Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013
Ever since the no intro versions I heavily enjoy them, regardless of how glitchy and broken they are it's nice to play them every so often.
Message 11 of 31 (315 Views)
First Son
Registered: 12/05/2012
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013

Lol theres soo much footage on YT of partys exploiting this mess Smiley Very Happy

It was fun when QuickBoom was OP Trololol

Message 12 of 31 (305 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2203 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013

Better question, Why is the Kal-7 still in the game?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 13 of 31 (277 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013
Because it's a legitimate gun. I use it.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 14 of 31 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

I don't want them to remove them. I hate it when devs remove things from a game. I paid for them and I want them.

Removing Dry Docks, intros/outros, Rika/Pinkerton/Redshirt Drake and other stuff was bad enough in the first place...

 

They should give us a ping filter toggle and release UC3 F2P soon. That would fix most lag issues.

 

From a gameplay perspective, I enjoy the Airstrip intro more than London. Spawns need some tweaking, granted, but London is far more annoying for having that teflon-coated train roof.

Seriously, I'd rather stay safe inside the train spawn camping, rather than stay outside and fall off the train. -__-

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 15 of 31 (264 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/22/2010
Offline
1848 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013

These intros aren't going to get fixed though. So as they stand now do you seriously see the intros adding anything to the experience? For me they take away from the experience, to the point where I think from now on I will just sign out of PSN if they appear. 

@Blooddrunk123 No it's not a better question because that gun actually functions as the developer intended. Stop derailing.


tapantaola wrote:

I don't want them to remove them. I hate it when devs remove things from a game. I paid for them and I want them.

Removing Dry Docks, intros/outros, Rika/Pinkerton/Redshirt Drake and other stuff was bad enough in the first place...

 

They should give us a ping filter toggle and release UC3 F2P soon. That would fix most lag issues.

 

From a gameplay perspective, I enjoy the Airstrip intro more than London. Spawns need some tweaking, granted, but London is far more annoying for having that teflon-coated train roof.

Seriously, I'd rather stay safe inside the train spawn camping, rather than stay outside and fall off the train. -__-


I didn't pay to have an awful experience and be forced to play broken gameplay before the actual map loads. I'm happy for things to get removed if it improves the game and keeps the high standard throughout. 

As far as Dry Dock I'm sure it's not the only map idea that got cut. DLC maps that made it are great.

Those cutscene intros/ outros got old after the first watch. Felt like ten seconds of my life were being wasted before every match started, sitting through those pointless things. Very please they got removed.

Skins, you know my view.

Even if the lag was gone there are still the other factors. There's to much that needs fixing and ND has no intention of fixing anything that doesn't bring them financial benefits. The core design of those intros just doesn't work, it's basically a small corridor with ten players thrown in. 

They have no purpose being in this game. 

 

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 16 of 31 (229 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7110 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013

Can't believe people cry about skins...

 

I actually like the few outros they had in the beta, kinda makes me curious how outros for other maps would have played out.

 

I'm kinda doubled-sided when it comes to intros, they are actually fun when they agree to work, but the other 97% of the time I can't stand them and just hide in a corner until they go away. Nothing like seeing 5 people from both teams all spawn in the same spot in the airplane and go into a hectic frenzy...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 17 of 31 (217 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1287 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013

Becareful what you wish for....

 

Those who were around the forums for the UC2 MP might remember a lot of people suggesting an idea for a train level.  Some even wanted a moving train level where occasionally a sign or platform would stick out and kill you if you didn't get out of the way.

 

I really give ND credit to listening to their fans and implementing a suggestion the community wanted.  Too bad the trains were wider.  This would give players more area to run around and less likely to fall off the train.

Message 18 of 31 (201 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4134 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Becareful what you wish for....

 

Those who were around the forums for the UC2 MP might remember a lot of people suggesting an idea for a train level.  Some even wanted a moving train level where occasionally a sign or platform would stick out and kill you if you didn't get out of the way.

 

I really give ND credit to listening to their fans and implementing a suggestion the community wanted.  Too bad the trains were wider.  This would give players more area to run around and less likely to fall off the train.


yep, and i was one of them 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 19 of 31 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

 


tapantaola wrote:

I don't want them to remove them. I hate it when devs remove things from a game. I paid for them and I want them.

Removing Dry Docks, intros/outros, Rika/Pinkerton/Redshirt Drake and other stuff was bad enough in the first place...

 

They should give us a ping filter toggle and release UC3 F2P soon. That would fix most lag issues.

 

From a gameplay perspective, I enjoy the Airstrip intro more than London. Spawns need some tweaking, granted, but London is far more annoying for having that teflon-coated train roof.

Seriously, I'd rather stay safe inside the train spawn camping, rather than stay outside and fall off the train. -__-


I didn't pay to have an awful experience and be forced to play broken gameplay before the actual map loads. I'm happy for things to get removed if it improves the game and keeps the high standard throughout. 

As far as Dry Dock I'm sure it's not the only map idea that got cut. DLC maps that made it are great.

Those cutscene intros/ outros got old after the first watch. Felt like ten seconds of my life were being wasted before every match started, sitting through those pointless things. Very please they got removed.

Skins, you know my view.

Even if the lag was gone there are still the other factors. There's to much that needs fixing and ND has no intention of fixing anything that doesn't bring them financial benefits. The core design of those intros just doesn't work, it's basically a small corridor with ten players thrown in. 

They have no purpose being in this game. 

 


I think we'll have to agree that we disagree, since we come from different backgrounds. You want something more barebones like Counterstrike, which is understandable since you are a Counterstrike vet, while on the other hand I want something different that won't resemble other shooter games. UC2 MP was my first Competitive MP shooter. Granted, ND may have copied a lot of stuff from other games, but those intros are something unique and you won't find that in another game. I give them credit for that.

Here's the thing: I'm willing to embrace innovation, even if that means that I have to sacrifice some of my fun. The first airplanes were bothersome, clunky and problematic in general. Some people endured those early models and that's why we are able to enjoy modern and comfy aircrafts today. If people 100 years ago said "screw those pesky planes, we don't need them!", we wouldn't have air transport today. TL;DR: No pain, no gain.

In the same vein, I don't want to discourage ND to innovate. They will do some mistakes, but that's inevitable with every new concept. They should implement more dynamic events in UC4 MP, but at the same time, they should also implement better netcode to reduce lag and a better spawning algorithm, along with a spawn protection mechanism that will discourage spawn camping/killing.

Also, there are only TWO intros (Airstrip/London) in only ONE mode (Team Deathmatch). I'm not selfish enough to suggest that ALL modes (such as Classic or Plunder) should have intros. So, why do you want to remove those intros from ONE mode? I thought Classic existed for people who don't want to deal with intros, kickbacks, loadouts etc.

I also embraced the concept of voting (although it was poorly implemented, aka separate maps), because it's a middle-ground solution. Sometimes I'll get an intro map, sometimes I won't. Fair enough. Everyone will get what they want once in a while. That's why I've also said that they shouldn't have removed Hardcore, they should have integrated it with Classic, so that everyone will be pleased. When you remove things, you should expect some backlash.

 


TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Becareful what you wish for....

 

Those who were around the forums for the UC2 MP might remember a lot of people suggesting an idea for a train level.  Some even wanted a moving train level where occasionally a sign or platform would stick out and kill you if you didn't get out of the way.

 

I really give ND credit to listening to their fans and implementing a suggestion the community wanted.  Too bad the trains were wider.  This would give players more area to run around and less likely to fall off the train.


You also suggested ... Highrise!!! Smiley Very Happy CRUCIFY HIM!!!!!!111ONEONE

ps1: Seriously, I don't mind Highrise... the ziplines are a bit annoying, though. They need some tweaking.
ps2: Yeah, the trains need to be wider (it just makes sense) and you shouldn't fall off the roof so easily.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 20 of 31 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes