PlayStation MVP
17510 posts

Re: Ye Olde Freezy Quarter

Feb 15, 2013
I don't have a freeze map, luckily. Closest to a freeze map is Molten Ruins, where I froze one unlucky time.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 45 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Feb 15, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

1) Although small, my problems with the game are all over the place. I got it on release date and played it plenty, when I compare the disc to my others, it looks all warped and feels more flimsy than my other PS3 discs.

2) From time to time, textures stay blurry, characters in the lobby take several minutes to load, and some visuals tend to look waaaay to shiny in maps, menus, etc..

For example one time I was on chataeu, and all the characters looked shiny, as well as the ground and walls having a purple like coating all over the place. It didn't impact the gameplay and only lasted that 1 match, but it was weird...

1) All dual-layer discs have a warped, rainbow-ish pattern. It's perfectly normal. I don't understand why people freak out. :smileyindifferent:

You don't have other DL games? Killzone 3, God of War 3, Resistance 3... just to name a few.

2) That sounds a problem with your Blu-Ray drive. It's probably on its last legs.

1) Well I assume most of them are dual-layered, I have small collection of games and when comparing every single one, they all just have the regular silver bottom, while my UC3 disc has a rainbowy warped bottom. I assume it's from playing the game too much, but even then, my last multiplayer game I played day in and day out MGS4 (r.i.p. MGO :smileysad: ) is perfectly fine.

2)Another thing is that it's just this game giving me graphical problems. It's safe to say this is my most played game atm, as it's the only one giving me graphical hiccups and such. I do have an old ps3, its several years old, but it doesn't roar, I dust it out from time to time, and aside from a lack of memory sometimes, I've had no real problems with it.

I just assume that it isn't so much my ps3 is on it's last leg...but my Uncharted disc.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 45 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 15, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

1) Although small, my problems with the game are all over the place. I got it on release date and played it plenty, when I compare the disc to my others, it looks all warped and feels more flimsy than my other PS3 discs.

2) From time to time, textures stay blurry, characters in the lobby take several minutes to load, and some visuals tend to look waaaay to shiny in maps, menus, etc..

For example one time I was on chataeu, and all the characters looked shiny, as well as the ground and walls having a purple like coating all over the place. It didn't impact the gameplay and only lasted that 1 match, but it was weird...

1) All dual-layer discs have a warped, rainbow-ish pattern. It's perfectly normal. I don't understand why people freak out. :smileyindifferent:

You don't have other DL games? Killzone 3, God of War 3, Resistance 3... just to name a few.

2) That sounds a problem with your Blu-Ray drive. It's probably on its last legs.

1) Well I assume most of them are dual-layered, I have small collection of games and when comparing every single one, they all just have the regular silver bottom, while my UC3 disc has a rainbowy warped bottom. I assume it's from playing the game too much, but even then, my last multiplayer game I played day in and day out MGS4 (r.i.p. MGO :smileysad: ) is perfectly fine.

2)Another thing is that it's just this game giving me graphical problems. It's safe to say this is my most played game atm, as it's the only one giving me graphical hiccups and such. I do have an old ps3, its several years old, but it doesn't roar, I dust it out from time to time, and aside from a lack of memory sometimes, I've had no real problems with it.

I just assume that it isn't so much my ps3 is on it's last leg...but my Uncharted disc.

1) No, most PS3 games use single-layer discs. Only a few exclusives use DL ones.

Discs don't break from playing too much, this is an urban myth. Only optical drive units (mainly the laser) can break down.

Blu-Ray discs are even more durable than CDs and DVDs... it's not that easy to snap them (watch BG's video, lol) or scratch them.

2) Then it could also be a GPU issue, especially if you see weird colours and stuff like that.

If your disc is not badly scratched, then it should work fine. You can try your disc on another (preferably a newer Slim) console.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 45 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I'm not getting a new ps3 this late lol. My game surprisingly works fine, it's just that the visuals are messing up badly/loading in slowly.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 45 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 15, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I'm not getting a new ps3 this late lol. My game surprisingly works fine, it's just that the visuals are messing up badly/loading in slowly.

I didn't suggest to buy a new PS3 console, especially since the PS4/Orbis is coming soon (TM).

You can try it on a friend's console...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 45 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Feb 15, 2013

sadly, my friend's consoles are either just as old as mine or an xbox.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 45 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

I don't know why but the game thought it was so hilarious to just freeze me at the start of matches on some maps, and one time on Yemen, I got a rampant, 5 seconds later, freeze.

it was so stupid. :smileyindifferent:

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 45 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17510 posts

Feb 16, 2013

S4V463_F0XH0UND wrote:

I don't know why but the game thought it was so hilarious to just freeze me at the start of matches on some maps, and one time on Yemen, I got a rampant, 5 seconds later, freeze.

Random chance is random.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 45 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

S4V463_F0XH0UND wrote:

Random chance is random.

I guess, it still made me upset though and the match was almost over too. Eh.

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 45 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Feb 16, 2013
About the textures not loading and those problems sanddude is having; it's not the blu ray on its last legs. I had the same problem, if you remember, and it actually led to the game freezing way more. It has to do with data being corrupted (any data stored on your hard drive which usually means DLC... Cough... Old quarter... Cough).

I had to format my hard drive to fix the problems when the freezing, and subsequent free losses, became unbearable. The freezing it what corrupts the data in the first place so the problem compounds on itself over time.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 45 (174 Views)
0 Likes