Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Why are cheating and cheap methods not banned from U3 online?

Feb 13, 2013

neuropunk wrote:

camping and sniping ARE abuse.

Camping is a playstyle, the sniper (I assume you mean the dragon) is not cheating. The dragon does not offer you free kills without having to do much, it requires you to have good aim.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 71 of 76 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4172 posts

Feb 13, 2013
Go snap your disk then. We don't need players like you b1tching about everything in this game because you can't outsmart the player using it.

They got a PW? Figure out a way to kill them without getting near them. They got a Sniper? Don't get in their LoS. It's really not hard. I hadn't played in almost 3 weeks and I had no problems outsmarting players with PW's.
Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign
Message 72 of 76 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 13, 2013

runner21 wrote:

neuropunk wrote:

No. If someone uses cheap weapons like snipers the entire match, it's cheating.

Has somebody linked you to the definition of "cheating" yet? I didn't think it would take too long.

I did about 12 times.

Message 73 of 76 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

neuropunk wrote:

I thought the sniper took some skill to use? Even the the dragon requires some form of skill to use. Do you have any idea what cheating is? Cheating is abusing a broken game mechanic (ROF, The airwalk glitch) Cheating is not using power weapons since they are a PART of the game.

Abusing RoF is not cheating, since it's part of the game as well.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 74 of 76 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 13, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

neuropunk wrote:

I thought the sniper took some skill to use? Even the the dragon requires some form of skill to use. Do you have any idea what cheating is? Cheating is abusing a broken game mechanic (ROF, The airwalk glitch) Cheating is not using power weapons since they are a PART of the game.

ROF is a broken game mechanic. When Quick Boom was OP i could've said that its not OP because its part of the game.

Message 75 of 76 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

neuropunk wrote:

ROF is a broken game mechanic. When Quick Boom was OP i could've said that its not OP because its part of the game.

No one has been banned for using an in-game mechanic, though... that was my point. On the other hand, airwalking and wall hacking are not established game mechanics.

Blindfire is broken as well, but ND says it's not a widespread problem. If the leader is corrupted/greedy in the first place and has set questionable rules, then there's nothing you can do. You cannot change their rules, but you can stop supporting them financially.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 76 of 76 (113 Views)