the more fairer maps in the game.

 


No one uses cloaked that I've seen. It's all Fleet Foot and Weapon Expert in my matches.

 

Whenever I see a nade i either go around to the other side or jump over the tower wall and hang there until it explodes.

 

You have an overview of the entire map from the villains tower obviously not the underground areas but a nade isn't coming from there. from the heroes tower though.. that one isn't easy to camp.

 



Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 38 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

Feb 25, 2013

Yemen is the only map I use a M9 on and for good reason.. I guess it can be considered a noob friendly map (due to BF and PW's) but it gives me easy spawn kills so I don't care.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 38 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/25/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

Feb 25, 2013

I'll always pick Facility :smileywink: such a great map.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 38 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/30/2011
Offline
1429 posts
 

Re: Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

Feb 25, 2013
FAC YOU people never choosing highrise that map is awsome and nobody picks it..
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 38 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5843 posts
 

Re: Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

Feb 25, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

far-zan wrote:

I just want City of Brass, most balanced non-DLC map.

 

Facility Campers on the Tbolt are ridiculously easy to flush out one grenade, hammer, RPG, basically any explosive works.

 

The Yemen towers are ridiculously easy to camp as well I've gotten so many furies up there it isn't even funny. 

 

The only time I have DLC off is when the DD Map pack is weighted because those maps are terrible:smileyindifferent:. So I don't even care about this for too long. 


Yemen towers are pretty dumb to camp in. They are good for a good 1-2 kills in sniping, but any competent player can easily flush a sniper out of there in an instant. (I personally got 4 hail marys on the same guy who kept going up there in 1 match) As well as anyone with cloaked/MM can go up there and take out the sniper as well with ease.

 

As for city of brass, the plunder spawns each favour 1 side with only the 3rd spawn being fair. The TO hills/turfs are unbalanced as well. As well as the climbing mechanic not being smooth enough and clunky at best which brings up unneeded suicides quite often by many players.


Any competent player would see the grenade coming. I've stayed in towers and watched them throw them all match many times, you can also hear the climbing up the towers so... just kick them off or face slam them. Only grenades that can flush me out are laggy grenades.


Good luck hearing a cloaked 3 user... As well as seeing a grenade coming while you are sniping. As well as getting counter sniped from several different angles, a tower sniper may have a clear shot at most of the map, but so does most of the map on the tower. Both towers can be seen from several different buildings, the other tower, and from many areas on the ground, I highly doubt you can be aware of:

 

the building across from you

the other tower

the building/ledge next to you

the area behind the tower

and the lower central area

as well as avoiding grenades

AND paying attention to the ladders making sure nobody climbs up

 

ALL at the same time. As well as it being easy to bank nades up there so you obviously can't throw the nade back so you either have to get out the way or abandon the tower.

 

I'm saying the tower is a great vantage point, but it comes with a cost of sticking out like a sore thumb, which is a balanced part of the map, just like the rest of the map being pretty balanced and being one of the more fairer maps in the game.

 


No one uses cloaked that I've seen. It's all Fleet Foot and Weapon Expert in my matches.

 

Whenever I see a nade i either go around to the other side or jump over the tower wall and hang there until it explodes.

 

You have an overview of the entire map from the villains tower obviously not the underground areas but a nade isn't coming from there. from the heroes tower though.. that one isn't easy to camp.

 


Then one can easily shoot you while hanging, or take you out on the other side. I'm not saying YOU can get shot out the tower. I'm not taking a person's skill into account talking about map balance... from what I've seen, many people are easily able to take out a tower sniper by sniping from a better spot, nading, or stealth/pulling down. That's why that any smart player can take out, or at least disrupt a tower sniper easily and constantly since there are so many ways to do so that someone with common sense would not go back to that spot since they will keep being pestered/killed.

 

That goes for any sniper in general really... since a good sniper will circle between several sniping spots, and since a smart person will go directly to the spot where the enemy sniped him from, the sniper either has to keep guard up constantly or rotate spots. The 2 towers in Yemen being obvious spots that more skilled players snipe from the balconies or buildings instead since its more unexpected, more shielded, and harder to stick out, yet still balanced since they run the risk of getting into a CQC battle and snipers usally don't win those.

 

Maybe you played a batch a noobs, I do a lot, and they have no idea what to do in any situation really... I personally have a cloaked loadout and use it for those instances, as do a good sum of my friends

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 38 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13329 posts
 

Re: Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

Feb 25, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

far-zan wrote:

I just want City of Brass, most balanced non-DLC map.

 

Facility Campers on the Tbolt are ridiculously easy to flush out one grenade, hammer, RPG, basically any explosive works.

 

The Yemen towers are ridiculously easy to camp as well I've gotten so many furies up there it isn't even funny. 

 

The only time I have DLC off is when the DD Map pack is weighted because those maps are terrible:smileyindifferent:. So I don't even care about this for too long. 


Yemen towers are pretty dumb to camp in. They are good for a good 1-2 kills in sniping, but any competent player can easily flush a sniper out of there in an instant. (I personally got 4 hail marys on the same guy who kept going up there in 1 match) As well as anyone with cloaked/MM can go up there and take out the sniper as well with ease.

 

As for city of brass, the plunder spawns each favour 1 side with only the 3rd spawn being fair. The TO hills/turfs are unbalanced as well. As well as the climbing mechanic not being smooth enough and clunky at best which brings up unneeded suicides quite often by many players.


Any competent player would see the grenade coming. I've stayed in towers and watched them throw them all match many times, you can also hear the climbing up the towers so... just kick them off or face slam them. Only grenades that can flush me out are laggy grenades.


Good luck hearing a cloaked 3 user... As well as seeing a grenade coming while you are sniping. As well as getting counter sniped from several different angles, a tower sniper may have a clear shot at most of the map, but so does most of the map on the tower. Both towers can be seen from several different buildings, the other tower, and from many areas on the ground, I highly doubt you can be aware of:

 

the building across from you

the other tower

the building/ledge next to you

the area behind the tower

and the lower central area

as well as avoiding grenades

AND paying attention to the ladders making sure nobody climbs up

 

ALL at the same time. As well as it being easy to bank nades up there so you obviously can't throw the nade back so you either have to get out the way or abandon the tower.

 

I'm saying the tower is a great vantage point, but it comes with a cost of sticking out like a sore thumb, which is a balanced part of the map, just like the rest of the map being pretty balanced and being one of the more fairer maps in the game.

 


No one uses cloaked that I've seen. It's all Fleet Foot and Weapon Expert in my matches.

 

Whenever I see a nade i either go around to the other side or jump over the tower wall and hang there until it explodes.

 

You have an overview of the entire map from the villains tower obviously not the underground areas but a nade isn't coming from there. from the heroes tower though.. that one isn't easy to camp.

 


Then one can easily shoot you while hanging, or take you out on the other side. I'm not saying YOU can get shot out the tower. I'm not taking a person's skill into account talking about map balance... from what I've seen, many people are easily able to take out a tower sniper by sniping from a better spot, nading, or stealth/pulling down. That's why that any smart player can take out, or at least disrupt a tower sniper easily and constantly since there are so many ways to do so that someone with common sense would not go back to that spot since they will keep being pestered/killed.

 

That goes for any sniper in general really... since a good sniper will circle between several sniping spots, and since a smart person will go directly to the spot where the enemy sniped him from, the sniper either has to keep guard up constantly or rotate spots. The 2 towers in Yemen being obvious spots that more skilled players snipe from the balconies or buildings instead since its more unexpected, more shielded, and harder to stick out, yet still balanced since they run the risk of getting into a CQC battle and snipers usally don't win those.

 

Maybe you played a batch a noobs, I do a lot, and they have no idea what to do in any situation really... I personally have a cloaked loadout and use it for those instances, as do a good sum of my friends


Nope. I only ever see 5th legacy 75 parties.

 

I actually have a cloaked loadout too, I use it for camping my face off :smileyhappy:

 

I actually just stay crouched in the tower and circulate it like mad, and snipe anyone whos camping the balcony areas. They equally don't expect to get sniped.

 

The kind of parties I run into. If they play camped I'll usually go near them in CQC and get quick sniped in my face for the effort.

 

I swear If I lead a party I am 100% guarenteed to get a party of 5 5th legacy players. I've seen n00bs, but it depends on the leader, I can't find n00bs because the connection based matchmaking doesn't work for me since no one plays the game near me I guess. So I'm automatcally level based.



Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 38 (63 Views)
Reply
0 Likes