Mar 07 2013
By: heima_428 First Son 3 posts

Why don't you separate PT and solo players?

9 replies 388 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

The problem of 5 PT has been discussed since this game came out.

Why don't you ignore the opinion of players?

It's holy **bleep** unfair.  5 PT breaks the balance of team.

And when I play, I'm always forced to enter the game in progress THAT'S ALWAYS BEHIND BY A WIDE MARGIN.

Oh my god, I got one more lose automatically! looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Why you dont fix this goddamned system?

I guess the whole **bleep** things I've said are going nowhere.

You won't improve this situation, right?

Message 1 of 10 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
613 posts

Re: Why don't you separate PT and solo players?

Mar 7, 2013

Because if people could party in a group of 5 vs randoms they'd likely lose more often and leave game.

------

How to deal with bombs: "let the bomb down me" - DEATH__MACHINIST
Message 2 of 10 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9164 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 7, 2013

We don't have enough players for mercenary TDM. Sorry, they won't add it. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 3 of 10 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Pro tip: When the game finds all players at once it's a game in progress you can back out quickly if you want to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 10 (348 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I alway avoid joining the game in progress, but that avoiding often lasts for 10-20 times.

I'm so sick of it.

Message 5 of 10 (341 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1097 posts

Mar 7, 2013

@ID

Right, but the playerbase will never raise with such "party dominating" matchmaking.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 6 of 10 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9164 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Flawless83 wrote:

@ID

Right, but the playerbase will never raise with such "party dominating" matchmaking.

I wouldn't say that is a big factor in Uncharted 3 popularity. 3PS just aren't as popular as FPS. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 7 of 10 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I agree....Games in progress are frustrating.  I've said since the beginning they should alter this and not penalize players that join games in progress....You shouldn't get a loss if you've joined a game in progress where your team was trailing when you joined.  Honestly, I think they should just not give you any wins or losses on games joined in progress....Just count the cash you earn.

As for partying, I've wondered if maybe they should change the max size of parties to like 3 for the non custom games.  If the max were 3, you'd still have the potential to get at least 2 "newbies" with the party of 3....Which could help balance out many games IF matchmaking (big if) can work properly.

For the custom game list, leave the max at 5 so people can play 5 on 5 custom games if they choose.  

Message 8 of 10 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20303 posts

Mar 7, 2013
I still avoid late joining. I honestly can't stand games that force me to join when the game has already started, hence why I loved UC2's no late joining matchmaking.
Message 9 of 10 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Either party up with at least one friend (splitscreen will work too) or deal with it. The player pool is too small to be fragmented even further.

And no, Uncharted MP will never be as popular as COD/BF, unless they make it a FPS, lol.

tts42572 wrote:

1) I've said since the beginning they should alter this and not penalize players that join games in progress....You shouldn't get a loss if you've joined a game in progress where your team was trailing when you joined.  Honestly, I think they should just not give you any wins or losses on games joined in progress....Just count the cash you earn.

2) As for partying, I've wondered if maybe they should change the max size of parties to like 3 for the non custom games.  If the max were 3, you'd still have the potential to get at least 2 "newbies" with the party of 3....Which could help balance out many games IF matchmaking (big if) can work properly.

1) Yes.

2) No.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 10 (258 Views)
0 Likes