Naughty Paw
20409 posts

Re: Will Classic mode change Uncharted 3?

Oct 10, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@dad lol. I have 3 HC guns in Hardcore.

I have all HC guns because I isolated myself from society for about a month to find them. Smiley Mad

Trust me, it wasn't fun, but Talbot's FAL and Marlowe's Para are SO worth it. Smiley Tongue

Message 31 of 39 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 10, 2012
HC isn't fun? Bro, TDM ISN'T FUN. HC is literally the only way for me to have any fun in competitive.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 32 of 39 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Oct 11, 2012
No sprinting and faster killing?
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 33 of 39 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 11, 2012
No sprinting, faster killing, bunny- hopping, and for some reason the Para 9 is the most poweful overall gun in the whole mode (even topping long guns).

That's Classic mode.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 34 of 39 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Oct 11, 2012
So less recoil, too? Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 39 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Yep. Why ask?
Message 36 of 39 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Will Classic mode change UC3? ...Yes and no.

Yes: The mode will attract some of the current players of this game, while also (possibly) making other people feel compelled to come back for the re-imagined nostalgia. The marginally increased player pool may have some slight effect on the ever-so-constant issue of lag.

No: A good amount of players probably won't bother to check out Uncharted 3 again based on previous experiences. Imbalances will still be prevalent in all other modes, and with everyone partying up to play Classic mode, it's going to be a bigger annoyance to see one's party split. 

Classic mode could be something to re-vitalize the game, but after ~1 year I don't think it'll have the same impact. It'll be entertaining, but it may be too late. If all of the other modes get a fresh coat of paint as well, and some gameplay mechanics are improved/altered, then 1.15 could make UC3 the best it's been since the summer beta.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 37 of 39 (122 Views)
Wastelander
573 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

Will Classic mode change UC3? ...Yes and no.

Yes: The mode will attract some of the current players of this game, while also (possibly) making other people feel compelled to come back for the re-imagined nostalgia. The marginally increased player pool may have some slight effect on the ever-so-constant issue of lag.

No: A good amount of players probably won't bother to check out Uncharted 3 again based on previous experiences. Imbalances will still be prevalent in all other modes, and with everyone partying up to play Classic mode, it's going to be a bigger annoyance to see one's party split. 

Classic mode could be something to re-vitalize the game, but after ~1 year I don't think it'll have the same impact. It'll be entertaining, but it may be too late. If all of the other modes get a fresh coat of paint as well, and some gameplay mechanics are improved/altered, then 1.15 could make UC3 the best it's been since the summer beta.

You're smart.

Message 38 of 39 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Classic mode will be huge. Just wait...but then again..we ARE talking about ND here. So there will probably be some issues. Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 39 (113 Views)
0 Likes