Re: Why was the G-Mal nerf in 1.13?

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

2 things made the gmal OP, for me.

1) stopping power

2) scoped-in aim assist

the recoil nerf was needless. however, that said, the gmal is still a useful gun.

Oh yeah its still useful, I've been an M-9 user since forever and I can pull good scores with it. I just don't know why so many people have gravitated away from it.

Because as far as I'm concerned..

It's easier to aim the AK, M9, KAL 7, Dragon Sniper...

It's now the weakest gun of the bunch for me now. Whenever I use the G-MAL i get unluckies now and often finish 0-10 or something like that. As opposed to the other weapons which actually have a strength, the G-MAL is all negatives now.

It's not a long range weapon due to the recoil,The Dragon is vastly superior for long range

it's not a short range weapon because the M9, AK and KAL 7 will dominate it now

It's not a mid range weapon due to the AK and M9 also being better at that job.

I don't know why they didn't just remove the G-MAL it's not worth even being in the game in it's current state.

and yes, Nerfing the G-MAL created more blindfire because everyone is now using a weapon with good blindfire capabilities. which also renders things like Fleet Foot useless.

One nerf, kills many aspects.

Bottom line, if you do well with it, congrats, but you're still an idiot for using the worst gun in the game.

Before we even go there, spare me the ignorance, there is a difference between can't aim and can't aim the G-MAL.

Message 31 of 41 (292 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Feb 3, 2013
The nerf was NECESSARY and effective. It might be a tiny, itty bitty, minuscule amount too much. But it was justified. And I still run into vets using it very VERY effectively. At medium to long distance, the G-Mal is still a beast weapon. And the lag lets G-Mal users get all those awesome kills through walls.

Maybe a tiny little buff on the recoil would be ok. I just don't want to see 75-80% of players in matches using it again. And before you say "the M9 is used by 80%" I'll remind you that you CAN escape M9 bullets (unlike the 2nd burst of the G-Mal).
Message 32 of 41 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 3, 2013
You can't escape blindfire/Mid-range RoF. Even if you manage, you'd be too much on critical health even one stray bullet could kill you.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 33 of 41 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Well,

IMVHO I think the G-mal should be changed to require three bursts (or 2 and a half) to Kill.

Then this game would be Balanced for me Smiley Happy

STOP. WHINING. AND. DEAL. WITH. IT. Smiley Mad

^ People like him destroyed the G-MAL with their incessant whining and he is still not satisfied!!! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!

I swear, I will oppose every SINGLE weapon "complaint" in TLOU MP/UC4 MP, especially if we are talking about weapons that require aiming (aka L1)! You have been warned.-

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 34 of 41 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14379 posts

Feb 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Well,

IMVHO I think the G-mal should be changed to require three bursts (or 2 and a half) to Kill.

Then this game would be Balanced for me Smiley Happy

STOP. WHINING. AND. DEAL. WITH. IT. Smiley Mad

^ People like him destroyed the G-MAL with their incessant whining and he is still not satisfied!!! ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!

I swear, I will oppose every SINGLE weapon "complaint" in TLOU MP/UC4 MP, especially if we are talking about weapons that require aiming (aka L1)! You have been warned.-

If I get it.. It would have to be free and it's appearing to be very likely that will happen.

I'm going to follow you. the forumers killed Uncharted 3.

Message 35 of 41 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Feb 3, 2013
They definitely killed matchmaking. But the G-Mal, quick boom and creepy crawlers adjustments were goid imo.

It weird what ND listens to and what they don't. They listened to what I mentioned above, but refuse to make (meaningful) adjustments to Blindfire, M9 RoF and matchmaking issuse like LAG and partt splits. Baffling.
Message 36 of 41 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Feb 3, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
They definitely killed matchmaking. But the G-Mal, quick boom and creepy crawlers adjustments were goid imo.

It weird what ND listens to and what they don't. They listened to what I mentioned above, but refuse to make (meaningful) adjustments to Blindfire, M9 RoF and matchmaking issuse like LAG and partt splits. Baffling.

When TLoU and U4 come out, we should all organize a MP blackout/boycott if ND doesn't make necessary adjustments.  I wonder if that would have worked for U3. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 37 of 41 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 3, 2013
So the community is ruining this game?
Or is ND doing the wrong thing for listening?
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 3, 2013

GamerAlexz wrote:
So the community is ruining this game?
Or is ND doing the wrong thing for listening?

I'll be honest: they listen to the wrong people.

Look what happened with UC2 MP... the history repeated itself with UC3 MP.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 39 of 41 (207 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Feb 3, 2013
@harrisj16 A boycott wouldn't do anything. They already got your money.

@Gameralexz It's the fault of fly by night gamers who wanted this game to fit their pathetic needs. They only played the game for a month and got what they wanted. But left the true fans with a noob friendly lag fest.
Message 40 of 41 (200 Views)