Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Re: Who the **** thought it's a good idea to be able to throwback a grenade that's 8 feet away from

Feb 15, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
The real problem I have is that people are throwing back my grenades that have been on the ground for about 3 seconds. Smiley Indifferent

Because the one thing ND likes more than blatantly broken mechanics, is letting your fate be decided by a randomly setting timer that could potentially always give you no time and your enemies extra time ;D

It works great. Just like all the other things in this game that are pretty luck based. You know, like treasures and matchmaking.

Message 21 of 30 (260 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

Re: Who the **** thought it's a good idea to be able to throwback a grenade that's 8 feet away from

Feb 15, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
The real problem I have is that people are throwing back my grenades that have been on the ground for about 3 seconds. Smiley Indifferent

Ohhhh man, this.

Message 22 of 30 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Its funny how people talk about grenades being as useful as a noob without a gun, but i have almost 2000 frag em medals. 

People exaggerate. That's not to say that grenades aren't underpowered.

Grenades were never underpowed, Some players just cant use them right.

True, but the range of a throwback is a little extreme too.

The throwback range is the same as the knock down range (where you don't get killed -if you have full health-, but it can still damage you and knock you down -if you don't have Team Safe bronze at least-).

I think it's fine, unless you're are talking about obvious lag.

GamerAlexz wrote:
I only see that with mega bombs and cluster bombs. I'm father away from the bomb, while my teammate is 1 feet from it, but still able to throw it back.

Cluster/Mega bombs have a bigger range, so that makes sense.

If that wasn't the case, people would cry that they are OP... yes, I know that they are kickbacks, but don't forget that many people already whine too much about kickbacks.

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

No offense, but are you sure that your connection is not the culprit in that case?

Flashing grenades staying on the ground for many seconds is caused by lag usually...

Apart from lag (which ruins every single mechanic on this game), I have no grenade-related complaints. I try to use them strategically (as a distraction or Bank'n'Boom) and sparingly, since they are not so abundant as in UC2 MP.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 23 of 30 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6712 posts

Feb 15, 2013

My main problem is that people have time to kill me, taunt, write an autobiography, sip a cup of tea, and take a nap before they throwback my unbanked grenade.

Feet
Message 24 of 30 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19749 posts

Feb 15, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

No offense, but are you sure that your connection is not the culprit in that case?

Not in the slightest, especially since several other people reinforced my post.

Message 25 of 30 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Not in the slightest, especially since several other people reinforced my post.

TBH, I think they're over exaggerating a bit... especially sanddude's post. No grenade can stay in the ground for 3 seconds. I'd love to see a video.

Believe it or not, I know plenty of (casual) players who cannot throwback grenades in Competitive MP. Yes, it may seem easy if you are a tryhard/vet/experienced player, but it's not that easy for others.

If you want to see ridiculously easy throwbacks, then you have to play the Campaign on Easy or Very Easy.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 26 of 30 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19749 posts

Feb 15, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

TBH, I think they're over exaggerating a bit... especially sanddude's post. No grenade can stay in the ground for 3 seconds. I'd love to see a video.

It probably is over exaggerated, but at times, it really does feel like the grenade should have exploded and that the enemy should be dead, not throwing it back when it should have exploded. Smiley Indifferent

Message 27 of 30 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6712 posts

Feb 15, 2013

well some grenades do appear as they haved mixed timers. I assume it's due to lag, as you have those that literaly seem to explode on contact almost like quickboom, you have those that take quite a few seconds to blow up, and those others that just stay frozen in that spot for the whole game. Not to mention the ones blowing up IN your hand, as in you do the animation of picking up the grenade yet it still explodes.

Feet
Message 28 of 30 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 15, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

well some grenades do appear as they haved mixed timers. I assume it's due to lag, as you have those that literaly seem to explode on contact almost like quickboom, you have those that take quite a few seconds to blow up, and those others that just stay frozen in that spot for the whole game. Not to mention the ones blowing up IN your hand, as in you do the animation of picking up the grenade yet it still explodes.

Agreed.

Laggers seem to have QB by default sometimes, lol. When I see 1-2 bar players in the lobby, I tend to avoid using grenades and CQC tactics. I know that they will be worthless.

Message 29 of 30 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I tend to agree that the range is a bit too far for unbanked nades. I will honestly say there are times where a nade has been thrown at me and I can throw it back and it has to be at least 8-10ft from me, but I just use my go go gadget arm and throw it back.

As far as the timer goes, LAG has to be the issue 99% of the time. I have never actually counted the actual seconds, but sometimes you throw a nade or even poop out one during a roll and engage in CQC, while the nade is there and end up dieing and the enemy still has time to throw it to the side. Also LAG has to be the issue when you throw a grenade and the enemy doesn't even throw it back, they just stand there then sprint away and then the grenade actually explodes. Usually more times than not, later in the match you will see 2-3 nades just sitting there blinking but never explode.

I could possibly learn to live with the above, if they (ND) could find a way to eliminate the picking up a gun when trying to pick up a grenade. I die at least 4-5 times while playing from this very thing, not a match, but on average when I play I play for around 2-3 hours.

Message 30 of 30 (159 Views)
0 Likes