Jul 20 2012
By: astroman98765 Sackboy 531 posts

Why Does Everyone Jack my Kills?

[ Edited ]
47 replies 425 views Edited Jul 20, 2012

I'm back again to complain, sadly enough -__-

I have been doing what all you guys have suggested me to do to help me do better, and for the most part, your tips work. For the most part. Evertime I try to get a kill, someone from ANY distance on the map takes my kills. I havent had a single kill for 5 games now. And yes I did switch my lobbies. I start off by shooting, and then the rest of my team comes in like a pack of dogs ready to eat. It makes me want to kickbox a baby to say the least. Even if I'm right in front of the person, someone cuts in front of me and takes the kill. Now I know kills arent everything, and I have to work together with my teamates, but seriously its very iritating. When I first started playing I noticed it more and more and now its to the point where I'm seriously about to go back to co-op. I use an M9 mostly, sometimes an AK. I think its that it takes so many bullets to kill in this game or something.

You guys have been very helpful before, and now if I can just manage to get my own kills I would be an above average player

(By the way, I understand the way of "whoever sees him first get him", and thats how I play, but everyone just sees my shooting, and runs to whoever I am aiming at, hoping to get those last bullets on, to take the kill. Also, it seems everytime someone on my team deverts their attention to the guy I'm on, I usually get killed because they are only focusing on the guy I am focusing on. Then they take that kill after I'm dead)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kal 7 Expert, Master of Sarcasm, Maker of TheGamerFromSpace Community Project
Message 1 of 48 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Re: Why Does Everyone Jack my Kills?

Jul 20, 2012
Maybe your are missing to much? Using the wrong weapon?

And in this game is not whoever see him first get the kill but whoever has more skill gets the kill, sure sometimes theres a bit of luck involved but skill is the most important factor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 48 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Doesn't matter. You play to have fun and win, right? Individual scores mean nothing. You either win AS A TEAM or lose AS A TEAM. If you won all of those games I wouldn't worry what your personal score is.
Message 3 of 48 (412 Views)
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Jul 20, 2012

astroman98765 wrote:

I'm back again to complain, sadly enough -__-

I have been doing what all you guys have suggested me to do to help me do better, and for the most part, your tips work. For the most part. Evertime I try to get a kill, someone from ANY distance on the map takes my kills. I havent had a single kill for 5 games now. And yes I did switch my lobbies. Since in Uncharted it takes so many bullets to kill, I start off by shooting, and then the rest of my team comes in like a pack of dogs ready to eat. It makes me want to kickbox a baby to say the least. Even if I'm right in front of the person, someone cuts in front of my and takes the kill. Now I know kills arent everything, and I have to work together with my teamates, but seriously its very iritating. When I first started playing I noticed it more and more and now its to the point where I'm seriously about to go back to co-op. I use an M9 mostly, sometimes an AK. I think its that it takes so many bullets to kill in this game or something.

You guys have been very helpful before, and now if I can just manage to get my own kills I would be an above average player

(By the way, I understand the way of "whoever sees him first get him", and thats how I play, but everyone just sees my shooting, and runs to whoever I am aiming at, hoping to get those last bullets on, to take the kill. Also, it seems everytime someone on my team deverts their attention to the guy I'm on, I usually get killed because they are only focusing on the guy I am focusing on. Then they take that kill after I'm dead)

If you die and someone else takes it there is not much to do about it.

I've had matches in which a lot of kills got stolen. my record is 13 assists in 1 match. But 5 matches in a row no kills is really bad. how many assists did you get in them? Because there is not much to do about it :/

Message 4 of 48 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Jul 20, 2012
Haha don't worry your a good teammate, you get high assists.
Message 5 of 48 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Jul 20, 2012

Its not really missing, I'll start missing when the person moves back and fourth, but when someone gets it then it doesnt bother me. I start shooting, and someone will get the kill with like, one bullet because I had so much damage on them already. I understand the skill thing, which I'm not full of as of now, but if I'm shooting at a non-moving target, you'd thing I would get the kill.

Message 6 of 48 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Jul 20, 2012

I had quite a lot of assists. More then my deaths, which was pretty high. Somewhere between like 7-13 assists per game :I

Message 7 of 48 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jul 20, 2012

My advice would be

1) Dont start firing till your recticule is ON the enemy. When you press L1, then start firing, and THEN aim to the enemy...well by that time your teammates will have time to mow down the guy first.

2) embrace the fact that you are helping your team by earning assists. I mean, you helped kill the enemy after all, and thats the goal, isnt it? You will get better.

3) Watch good player's cinemas. Helps a LOT.

4) Get out of TDM, where all the best shots hang out. Try Plunder of Team Objective to get the hang of gun fights (but please, play to the objective too!).

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 8 of 48 (396 Views)
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Jul 20, 2012

astroman98765 wrote:

Its not really missing, I'll start missing when the person moves back and fourth, but when someone gets it then it doesnt bother me. I start shooting, and someone will get the kill with like, one bullet because I had so much damage on them already. I understand the skill thing, which I'm not full of as of now, but if I'm shooting at a non-moving target, you'd thing I would get the kill.

If 2 people shoot at it there is a 50% chance you get it, 33% with 3 people and so on.

It doesn't matter if you shot first or more bullets. its just luck.

Message 9 of 48 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Jul 20, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:
Doesn't matter. You play to have fun and win, right? Individual scores mean nothing. You either win AS A TEAM or lose AS A TEAM. If you won all of those games I wouldn't worry what your personal score is.

This is true, but then it seems as though I did nothing, and my KDR, which I care about drops like a rock

Message 10 of 48 (387 Views)
0 Likes