Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

As you're a fan of the "interwebz" I think you...

Jul 17, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

@tha_mangler_88

Finally, someone who understands what he is talking about! Kudos.

On 2D mode UC3 still runs on the same resolution (1280 x 720), but with more rich effects and physics. So, essentially nothing is sacrificed.

Only in splitscreen/3D mode you have a lower resolution, less detailed textures and less polygons.

So, if you don't want to sacrifice anything, the choice is obvious: play 2D only! Let the others make their own choice, if they want to sacrifice visuals.

Vanthem wrote:

A common practice for betas and demos is to reduce the overall filesize by paring down things like textures.

This "claim" is as valid as snake oil. It's one of the thousands urban myths spreading on the interwebz.

Unless you have a source/link to back up your claims... then I'll revoke what I've just said.

As you're a fan of the "interwebz" I think you can manage to dig up the information on your own.  Facts are facts, if you want to ignore 'em, be my guest. 

We agree that anti-aliasing measures need to be improved, but that's been common on pretty much every PS3 game made.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 21 of 25 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

1) Actually I am a fan of valid sources (books are fine,...

Jul 17, 2011

Vanthem wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

@tha_mangler_88

Finally, someone who understands what he is talking about! Kudos.

On 2D mode UC3 still runs on the same resolution (1280 x 720), but with more rich effects and physics. So, essentially nothing is sacrificed.

Only in splitscreen/3D mode you have a lower resolution, less detailed textures and less polygons.

So, if you don't want to sacrifice anything, the choice is obvious: play 2D only! Let the others make their own choice, if they want to sacrifice visuals.

Vanthem wrote:

A common practice for betas and demos is to reduce the overall filesize by paring down things like textures.

This "claim" is as valid as snake oil. It's one of the thousands urban myths spreading on the interwebz.

Unless you have a source/link to back up your claims... then I'll revoke what I've just said.

1) As you're a fan of the "interwebz" I think you can manage to dig up the information on your own.  Facts are facts, if you want to ignore 'em, be my guest. 

2) We agree that anti-aliasing measures need to be improved, but that's been common on pretty much every PS3 game made.

1) Actually I am a fan of valid sources (books are fine, too). And no, I cannot find something that doesn't even exist. :smileyindifferent:

2) I wouldn't say that every PS3 game can have MLAA/FXAA. That's a fact.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 22 of 25 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

You don't need to sacrifice 3D or split screen for better...

Jul 17, 2011
You don't need to sacrifice 3D or split screen for better graphics, as it downscales the resolution to compensate increased demand on resources, whilst 3D or split screen are used. The presence of 3D or split screen doesn't hamper the 2D/single screen experience.

Message 23 of 25 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

NO - split screen is excellent!!!!   multiplayer graphics...

Jul 17, 2011

NO - split screen is excellent!!!!

multiplayer graphics are not so important, the game will be judged on its campaign graphics, which i'm sure will be very very impresive:smileyhappy:

Message 24 of 25 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

ND just make sure this game has offline splitscreen also....

Jul 19, 2011

ND just make sure this game has offline splitscreen also. There are many times where I won't have an interenet connection and want to play the co-op modes offline. The graphics are fine for the MP though as other posters have noticed they can be tightened up especially the facial features.

Message 25 of 25 (15 Views)
0 Likes