Highlighted
Jan 11 2013
By: PeteX19 Uncharted Territory 1848 posts

Why are the LU and AIrstrip Intros still in this game?

[ Edited ]
30 replies 507 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

They are a disgrace to the game. 

Spawns completely broken

Grenades do not function correctly
Lag is unbearable

Inability to climb, interact with the environment properly

Host quits and the intro restarts

I'm lost for words how a developer could possibly see these intros as being acceptable for player use. It's like they got another development team to make them and just shoved them in with no QA at all. 

Post your cinemas of these intros, show the devs what we have to put up with. I honestly think they're clueless to what actual players experience during these sequences. 

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 1 of 31 (507 Views)
Wastelander
766 posts

Re: Can someone tell me why the hell the LU and AIrstrip Intros are still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013
Yep, I've resorted to hiding when these intros show up so that I don't get all of my deaths from lag, falling off a train, and horrible spawns.

Message 2 of 31 (494 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Re: Can someone tell me why the hell the LU and AIrstrip Intros are still in this game?

Jan 11, 2013
I give them props for trying something new. That said, they were poorly implemented.
Message 3 of 31 (488 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Ya know, the train could be fixed in a large degree by just adding a few more grab areas up top and turning that section into elimination. No re-spawn until the map loads and if all 5 die then the map loads. Same should be done for the plane sequence.

Message 4 of 31 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jan 11, 2013
i would rather see them fixed, which really should have been done a long time ago.

The airstrip was never really broken in the beta though, lag causes issues on that map
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 5 of 31 (467 Views)
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jan 11, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

They are a disgrace to the game. 

Spawns completely broken

Grenades do not function correctly
Lag is unbearable

Inability to climb, interact with the environment properly

Host quits and the intro restarts

I'm lost for words how a developer could possibly see these intros as being acceptable for player use. It's like they got another development team to make them and just shoved them in with no QA at all. 

Post your cinemas of these intros, show the devs what we have to put up with. I honestly think they're clueless to what actual players experience during these sequences. 

Yup, 100% correct. I never vote for them. But hey, it's ND. This game is full of bugs and issues, yet they only care about making stat hats, tournaments and switch DLC priority to make as much green as possible. -_-

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 31 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

kratos_snake__ wrote:
I give them props for trying something new. That said, they were poorly implemented.

I'm more than happy for them trying new ideas. I commend them on that. However if the testing of this idea clearly shows that it doesn't work properly, to the point of sometimes being non-functional, then there's no excuse for keeping that idea in the game.

I completely loath the double damage power player but I respect the decision that this is Naughty Dogs game. The power play does actually work and is functional.

These intros shouldn't exist in patch 1.15

In this situation Naughty Dog should think of the players first.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 7 of 31 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5217 posts

Jan 11, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

kratos_snake__ wrote:

I'm more than happy for them trying new ideas. I commend them on that. However if the testing of this idea clearly shows that it doesn't work properly, to the point of sometimes being non-functional, then there's no excuse for keeping that idea in the game.

I completely loath the double damage power player but I respect the decision that this is Naughty Dogs game. The power play does actually work and is functional.

These intros shouldn't exist now in patch 1.15

Agreed. The intros don't work and Co-op hunters doesn't work either. They were promised features though but again it could have been implemented better.

Message 8 of 31 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7012 posts

Jan 11, 2013

The plane is atrocious for plenty of reasons, but the train on the other hand I actually really like and usually do really good on (and no I don't spawn camp). The only problem with the train is grenades being dropped and moving horizontally from the train moving, and the rolling off the top issue, but even then I usually do pretty good and actually enjoy it.

Screw the plain though. The people in the plain should not have so many cover spaces as they already have the superior playing field. They should have one row of waist high cover and that's it, or nothing at all. Being in a truck is practically a death sentence in itself. Maybe they should lock people from throwing grenades in that intro for the good of everyone though?

Message 9 of 31 (429 Views)
Sackboy
469 posts

Jan 11, 2013

personally, i love the intros, and i never lag, or see people lag on them. and i disagree on the elimination part, because most ot the time i die from falling, not kills.

Sig Code:
Message 10 of 31 (411 Views)
0 Likes