Jun 17 2012
By: supermoc10 Hekseville Citizen 311 posts

What do you want in UC4 Multiplayer

16 replies 81 views Edited Jun 17, 2012

What are the things you want in the UC4 Multiplayer that ND can't add in UC3.

I want:

12 player Competitive Multiplayer: This would be awesome. I was suprised this wasn't in UC3 because of the Buddy system. With only 5 players, someone is left without a buddy. Also with 12 players, we could have 4v4v4 3 team deathmatch.

Buddy System: I love the Buddy System and I think it should return. Your Buddy should be able to revive you and give you ammo. Also, you should be able to spot enemies for your Buddy.

Better customization: See Luxis' thread in my sig.

Gang Wars style mode: Gang wars in Max Payne 3 is awesome and I'd love to see a similar, cinematic, objective based mode in UC4.

Kill Comfirmed style mode: Kill Comfirmed is my favorite mode in MW3 and I'd love to see a similar mode in UC4. For those that don't know how it works, every player has a Dog Tag. When somebody kills you, you drop your tag. If an enemy picks up your tag, he confirms the kill. If a teammate picks up your tag, he denies the kill. Anyone can pick up a tag, even enemies who weren't the ones to kill you. Instead of a tag, we could have treasures. Also, 2x points for picking up a buddy's treasure and 4x points for picking up your own tresure.

Co-op: There should be 4-player co-op in UC4. There should also be 2 main co-op modes:

-Adventure: In Halo 4, the co-op mode (Spartan-Ops) will launch with a few missions and then more missions will be offered to players every single week for free for an entire season. Each season corresponds to a story, a campaign. The first season is free and then users pay future seasons. I'd love to see a similar system in UC4

-Survival: Wave-based co-op mode. It would be great to see different enemies on different maps. Players could use money earned from killing enemies on weapons, mods and boosters. There could also be boss waves with Juggernauts, Helicopters, Tanks, etc. In matchmaking, it should be 50-wave. Players should to choose different numbers of waves in Custom games (10, 20, 30...) or endless.

4-player Split-Screen

Same Graphics as the story mode.

That's all I can think of. What are your ideas

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 1 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Re: What do you want in UC4 Multiplayer

Jun 17, 2012

well the good graphics is all that i want andyes, also it should be like mf3 with many upgrades.

Message 2 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Jun 17, 2012

I don't want it to be to much like MW3(if that's what you meant).

If what you meant was MP3 (Max Payne 3) then I agree. I love Max Payne 3's MP and it would be great to see some of it's cool features in UC4.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 3 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Jun 17, 2012

A blend of the best parts of U2 and U3.

-High health

-Separated hitboxes

-Useful boosters in each slot

-Being able to change boosters in a game

-Everyone spawns with the same two weapons

-Sprint

-Minimal aim assist that keeps your aim from flying everywhere, but does not lock on to your target or slow down your aim

-Elimination is a playable on-disc mode

-Revenge is completely useless

-No power plays in TDM

-Grenade throwbacks should return, but they need to be a little less easy to do than they are right now. Something like the U3 beta

-Balanced power weapon spawns in each map, spawning on the middle of the map every time. One or two power weapons per map

-No plane/train sequences whatsoever. Anything that results in a moving map needs to flat-out die

And some new ideas.

-Full-fledged customization from the start, offering several colors and hues and taking off certain parts of character's skins (like Desert Drake's bandoleer). Heck, maybe all the male characters can have the same customization pieces for each other, hero or villain (and same for the female characters). Yes, that means you could dress Drake up with the custom hero's hiking gear. Customization pieces return from U3 and are not unlocked by treasures, but by rank or money

-No treasure weapons. However, mods could still make a return and everybody can pick one or two mods to put on each weapon (like in co-op, but you can't equip more than one or two here), as if you have some odd form of Weapon Expert. No Accuracy or ROF mods. Just Reload Speed, Clip Size, Blindfire Accuracy, Max Ammo, Scope Zoom, and maybe Call Out.

-If kickbacks manage to make it into the game, there should be no power weapon or grenade kickbacks. Cash 'Em In, Disruption, Smoke Bomb, Gotcha, and Speedy G are all balanced, in my opinion (except Smoke Bomb is broken. Gotcha doesn't hand you free kills or anything like that, so I wouldn't be mad if it showed up in the next game). There should be more kickbacks like those. No Overstock, Bargain, or Kickback Endurance boosters should be in U4, either. Optionally, players are limited to three kickback activations per match

-The buddy system should return, but it needs improvement. If your enemy is in an opponent's line of sight, you should not be able to spawn on them at all (to prevent getting RPG'd upon buddy-spawning, which has had happened to me about three times). High Five animations need to work on stairs (and speaking of which, so should stealth kills), too

-Player counts need a reduction, in my opinion. By that, I mean not doing 5v5 anymore. It would be best to just make most of the team-based modes 4v4 instead of risk matchmaking taking longer. 4v4 would result in quicker matchmaking and nobody would be a lone wolf. 3TDM can stay 2v2v2 and FFA should only have six players due to the small size of Uncharted maps

-Could we maybe not have publically tracked K/D and W/L statistics? It'd be great if we could make it so that only us and our friends could see our stats and other people would have to ask your permission for it (e.g. a message pops up while you're in the lobby and it reads, "SouthpawLP wants to view your stats! Allow?", and you can pick "yes" or "no"). Quits and disconnections need to be a separate statistic from losses so we can accurately see how many times we've actually lost and how many games we disconnected from/quit out. Additionally, we could also track how many games you left while winning and how many games you left while losing. The stats cards should publically track a person's multiplayer trophies, most-used boosters, mods for each weapon, and kickbacks (if they make it into the game), while also using a picture of their two most-used characters (whom you can select poses for, just for fun). I just want REALLY accurate stats, I love looking at all these details

I'd talk about co-op, too, since U3 co-op is fairly boring most of the time, but I really don't feel like getting into it now.

Message 4 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
612 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Honestly

I just want them to go back to what made U2 so fun

Get rid of the Kickbacks, the Weapon mods and the Loadouts

Keep the customization and maybe add weapon customization so you can have silly attanchments to your guns....maybe some Jak and Daxter styled weapon attachments for example

EVERYONE starts out with an AK and a Pistol to make it balanced...if you want a M9 or FAL then go out there and earn it.

I wouldn't mind if they kept the upgradable boosters...they don't make the game that unbalanced.

So yeah I just want them to get rid of the changes which made it like every other online game....cough cough COD.

Oh and I wouldn't mind if they made it so Clans would be put into matches with other Clans....you know how annoying it is when your group is a bunch of strangers vs a full organized Clan group....you know whos going to win 9 times out of 10

Support Uncharted 4s Classic Mode

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-4-A-Thief-s-End/Uncharted-4-Multiplayer-CLASSIC-MODE-Please-Support/td-p/45451428
Message 5 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Jun 17, 2012

I love both styles of gameplay(the Loadouts, kickbacks from UC3 and the AK+Pistol for everyone in UC2) so why not have both. There's a great thread about implementing a Classic playlist in UC3. It's great to have the option of playing both.

Message 6 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Southpaw, I agree with pretty much everything you said, except I like the loadout system instead of starting with the same weapons. For kickbacks, I think it would be cool to split them into offensive and defensive, and you can't use the same type twice in a row.

Also, co-op deserves much more attention. Arena modes need to be split for custom games, and a mode like Ali's Super Survival would be awesome. Hunter is a good concept, but needs to be reworked.

I don't have anything else for now, might add a few things later when they come to mind.

Message 7 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
612 posts

Jun 17, 2012

supermoc10 wrote:

I love both styles of gameplay(the Loadouts, kickbacks from UC3 and the AK+Pistol for everyone in UC2) so why not have both. There's a great thread about implementing a Classic playlist in UC3. It's great to have the option of playing both.

They should focus on the U2 side first though, the "classic" mode is what the online started from...adding all these horrible changes just made it like every other online game and it's so unbalanced.

@RevisIsland78

"except I like the loadout system instead of starting with the same weapons"

Why though...it kills the skill aspect of the game

If a low level player hasn't unlocked much stuff then it's not fair going against someone whos unlocked a FAL or a Kal 7.

Everyone needs to be equal....no one had a problem with it in U2

Support Uncharted 4s Classic Mode

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-4-A-Thief-s-End/Uncharted-4-Multiplayer-CLASSIC-MODE-Please-Support/td-p/45451428
Message 8 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jun 17, 2012

What i would like:

- Just U2 with:

- Less lag

- A lot of useful boosters

- Joining to games (i hate when in U2 the score limit is 40 because of the quits)

- Total lack of "SA boosters" (useless or balanced too, like Come here or Gotcha)

- Pre 1.05 health

- U3's Cinema features without frizees (better if in Hig Definition)

- 1080p

- Balanced maps (symmetrical, central power weapons position, good spawns at the beginning

- Customization

What i wouldn't like:

Mods

Powerplays

Kickbacks/Killstreaks/Killpotatoes

Loadouts

Cinematic sequences

Buddy sistem (expecially for spawns)

60fps: Uncharted is a movie, professional movies are 30fps

Hitmarkers (red reticules are better BY FAR)

Now i know ND and Sony must announce something new to get horny 11 years old, this could be a professional Cinema mode with an editing mode (like Vegas, Premiere, Final cut etc.). ND can bet on this similarities with movies.

Here is why i'm so angry when i play U3, because Drake's Deception could be so and this is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Every reference to FAB is purely casual.

Message 9 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Jun 17, 2012

O_O Dude! they're working on the Last of Us and Patching up Uncharted 3 as well as having the labs and your talking about UC4 already. They'll make it In time just hold your horses lol

Message 10 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes