Highlighted
Jun 15 2012
By: JD-- Fender Bender 2290 posts

Where's the love for Co-Op?! ND, reply plz! :(

[ Edited ]
88 replies 968 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

Introduction:

I thought I read somewhere before this game came out that Naughty Dog would be working on the Co-Op a lot more than they did in Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2's Co-Op was revolutionary when it came out. Survival, Gold Rush, and Siege all thrown on Multiplayer maps with AI from the campaign. AND, you could play it with your friends! So, when Uncharted 3 came out, I was expecting to see some HUGE update to it, more modes, more enemy AI, cinematic events, single player look-alike, something. But instead, the modes all got mashed into one, which was really depressing. The idea itself is cool, but I wish that all 3 modes could be separate playlists like how it was in Uncharted 2.

Sure, they've given us Shade Survival and Fort, but that's it. A recycled map from Uncharted 1 and a mode thrown together in a matter of minutes with fire demons.

Other's Ideas:

• I've seen many great ideas on the forums for Co-Op, like AliMakeveli's SUPER Survival - why can't we have that? I've wanted that since Uncharted 2's Co-Op.

• Gold star ideas

• TheStuntDouble wrote:

I personally would like a new co-op map where your main character (hero or not) is in the story. So, let's say it takes place in, uh, the buildings near Hotel Shangrila in UC2 (I mean, there's Borneo in UC3 co-op and not comp). Let's say you guys arrive by heli and you're there looking for treasure (what the Uncharted universe plot SHOULD revolve around to). Anyway, you guys go looking around for the treasure in the buildings, killing a bunch of enemies, them being progessively stronger as you reach the treasure. As you make it to the treasure, it explodes or something, leaving you all injured with effects to gameplay (1st player lands badly on their shoulder, impairing melee and accuracy, 2nd player takes heavy leg damage, impairing movement speed and 3rd player takes a shard to their side, with lower health/slower health regen. All of you hold your injured part, with 2nd player limping). All three of you run/limp/whatever to your heli, where one of you has to start the heli (or fix it, because someone tampered with it. Anyway it's like opening crates in Borneo, but a little bit slower) while the other two cover the person in the heli. Once the heli starts the other two get in and they all fly off while shooting back.

My Ideas:

• What I would LOVE to see is a brand-new story plot with either Marlowe, Talbot, Rameses, Navarro, or Roman included and have it similar to the way the 5 chapter story line is. Hell, we don't even have to have Nate, Sully, Elena, Chloe, or Cutter - I'd settle for having our Custom Heroes being the main protagonists.

• Or maybe, MAYBE this could be a HUGE maybe - have a Co-Op mission builder on some of the Adventure maps and Competitive maps. Add a simple objective such as Borneo, bash the crates open, and fight the boss at the end. Or maybe defend the wounded Hero from gunfire until a chopper arrives to rescue him.

• Advanced Co-Op Arena options? Weapon selects, infinite round setting, Villians or Heroes, amount of lives, and a bunch of other things. Maybe even an increase in the amount of players in a Co-Op match, maybe a max. at 5 or 6, though.

Issues:

Enough with hoping for things that will never happen - how about fix what we've got now?

• Shotgunners range is insanely exaggerated. It would make sense if OUR shotguns would work the same, but they don't.
  • PAK-80 Brute's accuracy - should NOT be able to spray us across the map with a one handed turret-like weapon.
  • Riot Shielders Arm Micro accuracy - this is given, the Micro is NOT that accurate from such a far distance.
  • Revive glitch
  • Grenade throwback - grenades should be first priorty with triangle.
  • Allow the use of kickbacks when downed - now yes I know if you fall or jump to your death you can, but sometimes that is easier said than done.
  • Allow only one certain type of kickback enemy on the level at one time - What I mean by this is don't let multiple of the same kickback enemies on the level at once. For instance, in round 3, you can have up to 3 or 4 Militia Man in the round at one time. This is ridiculous when trying to get through a Siege round.
  • Add in the M-32 Hammer and Mega Bomb kickback enemies.

If you know of anymore issues, let me know and I'll add them to the list! Smiley Very Happy

I don't know, but I would just love some more DLC/changes to Co-Op, because I feel like it's being ditched and undermined by all these multiplayer changes, dlc, patches, and Labs. Let me know what you think.

Message 1 of 89 (968 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4652 posts

Re: Where's the love for Co-Op?! All we got was a friend-zone hug. :(

Jun 15, 2012

Co op in this type of game will never get the same treatment as competitive because many more people play competitive than co op. Co op has a finite lifespan for most gamers - once you have conquered all the maps, its just the same over and over again.

Put you up against human players, and every game is different and unpredictable.

Its quite right that they concentrate on competitive more than co op. And I loved the adventure maps, i really did. But they become stale as soon as they're beaten, with very little replay value.

Message 2 of 89 (968 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Jun 15, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Co op in this type of game will never get the same treatment as competitive because many more people play competitive than co op. Co op has a finite lifespan for most gamers - once you have conquered all the maps, its just the same over and over again.

Put you up against human players, and every game is different and unpredictable.

Its quite right that they concentrate on competitive more than co op. And I loved the adventure maps, i really did. But they become stale as soon as they're beaten, with very little replay value.

I agree with you entirely - that's why I would like more options and maps or SOMETHING to keep me playing Co-Op. Maybe add the factor of unpredictability to Co-Op - have random Bosses from the campaign levels show up in Co-Op Arena rounds?

Message 3 of 89 (968 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4652 posts

Jun 15, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Maybe add the factor of unpredictability to Co-Op - have random Bosses from the campaign levels show up in Co-Op Arena rounds?

Just sayin'...

Would that really add replay value to arena though? For me, certainly not. Im all for additions and improvements to all gametypes, co op included, but for me arena type games where its just waves of enemies (basically) will never be great fun more than a few times.

More Adventures though would make me quite squidgy

Message 4 of 89 (968 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Jun 15, 2012

monkeybutler100 wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Maybe add the factor of unpredictability to Co-Op - have random Bosses from the campaign levels show up in Co-Op Arena rounds?

Just sayin'...

Would that really add replay value to arena though? For me, certainly not. Im all for additions and improvements to all gametypes, co op included, but for me arena type games where its just waves of enemies (basically) will never be great fun more than a few times.

More Adventures though would make me quite squidgy

Well, seeing as I'm a Co-Op fanatic, ANY addition is welcome in my book.

However, if more Adventure levels do come to be, indeed I would too become squidgy.

Message 5 of 89 (968 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Jun 16, 2012
Message 6 of 89 (968 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Jun 16, 2012

I absolutely agree with this thread. Uncharted's co-op has always been downtrodden by NaughtyDog, and it needs to change.

A few things I think ND could change/improve on:

• Making Shade Survival more of a challenge; even on Crushing, I found it much easier than a game of Arena (any other difficulty it is very, very dull)
  • Strict survival mode; I don't understand why this hasn't been added yet, this has been requested numerous times and would be played far more than Arena

I play an equal amount of co-op and competitive, but I would much rather have AliMakaveli's Super Survival over anything more in competitive.

Great idea about a mission builder! That would be so much fun, but it also sounds like a ton of work on ND's part. I think that's something they should consider for UC4. Five stars, dude. Great thread.

Message 7 of 89 (968 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Jun 16, 2012

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

I absolutely agree with this thread. Uncharted's co-op has always been downtrodden by NaughtyDog, and it needs to change.

A few things I think ND could change/improve on:

• Making Shade Survival more of a challenge; even on Crushing, I found it much easier than a game of Arena (any other difficulty it is very, very dull)
  • Strict survival mode; I don't understand why this hasn't been added yet, this has been requested numerous times and would be played far more than Arena

I play an equal amount of co-op and competitive, but I would much rather have AliMakaveli's Super Survival over anything more in competitive.

Great idea about a mission builder! That would be so much fun, but it also sounds like a ton of work on ND's part. I think that's something they should consider for UC4.

Thanks! Just popped into my hea! And I don't think there's gonna be an Uncharted 4 - I believe somewhere on ND's twitter they confirmed that.

Message 8 of 89 (968 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Jul 4, 2012
Message 9 of 89 (967 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Aug 12, 2012