Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Re: Will Classic mode change Uncharted 3?

Oct 10, 2012

I'm hoping it will change Uncharted 3 for the better. I can only play so much standard U3 TDM without getting the urge to toss my PS3 out the **bleep** window.

If nothing else, just the fact that it is reminiscent of the once-great Uncharted 2 will be enough to keep me playing it.

Message 11 of 39 (328 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 10, 2012
I never play TDM just for fun. **bleep** mode isn't fun.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 12 of 39 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

It probably will. Shame that it's going to be just TDM. I was hoping that it would be in all CMP modes, because I just loooove TO.

Buuut, at least we get it. Funny that in MOTD it says "Classic mode will make a return", like we've had it before. Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 39 (300 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6762 posts

Oct 10, 2012

If done right it will be a mode free of power plays, kickbacks, and the RoF mods. So although blindifre will still sadly be there in all it's infamy, many of the other things won't.

We won't know until it comes out though.

Message 14 of 39 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Oct 10, 2012

I will play Devil's Advocate here, a bit. 

Of course, there is the chance that Classic Mode will FURTHER EXPOSE UC3 for the unbalanced game that it is.  With the removal of all of the Kickbacks, Power Plays, and spawn-in-your hand power weapons, we'll be left with a regualr UC2 loadout (we assume) of the AK and Para.  Lag will be the new complaint with Classic Mode.  Despite the changes that will be made you will still find yourself saying, over and over and over again, "How did he kill me?" or "Why isn't he dead, I just pumped two clips of M9 into that dude?"  We will still lose battles and gun fights to the 3rd competitor...LAG.  

On top of all this, I'd be willing to bet that NDI will do something that is OFF THE WALL and totally detracts from the mode.  Either this, or the initial set up for Classic mode will need a "patch of the patch" in order to straighten out some wild, unbalanced aspect of the new mode.  

With NDI, I'll believe it when I see it.  At this point, it just might be 'too little, too late." 

Message 15 of 39 (258 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 10, 2012

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Of course, there is the chance that Classic Mode will FURTHER EXPOSE UC3 for the unbalanced game that it is.  With the removal of all of the Kickbacks, Power Plays, and spawn-in-your hand power weapons, we'll be left with a regualr UC2 loadout (we assume) of the AK and Para.  Lag will be the new complaint with Classic Mode.  Despite the changes that will be made you will still find yourself saying, over and over and over again, "How did he kill me?" or "Why isn't he dead, I just pumped two clips of M9 into that dude?"  We will still lose battles and gun fights to the 3rd competitor...LAG.  

On top of all this, I'd be willing to bet that NDI will do something that is OFF THE WALL and totally detracts from the mode.  Either this, or the initial set up for Classic mode will need a "patch of the patch" in order to straighten out some wild, unbalanced aspect of the new mode.  

With NDI, I'll believe it when I see it.  At this point, it just might be 'too little, too late." 

Everything is too little too late in this game. Srsly.

Wonder what good game is out, or coming out shortly.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 16 of 39 (245 Views)
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Oct 10, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

I wish I had your problem. I have soooooooo many games I want.

Bioshock 1 & 2

The Last of Us

Tomb Raider 9

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions

Maybe disho(u)nered..

not to mention a new controller and a proper headset...

Do you feel me?

Message 17 of 39 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 10, 2012

duke_of_platypus wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

I wish I had your problem. I have soooooooo many games I want.

Bioshock 1 & 2

The Last of Us

Tomb Raider 9

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions

Maybe disho(u)nered..

not to mention a new controller and a proper headset...

*Dishonored

Hell yeah I'm getting TLoU. The rest, nah.

Oh, you can have my spare controller. I was expecting my sibling to play LBP with me, but apparently they don't like LBP. What kind of kid doesn't like LBP? Republican kids?

WE're both getting a headset. Me, I don't need a mic. I just don't want people screaming "TURN THAT TERRORIST VOLUME DOWN"

Message 18 of 39 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Oct 10, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

DEVIL!!!!1111!!!!

Maybe disho(u)nered..

*Dishonored

Sorry, I meant Dishono(u)red*.

Do you feel me?

Message 19 of 39 (236 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1096 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Grenade throwback, is it still there?

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 20 of 39 (224 Views)
0 Likes