Keyblade Wielder
6805 posts

Re: Who's moving to TLOU?

Jan 28, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Either way, Grand Theft Auto 5 multiplayer will do to TLoU what Max Payne 3 did to UC3. Smiley Happy

so GTA's multiplayer will suck and keep people on TLoU?

Feet
Message 61 of 70 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 28, 2013
No, no. GTA multiplayer would be overhyped by some forumers leading up to its release. Some try the game out, complain how bad it is compared to TLoU, go back here. The people who then hyped the game eventually stopped talking about the game.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 62 of 70 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/24/the-last-of-us-demo-coming-first-to-god-of-war-ascension-o...

Arne Meyer on January 24th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

If you take a look back to our multiplayer Trophies for Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 – play one game each of competitive and co-op – I think you may see that they are far from “annoying.” We’ve always been very conscious that challenging MP Trophies can be frustrating for players who aren’t heavy MP players.

We haven’t settled on Trophies yet, but I’m pretty certain we’ll keep that same consideration in mind when making up our Trophy list.

Yeah, UC2/UC3 MP didn't have any annoying trophies (*cough* Protectorates *cough* NSPs *cough*)... gotta love Arne's lies, eh?

But then again, he doesn't play Uncharted MP, so maybe he's just blissfully ignorant. Smiley Wink

ps: No, you cannot ignore DLC trophies, especially after releasing a GOTY edition. I got my 100% on all Uncharted games, but still, some DLC trophies were pretty annoying. Not to mention luck-based BS like the treasure trophies...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 63 of 70 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19905 posts

Jan 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/24/the-last-of-us-demo-coming-first-to-god-of-war-ascension-o...

Arne Meyer on January 24th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

If you take a look back to our multiplayer Trophies for Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 – play one game each of competitive and co-op – I think you may see that they are far from “annoying.” We’ve always been very conscious that challenging MP Trophies can be frustrating for players who aren’t heavy MP players.

We haven’t settled on Trophies yet, but I’m pretty certain we’ll keep that same consideration in mind when making up our Trophy list.

Yeah, UC2/UC3 MP didn't have any annoying trophies (*cough* Protectorates *cough* NSPs *cough*)... gotta love Arne's lies, eh?

But then again, he doesn't play Uncharted MP, so maybe he's just blissfully ignorant. Smiley Wink

He probably implied the idea of DLC trophies with the "heavy MP players" thought.

Just what I think. Of course, the Protectorate trophy was practically impossible without boosting it.

Message 64 of 70 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I didn't know that only "heavy MP players" bought the GOTY edition...

Anyway, I'm not against DLC trophies, but I despise annoying/luck-based trophies. Mark my words, TLOU will follow the same formula for its DLC MP trophies.

ND doesn't want to learn from their mistakes.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 65 of 70 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Jan 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I didn't know that only "heavy MP players" bought the GOTY edition...

Anyway, I'm not against DLC trophies, but I despise annoying/luck-based trophies. Mark my words, TLOU will follow the same formula for its DLC MP trophies.

ND doesn't want to learn from their mistakes.

as long as there isn't a treasure system in the last of us it'll be fine, some DLC trophies might be as time consuming as the NSP trophy but i'm fine with that, as long as they're not like hoarder and collecter

i think he was implying that they like the platinum trophy to be able to be achieved by people who throughly play the SP ("heavy SP players") and then try a few matches of the MP while the DLC trophies were for the"heavy MP players"; some players needed more to do in the game, i for one found them quite enjoyable (with the exception of 2 of course)

all in all i love ND's trophy system, make the orginal trophies for the story (except have 2 super easy MP trophies), then make DLC trophies for people who play the MP a lot

Message 66 of 70 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I don't understand why people support the bastardization of shooters with RPG elements... time consuming/grinding stuff is as annoying as luck-based stuff. I don't want to play an RPG, FFS!

I'm OK with challenging trophies like the Airport/Monastery Crushing ones. Those require strategy, good planning and teamwork.

Message 67 of 70 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I don't understand why people support the bastardization of shooters with RPG elements... time consuming/grinding stuff is as annoying as luck-based stuff. I don't want to play an RPG, FFS!

I'm OK with challenging trophies like the Airport/Monastery Crushing ones. Those require strategy, good planning and teamwork.

I'm just happy this game isn't open world sandbox. By then, I'd be like, goddamn what now.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 68 of 70 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Jan 29, 2013

uC3 mps is not bad as much as you no lifers like to complain 

Message 69 of 70 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Uh....I think I'll just play both? I mean, I do know how to play two games at once....

Message 70 of 70 (146 Views)
0 Likes