Feb 24, 2013
Crap, I'm out of popcorn Smiley Sad
Message 51 of 119 (350 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Re: Wow really?

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

Blindfire is a good mechanic for CQC and to help flush out campers. The problem with it currently is that is too easily abused in every situation and destroys the games main offensive mechanic: aiming. This is the real problem with it. It destroys the main game mechanic.

Power plays are a poor game mechanic designed to enhanced the game but doesn't actually do what it was designed to do. Power plays are one of the reasons many people always party up. We know how much casuals hate playing against parties. Power plays actually encourage you to play more selfishly. No onewants a power play to activate when they are doing well. why would they help their tean get ahead by six. If anything you want to always be just a few kills ahead of your opponent while playing solo. Plus you can always just kill the guy that just killed your teammate. And this has taught ranoms to teampile like crazy and run in packs which has further hurt gameplay. That's why power plays are bad.

Message 52 of 119 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 24, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
they don't teach players to improve their game

There's your fallacy, right there. You wrongly assume that most players want to improve their game and become tryhards/vets.

This is certainly NOT true and you know it!

If you accept lag compensation, then I'm afraid that you have to accept blindfire and Powerplays as well. ND designed it that way on purpose, so that they can please the majority.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 53 of 119 (346 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1138 posts

Feb 24, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Like it or not, UC3 MP has been way more successful than UC2 MP in terms of sold copies/revenue for Sony/ND and player counts (ND has said that, not me).

Everyone agrees that UC3 MP is way more casual-friendly than UC2 MP.

Developers/companies try to please casuals, because they are the majority. As much as it pains me to admit it, that's the truth.

That's why ND will never nerf blindfire/Powerplays. They've said it many times already.

I'm not argueing with UC3 being successful  I agree with you on all those points.  I don't want them to nerf anything, they've done everything that they could. (Though I wish there was more done in the fun aspects)    But, it is what it is.   

However this majority is the community like it or not.  I played Co-op Hunter Today for example  3/4 matches I was in I got booted out.  Wasn't that surprised but one thing that I did notice was that all the players I was aganist were brand new people or Alts?

The average guy who blindfires/melee is me!   The guy who loves Uncharted, it cater towards the players not casuals.   Casuals jump into something brand new,  we all are casuals one way or another.

Message 54 of 119 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 24, 2013
I never said they want to become tryhards or vets. People always want to do something a little better the second time around. Improvement doesn't mean you get to the highest level. That's why people care about kdr. That's why people camp. That why people abuse broken mechanics.

It's not a fallacy. Sorry. You certainly are trying hard to flip that on me because I burned you so hard with it. Nice try. Step yo game up.

I don't have to accept blindfire because I accept lag and lag compensation. One is designed by ND and one is a reality of the world we live in. ND just made a workaround for an existing problem. Working at a software company has given me the understanding of the difference between a workaround and a designed function of the software. There's a big difference no matter how much you don't like it.
Message 55 of 119 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Confirmed

Feb 24, 2013

I can confirm that my speed is just 2mbps download and same for upload and Uncharted never ever lags...
Its not my fault. This is the highest speed broadband in india. **bleep** country.....
Im happy with no lag. but i always see people with high speed complain, so there is something wrong...
the problem is no game is this much fun so please naughty naughty fix this.....

Message 56 of 119 (319 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Re: Confirmed

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

You can please some of the people most the time or most the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time. That's why ND shoots for the MAJORITY. No one will be able to please everyone. Business wise, why would we anyone please the minority?

Message 57 of 119 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 24, 2013

You don't know my working experience, so spare me the ignorance.

Unless you have extensive programming/networking experience, then you are not really qualified to tell me if I'm wrong or not.

I'm not really "burned" by anything... especially by a guy who has confessed the fact that he has anger management and insomnia issues. But yeah, if you wanna grow your e-peen by thinking that you "burned" an internet stranger, then so be it. Whatever makes your miserable life happy. I have more important things to do in my life.

Anyway, this discussion is like beating a dead horse: totally pointless/unproductive and ND won't change a single thing. I/you/we have to deal with lag compensation, blindfire, Powerplays and tons of other BS mechanics that satisfy the majority.

/thread

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 58 of 119 (305 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1138 posts

Re: Confirmed

Feb 24, 2013

SheenuTheLegend wrote:

I can confirm that my speed is just 2mbps download and same for upload and Uncharted never ever lags...
Its not my fault. This is the highest speed broadband in india. **bleep** country.....
Im happy with no lag. but i always see people with high speed complain, so there is something wrong...
the problem is no game is this much fun so please naughty naughty fix this.....

Indeed it's not your fault.  People that complain are at fault.

I'm glad you enjoy Uncharted 3!  I do tooSmiley Happy

Naughty Dog can't do anything about the Techinical Issues / Matchmaking issues.  Unfortunately

Message 59 of 119 (301 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

Anger management? No. Insomnia? Yes. What does insomnia have anything to do with it. Being tired all the time cab make you grumpy (as any human can attest to).

But who are you to say anything about anger. Look who's getting furious? U mad bro? Lol! This is what happens when people get beat in an argument. They start attacking the other person's character because they have nothing left to stand on.

I actually probably do have more experience than you working intimately in the software industry. But if not, it doesn't matter because experience doesn't always equal knowledge. You obviously don't know the difference betweena workaround and a design feature.

Message 60 of 119 (291 Views)
0 Likes