Feb 13 2013
By: Reonista Hekseville Citizen 197 posts

Why I can't play this game

[ Edited ]
44 replies 728 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

I've been playing Uncharted ever since it came out.
I'm not new to the series nor do I lack the "skill" to play it. 
With that in mind, refrain from encouraging me to aquire "skills" or calling me a "noob".

My concerns with this title is that ND have abandoned the very elements that made the previous titles so popular in order to desperately try to aquire the same players that buy the CoD games every year.

A gameplay that contained balance and that required the player to master pretty much every aspect of the game in order to perform well has been replace with a game that ANYONE can pick up and do well in....anyone with a bad connection that is willing to resort to faulty game mechanics that is.

My biggest concern is the lag issue. Now I know that you will experience lag in almost every MP.

However, this game makes no effort to sort out the people with bad connections from the ones with decent ones, in short - ND's matchmaking is poorly programmed and punishes people with connections from this century, we all know this....except the laggers of course. They will simply point out that you need to get skills.
Tell me, which booster have you unlocked that allow you to punch me while I'm roll-dodging?
Or what weapon mod that allows you to shoot me through cover/around walls?
How come you get 17 feet arms that throwback my grenade, despite you and me playing in different maps?

Infinite quickbooms? I wish I had those Smiley Sad 

If ND won't do anything about the blindfire, at least let me play with people that I can kill with the same tactics.

EVERY game I get into nowadays have people with the following langauges in their profiles:

Spanish
Portuguese (Brazil)
Japanese
English (United States) <--- Middle East guys

NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH!
I want to play with guys from the US or Europe at least.

In these games that I get thrown into, the following occurs:

- I spot laggy player number 1, I put in quite the amount of bullets into him. 
He sprints away around a corner. o_O
I sprint after him, he comes out, shoots me TWICE and I die.

- I spot laggy player number 2. He fires off his T-Bolt 5 feet to my side. I still die......

- I spot laggy player number 3. He rushes through my shots while blindfiring with his RoF M9. As he gets close, I roll backwards.....he punches the air so hard that I die.

I want to play this game with my friends more than I can, but right now...whenever I play a game in this forsaken game:

Edit: Removed Profanity

U--J 

Message 1 of 45 (728 Views)
Fender Bender
3544 posts

Re: Why I can't play this game

Feb 13, 2013
Do you feel me?

Message 2 of 45 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Feb 13, 2013

The meme... made me give you kudos Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 45 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Well, I CAN play this game.

I kind of got used to the problems ...

Message 4 of 45 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Reonista wrote:

With that in mind, refrain from encouraging me to aquire "skills" or calling me a "noob".

My concerns with this title is that ND have abandoned the very elements that made the previous titles so popular in order to desperately try to aquire the same players that buy the CoD games every year.

A gameplay that contained balance and that required the player to master pretty much every aspect of the game in order to perform well has been replace with a game that ANYONE can pick up and do well in....anyone with a bad connection that is willing to resort to faulty game mechanics that is.

My biggest concern is the lag issue. Now I know that you will experience lag in almost every MP.

However, this game makes no effort to sort out the people with bad connections from the ones with decent ones, in short - ND's matchmaking is poorly programmed and punishes people with connections from this century, we all know this....except the laggers of course. They will simply point out that you need to get skills.
Tell me, which booster have you unlocked that allow you to punch me while I'm roll-dodging?
How come you get 17 feet arms that throwback my grenade, despite you and me playing in different maps?

If ND won't do anything about the blindfire, at least let me play with people that I can kill with the same tactics.

EVERY game I get into nowadays have people with the following langauges in their profiles:

Spanish
Portuguese (Brazil)
Japanese

NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH!

- I spot laggy player number 2. He fires off his T-Bolt 5 feet to my side. I still die......

- I spot laggy player number 3. He rushes through my shots while blindfiring with his RoF M9. As he gets close, I roll backwards.....he punches the air so hard that I die.

I want to play this game with my friends more than I can, but right now...whenever I play a game in this forsaken game:

U--J 

Pretty much sums it up....

I know your a very good player.....You've been on my friend list for quite awhile Smiley Happy

You've pretty much summed it up.  I mean, when I played U2, I felt like I got a lot better at that game as time went on.  However, in this game, I feel like I've gotten worse.  Maybe it's because I refuse to use ROF mods, spam kickbacks and roll around the whole match.        

The lag, blindfiring and melee has just gotten brutal.  

I still enjoy playing it, but can only take competitive in moderation these days.  I've been playing a lot of coop...Much less frustrating and usually people there are just playing to have fun.

Message 5 of 45 (674 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
289 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

tts42572 wrote:

Reonista wrote:

Spanish
Portuguese (Brazil)
Japanese

NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH!

U--J 

Pretty much sums it up....

I know your a very good player.....You've been on my friend list for quite awhile Smiley Happy

You've pretty much summed it up.  I mean, when I played U2, I felt like I got a lot better at that game as time went on.  However, in this game, I feel like I've gotten worse.  Maybe it's because I refuse to use ROF mods, spam kickbacks and roll around the whole match.        

The lag, blindfiring and melee has just gotten brutal.  

I still enjoy playing it, but can only take competitive in moderation these days.  I've been playing a lot of coop...Much less frustrating and usually people there are just playing to have fun.

Ya know, I was just thinking the same exact thing last night when I was playing. "Am I acutally getting worse at this game?" Uncharted 3 is my first online multiplayer game. I didn't even play the Uncharted series until I bought the U3 PS3 bundle black friday 2011. I played U2 online for maybe a week (played more in the last couple months that I ever did back then). Then jumped into U3 I would say around December 2011 or January 2012.

To the point, I was HORRIBLE at this game. I never ran with a party, didn't know how to aim correctly, switch weapons, reload at wrong times, never used cover or corners. At one point I was nearly 5000 in the hole as far as KDR goes. Then suddenly, I began to improve and learned certain dynamics of the game and began to go positive just about all the time and won and carried alot of matches for my team.

Fast forward to present day, I am roughly 5-6 thousands kill in the positve for my KDR and would say I'm an average to above average player, in my opinion. But lately, its becoming evident that 9/10 I will run into M9 ROF + QB+ LAG. It literally pisses me off to the highest level that as sorry as I once was to improve my aim and use the Pirate AK to improve my gameplay that people can get away with the crap they do with the M9+ROF. I can't tell you how many times I have been gunned down from AMAZING distances due to them just spraying bullets in my general direction, or me shooting them dead chest and neck, while they are zig zag running at me to melee and I die and they just run away like nothing happens.

I realize that is mostly due to lag, but it's just ridiculous man that now I have actually considered giving up my favorite game because for me personally, I can't bring myself to use those tactics. Not knocking anyone who uses it, because if its in the game, by all means it's fair game, but I just wish ND would do something to balance it out a little bit more. Ya know, i wonder if the ones at ND who work on the patches who are still engaged with this title actually play online. Not at their office, LAN version, but actually jump on the PSN just like the rest of us do and play their title. Have they experienced the near instant deaths when you have taken no damage at all and some laggy **bleep** M9 ROF's you and melee kills you before you screen can even register you have been damaged. Or have they experienced when you are clearly around a corner, completely out of someones line of sight to only fall dead seconds later, same thing goes for grenandes, ESPECIALLY revenge grenades. Let me just stop, I have already typed WAY to much and I could go on for hours!!

Message 6 of 45 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 13, 2013
wanna a tip?

play coop and always with your best buddy. A lot of problem disapear Smiley Wink

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 7 of 45 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 13, 2013
buddies*

Message 8 of 45 (658 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
289 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Co-Op is now just unbearable for me to play. I played it alot initially to get better with aiming and learning dynamics of the game. Now I just play it to finish off some last treasure sets, after that I will NEVER play anything Co-Op ever again. Unless they do another legacy level, in which Co-Op is the fastest way to level up, then I may consider it if I care that much about leveling up again.

Message 9 of 45 (655 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 13, 2013
nah, when you see bunshing writing coop..

he means speedrun haha, not coop for fun Smiley Tongue

anyway, its true that coop without speed is
boring

Message 10 of 45 (652 Views)
0 Likes