Gaming Beast
1903 posts

Re: Why was the G-Mal nerf in 1.13?

Feb 3, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Well it is a game, and its obvious that a competent person aiming can still take out someone blindfiring running towards them. Though this is getting off topic anyway.

The G-mal needed the nerfs in my eyes. I still think that every gun should only excel in 1 area for real balance, I mean we only have 6 main guns so it shouldn't be to hard to do. And as of now they are all almost there, with the M9 still sticking out since it is obviously a jack of trades gun which idk what to do about anyway that won't either destroy the gun or be a useless nerf "like nerfing its RoF a while ago."

Why should we nerf the M9. I have a better idea: Buff everything to the level of the M9. 

The only things that are worthy of a nerf are: Blindfire, and Melee damage needs to be tweaked IMO

Message 21 of 41 (318 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6714 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I never said nerf the M9...I just said what can even be done about it anyway. Also I'm happy with the current state of the game compared to the past year(with gun balanced that is). It could be better yes, but chances are it won't be, so I'm content with how it is as of right now.

Feet
Message 22 of 41 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1903 posts

Feb 3, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I never said nerf the M9...I just said what can even be done about it anyway. Also I'm happy with the current state of the game compared to the past year(with gun balanced that is). It could be better yes, but chances are it won't be, so I'm content with how it is as of right now.

You think M9 RoF is balanced Smiley Surprised

Message 23 of 41 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6714 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Nope not in the slightest. Though ND said it isn't a problem and they technically nerfed it already which didn't help...

Chances are it's here to stay, so I choose to stop crying about it and play the game the way I want to, not caring about tryhards using it.

Feet
Message 24 of 41 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2881 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Well,

IMVHO I think the G-mal should be changed to require three bursts (or 2 and a half) to Kill.

Then this game would be Balanced for me Smiley Happy

2544133150[1].png

Message 25 of 41 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 3, 2013

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Well,

IMVHO I think the G-mal should be changed to require three bursts (or 2 and a half) to Kill.

T_T
Do you feel me?

Message 26 of 41 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2381 posts

Feb 3, 2013

GloZorCoMeTh wrote:

Well,

This would kill it. Than it would have about the same strenght as the raffica pistol and the raffica is very underpowered and considered the weakest gun and the only gun for which a damage buff would be good.

Message 27 of 41 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2224 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

GamerAlexz wrote:

Someone please tell me why they nerf aiming by adding recoil to the G-mal?

I think they shoulda made the G-mal unlocked for level 55 or something since it was easy to aim. Higher level = better guns?

Also, sorry for a useless thread.

A bunch of people wanted the gun nerfed so much that Naughty Dog listened to them but didn't do anything about blindfire or ROF. Thus people who didn't want it nerfed now have a right to say "I told you so" because the G-MAL is utterly useless and this game now favors anyone who blindfires. Basically:

Whiny kids come to forums, media sites, ect = Post about G-MAL being too powerful

Other people = Defend it, post about ROF/Blindfire saying that nerfing the G-MAL would make the game worse.

Naughty Dog didn't even play their own game = Nerfed G-MAL 1.13, thought whiny kids knew best/made their own decision to add recoil. Even though some forumers did offer ways for it too work without totally destroying it (not all G-MAL complainers were whiny kids, just most.) So thus ND made a stupid decision to nerf only the G-MAL by adding recoil and not touching the R0F mod or the Blindfire mechanics.

Other people = Were right, now this game is a blindfire fest because it is overpowered as heck.

Note: Naughty Dog did attempt to nerf the ROF mod but it basically did nothing, they might as well have not touched it since it didn't change anything really.

Note 2 (edit): The G-MAL isn't actually useless but why would anyone pick it when you can just blindfire away the competition.

Message 28 of 41 (247 Views)
Survivor
2201 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Asraik wrote:

GamerAlexz wrote:

Someone please tell me why they nerf aiming by adding recoil to the G-mal?

I think they shoulda made the G-mal unlocked for level 55 or something since it was easy to aim. Higher level = better guns?

Also, sorry for a useless thread.

A bunch of people wanted the gun nerfed so much that Naughty Dog listened to them but didn't do anything about blindfire or ROF. Thus people who didn't want it nerfed now have a right to say "I told you so" because the G-MAL is utterly useless and this game now favors anyone who blindfires. Basically:

Whiny kids come to forums, media sites, ect = Post about G-MAL being too powerful

Other people = Defend it, post about ROF/Blindfire saying that nerfing the G-MAL would make the game worse.

Naughty Dog didn't even play their own game = Nerfed G-MAL 1.13, thought whiny kids knew best/made their own decision to add recoil. Even though some forumers did offer ways for it too work without totally destroying it (not all G-MAL complainers were whiny kids, just most.) So thus ND made a stupid decision to nerf only the G-MAL by adding recoil and not touching the R0F mod or the Blindfire mechanics.

Other people = Were right, now this game is a blindfire fest because it is overpowered as heck.

Note: Naughty Dog did attempt to nerf the ROF mod but it basically did nothing, they might as well have not touched it since it didn't change anything really.

Note 2 (edit): The G-MAL isn't actually useless but why would anyone pick it when you can just blindfire away the competition.

Exactly this, Everyone complained about the G-Mal, it got nerfed. WHY IN THE **bleep** WONT ND LISTEN TO EVERYONE COMPLAING ABOUT BLINDFIRE? Come on ND, whats the real reason? Those casuals that you care oh so much about are playing Black Ops 2 leaving us who care for the game to die endlessly from BS.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 29 of 41 (239 Views)
Sackboy
353 posts

Feb 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
plus u got the added perk of your bullets following players around corners.

Here we go again... that's just lag. I remember I had an argument with someone about that before. I still see that "perk".

An argument with someone about the G-mal? I wonder who that was lol. But seriously it needed the nerfs. It was the ultimate gun. Good at every range, high stopping power, high bullet damage, high rate of fire which complimented the high bullet damage, an unnecessary accuracy mod that only made it even better, SI so you could dominate in head up gun fights. Why use any other weapon? The nerfed version is still a great gun, I guess people just don't bother using it anymore.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 30 of 41 (233 Views)
0 Likes