Highlighted
Sep 21 2012
By: KNIGHTMERE Splicer 86 posts
Accepted Solution

Whatever happen to ACTUAL RANKING? Halo 2 style... just sayin.

[ Edited ]
18 replies 677 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

Long time no post... I still love uncharted after all the debachery and shannagins, but there is something that is missing from it. Aside from all the op weapons(which seems to be everything these days), lag, blindfiring, revenge nades, yada yada, it is still one of the best games on this console. Which brings me to my next point, Iam greatly excited to hear about the classic mode thats supposed to be coming. Kudos to you guys for bringing this up. Hopefully all the people that are saying the h@ll with uc3 and are going back to uc2 will come back.  But i digress, Why can't we have a ranking system, or even a clan system. Halo was both fun and competitive and the ranks gave you motivation to get better. I hate this reward unskilled players by giving them stuff thats been going on within the gaming community. I can hold my own with the best of them and i would love nothing more than to be able to join a random team death match and get ranked with people of equal skill. Wouldn't you want that too??? Also, dividing it up by region and language would help out a ton. WHY on earth would i want to play against non english speaking players. Iam not all America F*ck ya or anything. But it would promote the community if you could play with other players that you can communicate with. No offense DAI Smiley Tongue.

Long story short, give us some sort of REAL ranking system, not this level based on how much you play. If i wanted that i would have bought call of duty. Be original. Stay true to the vision Jason Ruben set.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - KNIGHTMERE
Message 1 of 19 (677 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Re: Whatever happen to ACTUAL RANKING? Halo 2 style... just sayin.

Sep 21, 2012
Lag and noobs would assure that the rank system would be completely unfair. Almost everyone would just quit a match that was too hard until they find noobs and them boom, rank up.
Message 2 of 19 (631 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Lag and noobs would assure that the rank system would be completely unfair. Almost everyone would just quit a match that was too hard until they find noobs and them boom, rank up.

Halo's was fair, way more fair than the random joke of experience-based ranks in Uncharted.

If people want to quit constantly because a match is "too hard" that's fine, they can get as many losses as they want. A true-skill rank will keep finding players of similar skill anyway.

UC4 absolutely needs to adopt a skill rating in addition to the experience rank. Ideally for the entire game, but at least in a "competitive" playlist.

Message 3 of 19 (583 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Ya, i agree. The only fair way is based off skill. UC4 needs a system that will support the more competitive side to UC.

Message 4 of 19 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 6, 2012

DIGITALBADASS wrote:

Ya, i agree. The only fair way is based off skill. UC4 needs a system that will support the more competitive side to UC.

Ranked Playlist  and Unranked Playlist?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 19 (474 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I personally like being able to play with anyone from the world. Who cares if they don't speak english? The game is how we interact. As long as they don't lag and they are good I don't care. speaking English does help tho I agree.
Message 6 of 19 (462 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I care if they speak English
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 7 of 19 (460 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Oct 6, 2012

KNIGHTMERE wrote:

Long time no post... I still love uncharted after all the debachery and shannagins, but there is something that is missing from it. Aside from all the op weapons(which seems to be everything these days), lag, blindfiring, revenge nades, yada yada, it is still one of the best games on this console. Which brings me to my next point, Iam greatly excited to hear about the classic mode thats supposed to be coming. Kudos to you guys for bringing this up. Hopefully all the people that are saying the h@ll with uc3 and are going back to uc2 will come back.  But i digress, Why can't we have a ranking system, or even a clan system. Halo was both fun and competitive and the ranks gave you motivation to get better. I hate this reward unskilled players by giving them stuff thats been going on within the gaming community. I can hold my own with the best of them and i would love nothing more than to be able to join a random team death match and get ranked with people of equal skill. Wouldn't you want that too??? Also, dividing it up by region and language would help out a ton. WHY on earth would i want to play against non english speaking players. Iam not all America F*ck ya or anything. But it would promote the community if you could play with other players that you can communicate with. No offense DAI Smiley Tongue.

Long story short, give us some sort of REAL ranking system, not this level based on how much you play. If i wanted that i would have bought call of duty. Be original. Stay true to the vision Jason Ruben set.

It's different when it comes to having unlockables in a game, it makes sense for Halo and Ghost recon and U2 and many games that have more simple game modes where you don't have loadouts or classes, if this game did not have loadouts it would most likely be a 1 playthrough with no legacying and what not.

The whole purpose, or at least from my standpoint is so guns aren't hard too hard to reach, also in this game boosters are level required along with kickbacks, there are too many unlockables for it to look right, thats one thing I didn't like about U2 was boosters being level unlocks but it wasn't too hard so I got over it. However I think with as many guns and boosters and kickbacks, it's better this way. It gives everyone a chance to try all the guns and if they're confident they can choose to legacy, it might be a little easy but it just fits with the gameplay.

Message 8 of 19 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Thats what iam thinking, give people the choice. Ranked and unranked

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - KNIGHTMERE
Message 9 of 19 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7447 posts

Oct 14, 2012

KNIGHTMERE wrote:

Thats what iam thinking, give people the choice. Ranked and unranked

It should just be the Ranked mode from U2, but in every mode.

Winning matches would increase rank. Losing matches would lower rank. Max rank is 50. At lower ranks a win or loss pushes you farther up or down. At higher ranks it takes several wins or losses to move you up or down.

When you're in a party, it just averages your ranks and then adds 2 to the rank for each additional person in your party. So a full party of 50s would be matched as rank 58. Four rank 50's and a rank 1 party leader, would still be ranked as a rank 48, and on top of that the moment they start winning the rank 1 would gain ranks very quickly so the system could not be abused that way.

In addition it would no longer level matchmake, and instead would be based on ping as the primary factor. Due to the ranking system only being from 1-50, the amount of people at your rank with low comparable Pings would be much higher as compared to wide range of levels that are used in level based matchmaking.

The only other ways the system might be in danger is if people continued to make new accounts, which would fail because of how easy it is rank up at lower ranks so they'd have to keep making new ones, and by intentionally losing, but that would fail as well as long as ranks were mode dependent, so they would have to lose in TDM constantly, to have any hope of being a low enough rank to abuse low rank people in TDM.

Any flaws in this system that I missed? I think it's both fool proof and abuse proof.

Message 10 of 19 (358 Views)