Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 28 2012
By: Ro1ism Lombax Warrior 250 posts

Why does the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer suck? Because of us.

12 replies 1114 views Edited Oct 28, 2012

Let me explain.

Naughty Dog is a company, a company in contract with Sony Entertainment. Now what does a company want to do? essentially, make money. How does said company make money? By giving consumers "goods", in this case: videogames. Now do you really think Naughty Dog or Sony want to make you an unsattisfied costumer? No! That's not how you make money. So how does Uncharted 3 fit in this?

Uncharted 3 had a though act to follow. Uncharted 2 is what most of you here so fondly love and is most likely the reason why you bought and play Uncharted 3. But you have to know, Uncharted 2 is so loved because it was already nearly perfect. The only thing Uncharted 3 could do is level or end up lower with Uncharted 2. Topping would be almost Impossible. Yet in true ND fashion they tried. Bigger multiplayer. Bigger Cinematic events. Etc while at the same time doing something original.

The Hype this game created.Because (this is a common error) everybody thought Uncharted 3 would be better to Uncharted 2 the same amount Uncharted 2 was to DF. This is common in multimedia. And we never learn it seems.

Uncharted 3 was great, but great wasn't good enough, Uncharted 2 was already great. Uncharted 3 had to be EVEN MORE. Fanbase was split, some loved it others hated it. But it had one redeeming factor.

the Multiplayer part

because of the succes of the summer beta people really thought Uncharted 3's Multiplayer would be king on PS3 But a beta is still a boardened test room. Not an International Finished product. While small and fun. I think naughty dog still wanted to add and add and make it bigger and better. This led to some people complaing about the beta being better, so they patched that, then others complained, patch, Nerf this Nerf that, patch, Naughty dog fix this fix that, patch, I hate this now! well done naughty dog for ruining everything! The lag naughty dog! patch.

All the money of the company went into patches and updates, Then people look surprised when Add-ons cost so much?

But they work themselves broke so they can please everyone.

THEY TRY but only thing they get is sarcasm, and bites.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (1,114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18468 posts

Re: Why does the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer suck? Because of us.

Oct 28, 2012
The UC2 hype is probably a big reason why people don't like it so much. "Oh, this game is different from the original and I don't like that." UC3 is its own game. It was never going to be a reskinned UC2. If it was, it'd pretty much be like CoD (which it did take some things from. Not a horrible thing. I was referring to the "same game every year with small changes" idea).

The hype most likely killed it. That and over reliance on one certain thing at a time. You all do remember SA, DTI and FF, and Rocket and Launch Man, right? What about silent skeletons? What about nearly unobtainable ranks? What about game-breaking unpatched glitches with no way to ban those using them? WHAT ABOUT THE LOW HEALTH?

Going back to UC2, I can barely play it because it just feels so sluggish to me. UC3 did some things very well, while messing up others that didn't need to be changed. UC2 had many, MANY errors in it, yet people just kind of accepted it because this was the 1st time they played a game like that. Now that there's a sequel, they expect it to be flawless. Spoiler: no game is flawless. At all.

Just enjoy the game. If you don't like that one game is different from another, then play something else.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (1,106 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13340 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Doesn't suck because of all of us. I always said the Summer beta was spot on.

Anyone who wanted changes made to that. It's because of them.

I was right pretty much. But it never actually. "sucked" until 1.15's matchmaking. it just had annoyances which could have been evaded by listening to the right people and not the wrong ones who knew very little about gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (1,094 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Oct 28, 2012

It still had flaws according to people.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Oct 28, 2012
It's not our fault. ND was rushed to release this game in time for Christmas. If it was anyone, it was probably Sony or the dogs themselves for announcing a release date nearly a year prior. Most community feedback is actually pretty good, and helps ND improve the game. There are some whiners who cry for everything, but I'm perfectly content now. 2 minor things that annoy me are still Blindfire and the RoF mod though, but I mainly enjoy the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (1,061 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Ro1ism wrote:

Let me explain.

Naughty Dog is a company, a company in contract with Sony Entertainment. Now what does a company want to do? essentially, make money. How does said company make money? By giving consumers "goods", in this case: videogames. Now do you really think Naughty Dog or Sony want to make you an unsattisfied costumer? No! That's not how you make money. So how does Uncharted 3 fit in this?

Uncharted 3 had a though act to follow. Uncharted 2 is what most of you here so fondly love and is most likely the reason why you bought and play Uncharted 3. But you have to know, Uncharted 2 is so loved because it was already nearly perfect. The only thing Uncharted 3 could do is level or end up lower with Uncharted 2. Topping would be almost Impossible. Yet in true ND fashion they tried. Bigger multiplayer. Bigger Cinematic events. Etc while at the same time doing something original.

The Hype this game created.Because (this is a common error) everybody thought Uncharted 3 would be better to Uncharted 2 the same amount Uncharted 2 was to DF. This is common in multimedia. And we never learn it seems.

Uncharted 3 was great, but great wasn't good enough, Uncharted 2 was already great. Uncharted 3 had to be EVEN MORE. Fanbase was split, some loved it others hated it. But it had one redeeming factor.

the Multiplayer part

because of the succes of the summer beta people really thought Uncharted 3's Multiplayer would be king on PS3 But a beta is still a boardened test room. Not an International Finished product. While small and fun. I think naughty dog still wanted to add and add and make it bigger and better. This led to some people complaing about the beta being better, so they patched that, then others complained, patch, Nerf this Nerf that, patch, Naughty dog fix this fix that, patch, I hate this now! well done naughty dog for ruining everything! The lag naughty dog! patch.

All the money of the company went into patches and updates, Then people look surprised when Add-ons cost so much?

But they work themselves broke so they can please everyone.

THEY TRY but only thing they get is sarcasm, and bites.

This game doesn't suck, the player base speaks for itself, it's more than Uncharted 2 could've ever hoped to have. I've shown this game to many of my friends who own 360's and they're amazed by it, they are addicted the moment they play one match. Uncharted 2 was great, but this multiplayer is faster paced, has more features and it does have it's hiccups, but U2 was not without complaints.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (974 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Oct 28, 2012

i dont really think it sucks but mp is worser now than it was a year ago but i agree nd didn't ruin the game the fans did but i have been thinking the same for quiet a bit now

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (941 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Oct 28, 2012

At. jjjkur

Whiners. See, like there is only people who like everything and people who hate everything about it. I hardly think there are people who hate everything about it, it's just because so many different complains arise. So fast from different people. G mal OP other half says NOT OP.

Who's right? who's wrong? the vocal majority! right?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (933 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I honestly don't think it's our fault. If anything, it's Sony's fault.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (926 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11096 posts

Oct 28, 2012

TL;DR

I believe it's ND's fault, sure they could have done something better to the MP, like making blindfire less OP, not adding crazy weapons like the FAL-SS and KAL, having the Lab, Elimination and Classic Mode from the start...

But no, they didn't. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (913 Views)
0 Likes