Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Why are cheating and cheap methods not banned from U3 online?

Feb 2, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Because ND doesn't care about ethics, they only care about money (i.e. tournament tickets).

Not just ND, tap. Most companies employ the Money > Ethics strategy.

I've never seen another company implementing broken and luck-based BS like tickets or treasures. Not even Activision.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 31 of 76 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1199 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I also wish this game would offer less cheapness. But we can't do anything about it. ND thought it would help newbies but actually it just helps the good players even more. A better player will always be a better player, no matter what you do. If ND gives newbies an easy way to kill, be certain that good players will find a way to abuse such methods with more success. In the end, all the cheapness just makes the game more annoying...

I try not to be cheap, but when I get my kickback, I use it. When I find a power weapon, I'd rather pick it up myself than to get killed by it a minute later. What ruins this game even more are those who camp the power weapon spawns, maybe even with power hunter, and do nothing else but to spam these weapons. And if they don't have a PW, they hide and use the ridiculous Para9 blindfire (the overpowered punch often isn't even necessary anymore).

I always said that we should either have PWs on the map or kickbacks but not both. Nothing will change at this point though. This game is and will always be a power weapon festival...

Message 32 of 76 (295 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 2, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Because ND doesn't care about ethics, they only care about money (i.e. tournament tickets).

Not just ND, tap. Most companies employ the Money > Ethics strategy.

I've never seen another company implementing broken and luck-based BS like tickets or treasures. Not even Activision.

Something just as close, though.

"For $[insert numbers], you can buy every single weapon that people worked so hard to do and see you spam it!"

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 33 of 76 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Feb 2, 2013
All I can say is go get the PWs before they do. Even if you don't like them.

It's not cheating. Its just a part of THIS game. And unfortunately the PWs are a crutch for the "good" players.
Message 34 of 76 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 2, 2013

neuropunk wrote:

cheap tactics is cheating. Sorry but it is. How I view spamming of shotguns, snipers and explosives is the exact same as cheating. 

Also, how do some of those players seem to ALWAYS HAVE RPGs? How do you always have one?????????????????????

ND could prevent players from doing that with not allowing those types of weapons in plunder, or options to customize making a match or joining in matches. 

"Cheating" is doing something that is not allowed in a game. Spamming shotguns, snipers, and explosives isn't cheating regardless of what you think. It is allowed, whether it is frowned upon or not. An example of cheating would be exploiting glitches like the air-walk glitch or using a lag switch. Do kickbacks ruin this game? Maybe. But are they the cheating? No, not in any way, shape, or form. Your idea of cheating is not cheating. When talking to other humans it is best to use words in there actual meaning. Otherwise, those characters you're typing lose meaning all together, and that wouldn't be good at all.

At some point you will have to realise that uncharted is chocked full of BS, and that the only thing you can do to those exploiters is to have as much fun as possible regardless of what they use and how they use it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 35 of 76 (245 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Feb 2, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

neuropunk wrote:

cheap tactics is cheating. Sorry but it is. How I view spamming of shotguns, snipers and explosives is the exact same as cheating. 

Also, how do some of those players seem to ALWAYS HAVE RPGs? How do you always have one?????????????????????

ND could prevent players from doing that with not allowing those types of weapons in plunder, or options to customize making a match or joining in matches. 

"Cheating" is doing something that is not allowed in a game. Spamming shotguns, snipers, and explosives isn't cheating regardless of what you think. It is allowed, whether it is frowned upon or not. An example of cheating would be exploiting glitches like the air-walk glitch or using a lag switch. Do kickbacks ruin this game? Maybe. But are they the cheating? No, not in any way, shape, or form. Your idea of cheating is not cheating. When talking to other humans it is best to use words in there actual meaning. Otherwise, those characters you're typing lose meaning all together, and that wouldn't be good at all.

At some point you will have to realise that uncharted is chocked full of BS, and that the only thing you can do to those exploiters is to have as much fun as possible regardless of what they use and how they use it. 

Exactly, if using Power Weapons were "cheating" ND would have removed them a long time ago. Power weapons are really there to help your team out more than yourself. Being an objectives player, you have no idea how effective even a pistole can be in that gamemode. Power Weapons have always been in Uncharted and they are not going to be taken out anytime soon.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 36 of 76 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 2, 2013
**bleep**, so if i use. RPG in coop, i cheat??

oh **bleep** Smiley Sad

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 37 of 76 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1930 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

neuropunk wrote:

Exactly, if using Power Weapons were "cheating" ND would have removed them a long time ago. Power weapons are really there to help your team out more than yourself. Being an objectives player, you have no idea how effective even a pistole can be in that gamemode. Power Weapons have always been in Uncharted and they are not going to be taken out anytime soon.

Pistole is lethal in all modes most people just can't use it effectively. I got a Rampant and I think 10-15 of my kills were of the pistole...

Message 38 of 76 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 2, 2013
bravo far, we dont care you got a rampant. this is a tread where you use a power weapon and you cheat

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 39 of 76 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7264 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I killed someone with a shotgun today... I hope ND doesn't ban me for cheating Smiley Sad

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 40 of 76 (206 Views)
0 Likes