Jul 30 2012
By: supergamer-45 Sackboy 447 posts

Will there ever be a free DLC?

24 replies 451 views Edited Jul 30, 2012

I'm mean come this getting riduclous that we have to pay for DLC and which most of it is on the disc. I have not purchased one DLC because I'm not in the best stituation to spend money and plus because I think DLC should be free. ND should make DLC because they want people to enjoy the game, not because they want extra $$$. Well anyways all I can do is hope and try to get the most fun out of a stale game. I bet if they do give a free DLC it will have little/poor content. YOU READING THIS ND!? STOP ASKING FOR EXTRA $$$ AND START MAKING THE GAME BETTER. What do you think? Please leave your idea or suggestions. 

^ This video explains things basiclly about what I am talking about and in general the whole gaming industry.

* There are some swearing words. Watch at your own risk.

>
Message 1 of 25 (451 Views)
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Re: Will there ever be a free DLC?

Jul 30, 2012
If U3 does what U2 did, all DLC will be free once U4 (Or The Last Of Us 2) is out.

So either make with the money or wait a long time.

I'm happy to give my money to ND, even if they've made some bad choices for both U2 and U3, they still deserve it.
Pepsi
Message 2 of 25 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Jul 30, 2012

SjShane wrote:
If U3 does what U2 did, all DLC will be free once U4 (Or The Last Of Us 2) is out.

So either make with the money or wait a long time.

I'm happy to give my money to ND, even if they've made some bad choices for both U2 and U3, they still deserve it.

Nope. By then everyone will be gone. Also you missing that ND took off a lot of value in U3 when they realeased this retail version. If it was like what they said last year then this discussion would not be here.

>
Message 3 of 25 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Jul 30, 2012
I doubt this game will have free DLC. However, it's a possibility it may happen late 2013 or so. :/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 4 of 25 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Jul 30, 2012

They could just give us a new map or something like the Fort in U2, but an entire DLC? I don't think so...

Message 5 of 25 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Jul 30, 2012

supergamer-45 wrote:

I'm mean come this getting riduclous that we have to pay for DLC and which most of it is on the disc. I have not purchased one DLC because I'm not in the best stituation to spend money and plus because I think DLC should be free. ND should make DLC because they want people to enjoy the game, not because they want extra $$$. Well anyways all I can do is hope and try to get the most fun out of a stale game. I bet if they do give a free DLC it will have little/poor content. YOU READING THIS ND!? STOP ASKING FOR EXTRA $$$ AND START MAKING THE GAME BETTER. What do you think? Please leave your idea or suggestions. 

lol what?

Almost none of the DLC was on the disc because the disc was full. Not only that, but ND's DLC for the most part is fairly priced compared to other games out there. I support ND and i will buy there DLC, i'm not going to ask for free extra content because nothing in this word is free... well expect publix cookies of course XD 

-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 6 of 25 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
250 posts

Jul 30, 2012

Uncharted 3 sold more than Killzone 3 , Resistance 3 and Starhawk combined , Killzone 3 had a free retro map pack not long after release on PlayStation Plus , All of Starhawk map packs are free despite the game selling a paltry 150,000 copies as of July 14th, we had to pay to play on maps we already played on for 2 years , you just couldn't make it up lol. 

Sony needs to let Naughty Dog give us competitive Map Packs for free in Uncharted 4 seriously it sucks how bad the player pool is split, it sucks even more that you can't find a dlc match if you bought DDMP on its own or FBMP1 on its own or even if you bought them together ,they can sell us lots of other dlc in Uncharted 4 like adventure maps , weapon skins , character skins , endless survival , customisable clothing and more treasure sets.

Add this to money both Sony and Naughty Dog will recieve from The Last of Us and you can see they could afford to give us free dlc !!

Message 7 of 25 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Jul 30, 2012
There is free DLC. It's called "patches".
Message 8 of 25 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Jul 30, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:
There is free DLC. It's called "patches".

It isn't free. It costs storage data.

Message 9 of 25 (305 Views)
Survivor
2348 posts

Jul 30, 2012

i don't think the DLC was on the disc, since they were a fair size DLC i believe (a few MB), if they were already on the disc they would only be a few kB (which would be an unlock code), the characters might have been, i don't remember, but the map packs certainly weren't

Message 10 of 25 (282 Views)
0 Likes