Feb 23 2013
By: S1NGUL4R__ Splicer 53 posts

Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

37 replies 427 views Edited Feb 23, 2013

Why is Yemen always picked? As soon as it pops up on the voting screen *BAM* 6-1 votes towards it. Can someone tell me what is so good about it. Is it the amount of power weapons that you can get? Or the spawns are better than the other maps? I hate Yemen, because of the amount of campers that always go onto the towers both friendly AND enemies and stay there all game unless someone blows them up with a grenade. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not bad, I cannot be bothered to level up.

Message 1 of 38 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Re: Yemen Or Facility? Yemen is always picked...

Feb 23, 2013
Well I hate both of those maps. Yemen is being picked (on) and (off) DLC. I don't remember anyone complaining about map weights recently, so I don't know why they did this. I now hate Yemen.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 2 of 38 (422 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Yemen has showed up a lot more in the voting poll and it bothers me indeed. It did not show up often before which was good tbh. Yemen is such a pw based map and everyone either camp or stay in the close coners with a m9 ready to press R1. Sure the map is balanced, but way people play on it disgusts me, use flynn M9 with cloaked and monkey man and stay in close coners that is the recipe to success on that annoying map.
Message 3 of 38 (408 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6885 posts

Feb 23, 2013

because yemen is balanced. and it has something for all playstyles. You got the towers for the snipers, but they can't camp there to hard since a good nade will take em out. You got the 2 spots in the middle of the map for good 1v1 gunfights, and all the buildings for CQC encounters, as well as having multiple routes for good flanking/stealth styles.

Facility, it has that horrible camping area and is one of those maps where the majority of it is never ventured and 80% of the action occurs in one area.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 4 of 38 (407 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Facility is a blue nightmare of what the map used to be, in UC2 the top area was popular but in UC3 if you stick to the bottom levels, you will never find anyone.

Yemen however is amazing, lots of climbing, little blindfire, campers are easy to flush out, big but not too big.

I love the it, it's the best Uncharted 3 map made, hell, it's even better than some of the Uncharted 2 maps.

If you want to deal with people camping the towers, there's two easy ways, grenades (like most people do), or Cloaked+Monkey Man, and they'll never see you coming. Power Weapons are fine too, but you should pick one up if you see it, then the other team can't hoard them. Heroes do get the Mag first, but chances are it'll be some idiot who blindfires all 8 shots to get 1-2 kills.

If you like long range guns fights, the towers and any other upper areas are the best spots for kills. If you prefer mid-range, stick to spawn areas, the sides, and if you are on the alert for snipers, the middle area. If you enjoy stealth, there's many dark areas that can give you a good view of people that will pass by. If you prefer close-range/blindfire, then eject your disc and snap it in half, if not, stick to the stairway areas and corners. This map is perfect for all playstyles, which makes it the most balanced map in my opinion.

It's also a good map for Riot Shield users, though sadly I never see any.
Pepsi
Message 5 of 38 (402 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Not enough Yemen? The community complains about it.

We finally get more Yemen and the community still complains... Smiley Indifferent

@ND

Please ignore this thread!!!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 38 (377 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 23, 2013
^^ they really should not have a forum, its so true, next they will be asking for more London Underground.
Message 7 of 38 (371 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
^^ they really should not have a forum, its so true, next they will be asking for more London Underground.

Exactly, I've said it before: TLOU/UC4 MP shouldn't have any forums!!!

Crybabies won't bother to use NeoGAF/Twitter, that's for sure. Smiley Wink

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 8 of 38 (366 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 23, 2013
^^ im on twitter alrite i think, but i just couldnt get past all the red tape during signing up for NeoGAF so i just gave up, i lurk though Smiley Tonguel
Message 9 of 38 (359 Views)
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Yemen is an okay map IMO but honestly I want some variety half the matches I play are now on Yemen...
Message 10 of 38 (347 Views)
0 Likes