Survivor
2480 posts

Re: What makes you watch a gaming video?

Feb 2, 2013

If it's a commentary it has to be interesting talk or funny talk, and it has to have a "smoothness" about, for example at the end there could be some music building up.
If it's an edit, it has to look good, plain and simple. There are so many ways to make an edit, and no way is better than the other.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 11 of 15 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6980 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Nice thumbnails

JayJay 2515 signature

2 time Face of The WWE Champion
Message 12 of 15 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Feb 2, 2013
I like funny commentaries.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 13 of 15 (213 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Asraik wrote:

Basically I am curious on everyone's opinion on what makes YOU watch a gaming video.

Originality before professionality.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 14 of 15 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I usually watch a lot of videos, but to become a dedicated watcher the videomakers standards have to be high.

Here are some examples of channels I'm subscribed to-

Yt/DaraEdits

Yt/Flaxboi

Yt/vash12349

Yt/ArtistsUniverseTv

What you'll notice amongst these channels is that they're all high quality in their own way. Dara, and Flax make (and Au as a whole) make HQ edits of Counter Strike, Cod, etc. Each is entertaining in their own way, uploads are fairly frequent, and there's a high quality standard.

Vash on the other hand is an entertaining, funny, and very person commentator. He speaks about his family, his friends, childhood experiences and makes a real connection to his viewers. He reads his comments and employs tips, strategies, or topic ideas that his viewers tell him. It feels like you're really  involved with the whole process, which is why since mid 2012, I've tried my best to never miss a video.

The moral of these paragraphs are: if you keep a high quality standard, and make a connection with your viewers they'll want to view your stuff Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15 (189 Views)
0 Likes