Fender Bender
3804 posts

Re: Why do some people only play co-op?

Jan 17, 2012

People probably play co-op only because ( Like one you said) they just dont want to play againts other players. Also, Co-op is good practice because there are only bots, and it's great place to lvl up!

Message 51 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Jan 17, 2012

Competitive is more of and art, and Co-op is more of a science, altho the reverse can be true too, but less so--you can get creative in Co-op, or look at COMP as more of a science.

I play tons of Co-op and never get bored as I have a ton of friends who Co-op as well.  It's alot more relaxed than COMP.  In COMP there's so much HORSECRAP that's going on between the lag, the cheaters, the glitchers, the pimps, the FAL BS, and a myriad of other things.  On top of that, my connection stinks (thanks At&t!).  In Co-op there is almost always a level playing field.  In COMP, this is just not the case.  So many factors ruin COMP games, that it's a joke. 

COMP always feels so serious to me, like it's work or something.  Co-op, for me, is all about helping people, major goofing off (sometimes costing lives), and the science of completing rounds and matches. 

melew25's comment on Co-op being geared towards folks that are more analyitical was a keen observation (+1).  I'm SUPER analytical, played a ton of poker including NO-LIMIT, and I like/enjoy that kind of pattern recognition. 

Another thing...the randomness of this version of Co-op is interesting.  Each match is very different, and there are a myrid of things that can happen, go wrong, or turn extremely lucky.

For good/competent COMP players, co-op is just not enough, altho I do know some COMP players that love Co-op!  

Message 52 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Jan 17, 2012

@OrangeFeffy: uhm... yeah I meant comp in the last one ^^

https://www.twitch.tv/aeonra/
Message 53 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Jan 17, 2012

Maybe they got sick off the kal, fall and QB and just started playing co-op untill balance has returned.

Message 54 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4545 posts

Jan 17, 2012

I don't play Coop that much, especially Adventure because most people seem to always want to play it on Hard or Crushing so they can get treasures while they forget about the fun and exploration provided by Easy (yes, problem?) and Normal. Did I menion how I hate that Pak-80 guy? Shooting him is like shooting a moving rock.

I play Coop mainly to have some stress-free games with my friends, to take a brake from DM and FFA, and also to reach levels 15 and 16 to unlock Fleet Foot and the M9 respectively.

I guess some players are competitive and others cooperative, nothing wrong with that.

Photobucket
Message 55 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Jan 17, 2012

Shrantellatessa schrieb:

I don't play Coop that much, especially Adventure because most people seem to always want to play it on Hard or Crushing so they can get treasures while they forget about the fun and exploration provided by Easy (yes, problem?) and Normal.

Photobucket

This is kind of true. I played a looooot of normal and easy games (I left the choosing to the other players if they had a lower level), that was a one or two months ago, when a lot of people didn't know about the star for example. But now it seems that nearly everyone is playing hard or crushing. I can understand that, I changed my mind too and vote now for crushing, because I played coop arena for two months on easy, normal and hard and did not get any treasures I was missing (there is one missing on each treasure set, exept two sets I wich were completed). This annoyed me really. I still vote for crushing now, but if the others vote for easy or normal, I at least dont quit (as others often do if they dont get hard or crushing). And I relax now in comp *g*

Its a mood thing mostly.

Message 56 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

Jan 17, 2012

Not everyone who votes for hard or crushing is only after treasures. I don't play adventure below hard anymore because I need a challenge, but sometimes do arena on easy or normal. Doing adventure on easy/normal is just way too easy and the gameplay changes in no way, while arena always holds up a bit of diversity even on the lower difficulties (and even there a PAK brute can trouble you when playing with newbie randoms). Furthermore I am somewhat sick to see newbies playing adventure on easy/normal in a run-and-gun kind of way with shotguns, eventually adapting this playstyle from the competitive modes, knowing very well that they will try the same on hard and crushing and fail hopelessly with that. If I want to see people shoot around hysterically like that I join competitive matches.

Message 57 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
530 posts

Jan 17, 2012

LethiaAlethia schrieb:

Not everyone who votes for hard or crushing is only after treasures. I don't play adventure below hard anymore because I need a challenge, but sometimes do arena on easy or normal. Doing adventure on easy/normal is just way too easy and the gameplay changes in no way, while arena always holds up a bit of diversity even on the lower difficulties (and even there a PAK brute can trouble you when playing with newbie randoms). Furthermore I am somewhat sick to see newbies playing adventure on easy/normal in a run-and-gun kind of way with shotguns, eventually adapting this playstyle from the competitive modes, knowing very well that they will try the same on hard and crushing and fail hopelessly with that.

Well I did not say that this is the reason for everybody. It is just my reason why I vote for crushing in coop all the time now.

Believe it or not, newbies do learn (like I did, when I played my first crushing/hard game ). As long as they do learn I dont have a problem to suck with newbies in a game, losing it. As long as it does not repeat.

Message 58 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 17, 2012

Love playing co-op, got my star last night but still plan on playing it almost exclusively until the balance issues are fixed.  Used to only play TDM but it just got to the point where I was raging to much at it. 

Message 59 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
83 posts

Jan 17, 2012

I'm purely co-op.

I won't play competitive due to trash talkers, kill farmers, lag and the totally unlevel playing field that people start from.

At least in U2 everyone started with the same weapons.

Message 60 of 74 (22 Views)
0 Likes