Keyblade Wielder
7289 posts

Re: Who can create a more balanced tournament System than Naughty Dog?

Feb 1, 2013

far-zan wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

far-zan wrote:
How is it unbalanced

Is it balanced to lose your ticket whenever the host XMB signs out???

So you have 10 tickets, you can easily get gold in 10 tickets if not 6 or 7

You also have to do exceptionally well in all those matches, and on top of that make sure your team wins those matches. That coupled with the fact of lag, match disconnections, lag, XMB sign-outs, lag, glitches, lag, horrible teammates, lag, spinning ring of death, lag makes it unbalanced. It should either work like an actual tournament or reward you based on your performance.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 11 of 16 (253 Views)
Gaming Beast
1930 posts

Feb 1, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

far-zan wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

far-zan wrote:
How is it unbalanced

You also have to do exceptionally well in all those matches, and on top of that make sure your team wins those matches. That coupled with the fact of lag, match disconnections, lag, XMB sign-outs, lag, glitches, lag, horrible teammates, lag, spinning ring of death, lag makes it unbalanced. It should either work like an actual tournament or reward you based on your performance.

Play in a party of two or three and if they are competent players it shouldn't be hard. If you play in a party of 2 just get 12 more kills than deaths and you can easily get Gold. In a Party of three you need to get 14 more kills than deaths. 

The tournament was meant to make money for ND, and people who didn't want to spend have to be strong players. It's not supposed to be easy. 

Considering losses IMO a loss should be -500 off your final score.

Message 12 of 16 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7289 posts

Feb 1, 2013

far-zan wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

far-zan wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

far-zan wrote:
How is it unbalanced

Play in a party of two or three and if they are competent players it shouldn't be hard. If you play in a party of 2 just get 12 more kills than deaths and you can easily get Gold. In a Party of three you need to get 14 more kills than deaths. 

The tournament was meant to make money for ND, and people who didn't want to spend have to be strong players. It's not supposed to be easy. 

Considering losses IMO a loss should be -500 off your final score.

Well everything I just mentioned is mostly out of the players control. I'm not saying it should be easy to get gold, but it should be fair and balanced. Considering as it is possible for 1 person to single-handedly lose a TDM for his team, and having parties decreases your score, it is literally more of a gamble then actually having skill. I mean when I cared about the tournament for like the first 3 weeks it came out, I did get scores of like 28-12 alone and such, but half those games ended in disconnections or a teammate going 2-25 and losing for us...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 13 of 16 (242 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Funny the tournament system is dumb but I still have Dijjin skinn
Mains -Parrapa Sir Dan Sackboy
Subs - spike drake toro sweet tooth sly rachet
Message 14 of 16 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I just died OP. Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 16 (230 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Feb 4, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:

computer-monkey3.jpg

^ This guy

"This guy" has a name!

It's Caesar!!!

Message 16 of 16 (196 Views)