Reply
Aug 20 2012
By: unchartedfan014 First Son 3 posts
Offline

What is wrong with you people?

15 replies 297 views Edited Aug 20, 2012

I don't understand why everyone hates uncharted 3, the game is unbelievable. Great story, great characters, good gameplay etc. The game improved upon every aspect and I don't understand how people can not see the attention to detail that goes into this  extraordinary game. Why are there so many people saying "uncharted 2 was better", don't get me wrong uncharted 2 was a great game for it's time but uncharted 3 surpasses it in every way. Here are my theories on why people think uncharted 2 was better than uncharted 3, UNC2  was so much better than UNC1 people got spoiled and expected uncharted 3 to make that same improvement, or people who fell in love with uncharted 2 are still attached to the game and don't want to let it go and maybe they don't even realize it. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i'm not trying control people, i just want people to see what i see in this game which is a true masterpiece that deserves where credit is due.

Message 1 of 16 (297 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
135 posts
 

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Aug 20, 2012

unchartedfan014 wrote:

I don't understand why everyone hates uncharted 3, the game is unbelievable. Great story, great characters, good gameplay etc. The game improved upon every aspect and I don't understand how people can not see the attention to detail that goes into this  extraordinary game. Why are there so many people saying "uncharted 2 was better", don't get me wrong uncharted 2 was a great game for it's time but uncharted 3 surpasses it in every way. Here are my theories on why people think uncharted 2 was better than uncharted 3, UNC2  was so much better than UNC1 people got spoiled and expected uncharted 3 to make that same improvement, or people who fell in love with uncharted 2 are still attached to the game and don't want to let it go and maybe they don't even realize it. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i'm not trying control people, i just want people to see what i see in this game which is a true masterpiece that deserves where credit is due.


At the beggining I felt the same way, It was because UC3 was totaly different UC2 in terms of graphics. but gradualy I started to like the game. but still when it comes to MP UC2 was very simple, UC3 became a bit weird :/ 

I mean the thing is everyone compares UC3 to UC2, and start to miss stuff that was in UC2. But if you visualize US3 as a totaly different game I think maybe people would like it. Just my thoughts.

Message 2 of 16 (290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/22/2011
Offline
300 posts
 

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Aug 20, 2012

Uncharted 3 felt much less polished and overall I just thought Uncharted 2 was better in just about every aspect.

 

And I actually played UC2 before Uncharted 1 (I only got my ps3 in June 2011), so the whole "expecting the same amount of change" argument doesn't really apply to me.

Message 3 of 16 (282 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/09/2008
Offline
1225 posts
 

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Aug 20, 2012

Replaying Uncharted 3 now, and personally, think the game is pretty awesome. I hear a lot of talk of how the game is rough and unpolished, but level after level has blown me away

 

Love Charlie Cutter too - best new addition to the Drake 'Family' as it were

 

The one criticism I do agree with: UC3 ending is too similar to UC2 - aside from that, love how the main baddie this time could not have been any different than the last

 

Fav part of the game for me is seeing how the relationship of Sully and Drake developed, and relationship with Elena and Drake progressed. 

 

 

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 4 of 16 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
135 posts
 

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Aug 20, 2012

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

The one criticism I do agree with: UC3 ending is too similar to UC2 - aside from that, love how the main baddie this time could not have been any different than the last 

 


 
How?

Message 5 of 16 (271 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/09/2008
Offline
1225 posts
 

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Aug 20, 2012

JamesBlessonS wrote:

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

The one criticism I do agree with: UC3 ending is too similar to UC2 - aside from that, love how the main baddie this time could not have been any different than the last 

 


 
How?


For myself, having the big flashy, somewhat mystical area they end up at reminded me of the mystical ending to UC2. They look different, but  it was similar feeling in tone to me. Replaying now - if I change my opinion, will post here

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 6 of 16 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
135 posts
 

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Aug 21, 2012

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

JamesBlessonS wrote:

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

The one criticism I do agree with: UC3 ending is too similar to UC2 - aside from that, love how the main baddie this time could not have been any different than the last 

 


 
How?


For myself, having the big flashy, somewhat mystical area they end up at reminded me of the mystical ending to UC2. They look different, but  it was similar feeling in tone to me. Replaying now - if I change my opinion, will post here


Ohh yeah you're right, I forgot that both endings involed escaping from the place getting collapsed, similar ending in the Vita version too.

Message 7 of 16 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
5104 posts
 

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Aug 21, 2012

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

JamesBlessonS wrote:

Matt_VT_Schlo1 wrote:

The one criticism I do agree with: UC3 ending is too similar to UC2 - aside from that, love how the main baddie this time could not have been any different than the last 

 


 
How?


For myself, having the big flashy, somewhat mystical area they end up at reminded me of the mystical ending to UC2. They look different, but  it was similar feeling in tone to me. Replaying now - if I change my opinion, will post here


The difference between the two was that in UC2, Elena was in near death so that bit where they escape was emotional until the two meet up back in the village and everything was ok. It evoked my emotions so much.

UC3 I thought was sweet. Was slightly bleh with the 'hallucination' bit with regards to Sully's supposed death but the ending summed up what UC3 was really about.

 

Both are good endings but I really prefered UC2's ending because it was that impactful.

Message 8 of 16 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/20/2010
Offline
884 posts
 

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Aug 21, 2012
UC3 > UC2
Message 9 of 16 (242 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/09/2008
Offline
1225 posts
 

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Aug 21, 2012

Aldro wrote:
UC3 > UC2

That's a bold statement around here. LOL

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 10 of 16 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes