Sep 22 2012
By: con_j1 First Son 2 posts

Why Uncharted Online Sucks (most of the time)

12 replies 560 views Edited Sep 22, 2012

- Automatching

More often than not, I find myself automatched against alongside a team or fresh level 10s and 20s against a full party or maxed out 75*s. And even when the opposing team isn't partied up, I still find myself on the weaker team. I don't understand how hard it is to find 10 equally matched players and play with them, or to take the levels you do have and EVENLY divide them.

- Gameplay

I don't know if its the internet connection of the opponent or my own, but ever since 1.14 came out I find that it takes around 20 M9 bullets to kill an enemy, yet somehow he is able to finish me in 3 shots?! And similarly with grenades; I will have a good 3 metres clearing of one and die, where my enemies will have it right up their *ss and still require two melee strikes.

With headshot, I don't understand why they don't do instant kills, a headshot's a headshot. 

I seem to activate a Tournament Ticket before a TDM, I do well and my ticket refuses to be spent. I do bad and I leave a game and only THEN does my ticket use itsef up!

Just recently this has started happening also, I die, then just as I respawn, I get killed by a grenade from where I previously died which is all the across the map. Then once the confusion has ended, I go find and engage some enemies then I teleport to a random spot in the map about 2-3 times before it fixes itself.

The treasures I need never appear, I keep getting the ones I already have!

And finally regeneration; I take some hits, I find cover and the colour returns to my screen so I reengage. But my health hasn't regenerated and I die in one hit. The regen doesn't give the health back as you wait and recover, it waits until a certain has passed then gives you it all back at once. This means that even if the screen has half its colour back, indicating what you'd assume is half health; you're only one bullet away from death.

- Solutions

Obviously to fix some bugs, but what game isn't always trying to fix them.

Why not just have a lobbying system? Have it so anyone can create a chain of game modes/maps with custom settings that anyone can join rather than needing a party. Have level restrictions (e.g.. If you're level 50, have 50±10 meaning only levels 40-60 can join)

And also the whole regeneration thing, otherwise you may as well not bother finding cover and accept your inevitable death.

Other than this, the game is good.

Message 1 of 13 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Re: Why Uncharted Online Sucks (most of the time)

Sep 22, 2012

con_j1 wrote:

- Automatching

More often than not, I find myself automatched against alongside a team or fresh level 10s and 20s against a full party or maxed out 75*s. And even when the opposing team isn't partied up, I still find myself on the weaker team. I don't understand how hard it is to find 10 equally matched players and play with them, or to take the levels you do have and EVENLY divide them.

Level based searching was in Uncharted 2 but it was removed in Uncharted 3 because so many people abused it by making new accounts so they could play against beginners. Not Naughty Dog's fault, The players ruined it.

- Gameplay

I don't know if its the internet connection of the opponent or my own, but ever since 1.14 came out I find that it takes around 20 M9 bullets to kill an enemy, yet somehow he is able to finish me in 3 shots?! And similarly with grenades; I will have a good 3 metres clearing of one and die, where my enemies will have it right up their *ss and still require two melee strikes.

Probably lagg

With headshot, I don't understand why they don't do instant kills, a headshot's a headshot. 

Worst idea I heard this month, The sniper would be completely useless. Weapons like the Kal and the M9 always get 1 lucky headshot each fight due to the recoil. So weapons with the most rate of fire would be OP since they probably get the first LUCKY headshot. Its not Call Of Duty -_-

I seem to activate a Tournament Ticket before a TDM, I do well and my ticket refuses to be spent. I do bad and I leave a game and only THEN does my ticket use itsef up!

I used a lot of tickets and they always worked fine.

Just recently this has started happening also, I die, then just as I respawn, I get killed by a grenade from where I previously died which is all the across the map. Then once the confusion has ended, I go find and engage some enemies then I teleport to a random spot in the map about 2-3 times before it fixes itself.

Its a glitch that happens VERY rarely. If you say this happens you more than 2 times a day you obviously lie.

Well maybe its because there are rare treasures and common treasures ^^ Its likely that you have the commons already and still need the rares.

And finally regeneration; I take some hits, I find cover and the colour returns to my screen so I reengage. But my health hasn't regenerated and I die in one hit. The regen doesn't give the health back as you wait and recover, it waits until a certain has passed then gives you it all back at once. This means that even if the screen has half its colour back, indicating what you'd assume is half health; you're only one bullet away from death.

Regeneration is broken, It only works in coop.

- Solutions

Not sure what you mean.

Why not just have a lobbying system? Have it so anyone can create a chain of game modes/maps with custom settings that anyone can join rather than needing a party. Have level restrictions (e.g.. If you're level 50, have 50±10 meaning only levels 40-60 can join)

Yes lets just give away free kills and wins. Let everyone just unlock all the trophies when they start the game since they are so easy to boost. 100+ Kdr's and Wlr's would be everywhere since its so easy to boost. Everyone would reach max level by boosting kills on others with double neg's on and it would be a lot harder to find a normal game since there are so many boosting sessions.

And also the whole regeneration thing, otherwise you may as well not bother finding cover and accept your inevitable death.

No offence, But some of those are terrible idea's that would break the game.

Message 2 of 13 (544 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Didn't bother to read because I'm sick and tired of ungrateful whiners

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 3 of 13 (531 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Stentryk. Why would you post that if you didn't read it?

Hah gayyyy
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 4 of 13 (487 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

- Automatching

Level based searching was in Uncharted 2 but it was removed in Uncharted 3 because so many people abused it by making new accounts so they could play against beginners. Not Naughty Dog's fault, The players ruined it.

But with Uncharted 3, they introduced network passes which means you'd need to pay £8 to make a new account.

- Gameplay

Probably lag

Worst idea I heard this month, The sniper would be completely useless. Weapons like the Kal and the M9 always get 1 lucky headshot each fight due to the recoil. So weapons with the most rate of fire would be OP since they probably get the first LUCKY headshot. Its not Call Of Duty -_-

How would the sniper be useless? It still does damage and two shot kills, and it already kills you in a headshot straight away.

I seem to activate a Tournament Ticket before a TDM, I do well and my ticket refuses to be spent. I do bad and I leave a game and only THEN does my ticket use itself up!

Its a glitch that happens VERY rarely. If you say this happens you more than 2 times a day you obviously lie.

Not two times a day, around two times in a match, and one match every two or three days.

Well maybe its because there are rare treasures and common treasures ^^ Its likely that you have the commons already and still need the rares.

There's rare and there's non-existent. I've been playing since December and still not got my treasure even with Treasure Hunter Booster on.

- Solutions

Not sure what you mean.

Why not just have a lobbying system? Have it so anyone can create a chain of game modes/maps with custom settings that anyone can join rather than needing a party. Have level restrictions (e.g... If you're level 50, have 50±10 meaning only levels 40-60 can join)

Yes lets just give away free kills and wins. Let everyone just unlock all the trophies when they start the game since they are so easy to boost. 100+ Kdr's and Wlr's would be everywhere since its so easy to boost. Everyone would reach max level by boosting kills on others with double neg's on and it would be a lot harder to find a normal game since there are so many boosting sessions.

Alright, rather than having a climbing level system, just have you level penalized when you do badly or leave in a sulk. That way it gives a more accurate representation of someone's skills because anyone can eventually climb to the top levels. Even if people boosted, they'd still be bad in real life, so they could only keep their boosted level if they were good enough.

Message 5 of 13 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Sep 22, 2012

con_j1 wrote:

- Automatching

But with Uncharted 3, they introduced network passes which means you'd need to pay £8 to make a new account.

Network passes are system-based and not account-based.

- Gameplay

Probably lag

How would the sniper be useless? It still does damage and two shot kills, and it already kills you in a headshot straight away.

Yes thats exactly why. It kills in 1 headshot but if all guns did that it would be pointless.

I seem to activate a Tournament Ticket before a TDM, I do well and my ticket refuses to be spent. I do bad and I leave a game and only THEN does my ticket use itself up!

Not two times a day, around two times in a match, and one match every two or three days.

I played in the Uncharted >2< Beta and played ever since. I and can say you that in both Uncharted 2 AND 3 it only happened to me around 10 times.

There's rare and there's non-existent. I've been playing since December and still not got my treasure even with Treasure Hunter Booster on.

Some treasures are more rare than others and thats just a fact.

- Solutions

Not sure what you mean.

Why not just have a lobbying system? Have it so anyone can create a chain of game modes/maps with custom settings that anyone can join rather than needing a party. Have level restrictions (e.g... If you're level 50, have 50±10 meaning only levels 40-60 can join)

Yes lets just give away free kills and wins. Let everyone just unlock all the trophies when they start the game since they are so easy to boost. 100+ Kdr's and Wlr's would be everywhere since its so easy to boost. Everyone would reach max level by boosting kills on others with double neg's on and it would be a lot harder to find a normal game since there are so many boosting sessions.

Alright, rather than having a climbing level system, just have you level penalized when you do badly or leave in a sulk. That way it gives a more accurate representation of someone's skills because anyone can eventually climb to the top levels. Even if people boosted, they'd still be bad in real life, so they could only keep their boosted level if they were good enough.

Not if they boost it up again. Or when its Kdr based and they would start with 5K kills 0 deaths they would have a higher Kdr from the start.

Message 6 of 13 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Sep 22, 2012
The fact that u can blindfire weapons and grenades and get quicker and easier kills than by aiming is disturbing enough. I love this game, but it can get extremely annoying. Most of my uncharted friends rarely get on; if they do its for a few matches. Even I'm starting to play other games now, when uncharted used to be all i played. Everybody hates the LAG from the foreigners with weak connection. Why not match them up against each other then? the biggest complaint all my online friends talk about besides blindfire is lag. It cant be more OBVIOUS!
Message 7 of 13 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Sep 22, 2012

One reason, someone is ALWAYS behind you.

Message 8 of 13 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
354 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Heres my list of what I think makes this game suck sometimes, and it's long:

Offensive kickbacks + loads of power weapons on every map. The game should have had either power weapon pick ups OR kickbacks, NOT BOTH.

Insane blindfire accuracy. Why on earth is blindfire so effective? Whether your on the ground or in mid-air, nearly all of your blindfired bullets with hit. Recently more and more players have even been steelfisting me with a Dragon sniper! And to add insult to injury, if you look in the Tips section of the MP, one of the tips is "Aiming is always more accurate than running and gunning." Biggest lie I've ever heard.

Booster leveling. The boosters should have stayed like they were in U2. For example, U2 Scoped In reduced pain wobble. Now, in U3, Scoped In can be leveled up to the point where there is NO pain wobble. Things like this don't reward players for having better aim or smarter tactics. It just depends on who has the better booster.

Sprinting. The sprint duration is too long and the recovery time is too short. Sprinting is much too effective the way it is.

Aim assist. Obviously it's needed on consoles, but the amount we have now is too much. Needs toned down.

Cover system. The animation to go into cover is way too slow, and causes lag deaths left and right. Standing against a wall is 10000x more effective then taking cover. Why ND? 

Power plays. I like the concept, but it was executed so poorly. The winning team hides during the minute, and if the losing team manages to find the opposition, the get jumped on by the entire camping winning side.

Glitches. This game is filled to the brim with glitches. I don't think I need to explain further.

Assists. Why can I pump a guy full of bullets only to have my teammate shoot him once and get the kill? The person who did the most damage deserves the kill. Simple as that.

Spawning. Its fine for the most part, but there are times when the spawn system completely breaks. You can literally be spawned in the middle of a gunfight, or be spawned kill over and over (I'm looking at you, Syria). 

Rate of fire. There are already a ton of threads about this, and they all say the same thing. Remove RoF. Period.

Melee. Why does it take only two melees to kill? Last I knew, bullets would kill someone more quickly than hitting them. If U4 is made, melee should be four hits to kill or removed. This would also lessen wack n' rolling.

Stats. They should be removed completely. That might sound a little absurd, but stats have almost completely ruined this game. The amount of stat quitting is crazy. I even have friends who sign out when they go negative by two or three kills. I've had to delete some players because of their obsession with their stats. It's gotten to the point where almost every player has or is an alt account that plays solely for stats. I think if stats were removed, people would play to win, and not to inflate a stupid number.

Cinema. This is a minor complaint, but why is cinema so lacking? It doesn't show damage taken, hit markers, the ammo indicator and other things. It's very glitchy when trying to rewind, and most of the time it freezes my console. Not sure if this happens to other players though.

Thats all I can think of now, but I'm sure there are other things I forgot to mention

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 9 of 13 (300 Views)
Sackboy
537 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
 the biggest complaint all my online friends talk about besides blindfire is lag. It cant be more OBVIOUS!

some people turn to blind fire/run and gun precisely because of lag, there's a lot of half decent players like myself with superb connections that will have a one to one with the enemy where (everything being equal) would need to hit them 6 times as opposed to them only having to hit me 3 times for the kill

Dude I've even had pigeons drop on me where their shots and been so goddamn high and off target, yet they get a kill from it

So having to zig zag about to dodge bullets from a pointless battle with a one shot wonder or sponge is gonna lead to blind firing

I've pretty much mastered blind-firing and can usually get the majority kills in a match, although I can be pretty much torn apart by an experienced non lag lucky long gunner

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 10 of 13 (259 Views)