Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Re: What are some overpowered setups?

Feb 28, 2013
I can see the "if it kills me then it's overpowered" mindset is still alive and well.

Quickboom? Sure. M9 and Kal blindfire? Sure. But beyond that you're just reaching and **bleep** because you need excuses. How are Fleet Foot and Cloaked overpowered? Especially Cloaked. FF got the nerf it needed already. Do you really suck so bad that you need to see a player through walls? Do you try to camp the towers on Yemen or top of Syria and rage because you can't hear a guy climbing with up Cloaked to put out your campfire?

You people here will never stop with the OP talk. I mean, come on, the para is now overpowered? Lol. No, it's easily outclassed by long guns and gets beat in blindfire by the micro regularly.

The only gun that was OP by a large margin in this game was the Fal. Period. RoF isn't anywhere near as bad. The gmal wasn't even close.
Message 31 of 41 (314 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6978 posts

Feb 28, 2013

RoF is obviously only overpowered on the Tau.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 32 of 41 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6795 posts

Feb 28, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
I can see the "if it kills me then it's overpowered" mindset is still alive and well.

Quickboom? Sure. M9 and Kal blindfire? Sure. But beyond that you're just reaching and **bleep** because you need excuses. How are Fleet Foot and Cloaked overpowered? Especially Cloaked. FF got the nerf it needed already. Do you really suck so bad that you need to see a player through walls? Do you try to camp the towers on Yemen or top of Syria and rage because you can't hear a guy climbing with up Cloaked to put out your campfire?

You people here will never stop with the OP talk. I mean, come on, the para is now overpowered? Lol. No, it's easily outclassed by long guns and gets beat in blindfire by the micro regularly.

The only gun that was OP by a large margin in this game was the Fal. Period. RoF isn't anywhere near as bad. The gmal wasn't even close.

The only reason I say the Para is OP is because it has strong blindfire accuracy AND is the best pistol for aiming. When I say OP I don't necessarily mean gamebreaking, I mean much more powerful than it should be.

And Fleet Foot will be OP once people get the Djinn horns and FF Platinum :/

Message 33 of 41 (287 Views)
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Feb 28, 2013
@neverbelow

Since I'm the only one who said Fleet Foot, I'm guessing your at least partially talking about my post, I'm talking about using all of those things at one time, well, obviously not Fleet Foot and Weapon Expert, but everything else.

Fleet Foot and Cloaked are fine in my opinion, same goes for Weapon Expert if used for something other than RoF, but the Cloaked stat hats over powered (letting you avoid two boosters, a kickback, a power play and a paid booster AND making you harder to see while only loosing 16% Regen speed is more than worth it, and you can still use Fleet Foot or Weapon Expert), even the Fleet Foot stat hat won't be that powerful.

You can actually use 8 boosters in this game if you count weapon mods (since they were boosters in UC2), that's just giving out too much advantage.
Pepsi
Message 34 of 41 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1097 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

@never

Nice story, and I can see the "things I always used cannot be OP and shouldnt be touched" mindset is also still alive and well.

Para is outclassed by every long gun???

Play at least 1 week with an AK and show me the results.

You better aim the AK instead of going in a blindfire fight with tryhards hot beloved Marlows/Jades Para!!!

The M9 is another story, but that thing is on par with the blindfire OPness of the Para.

And if the Micro beats the Para on a "so regulary" basis, then why 99% are using the Para as handgun?

The truth is @skin is right, the default blindfire range<autoaim>accuracy make the Para to the strongest handgun in U3, stronger than U2s 92fs ever was. Even without the blindfire mod!

Your 6ooo+ Para kills against 4oo+ Micro kills shows it very clearly how wrong you are.

@shane

Exactly, thats why its more or less irrevelant what you use. ND equips every player with the best boosters&mods and voila

all differences which brought more gameplay styles how it was in U2 are vanished.

There´s only 1 difference now and thats if you play in a party or not.

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 35 of 41 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 28, 2013

1 92FS bullet + melee > 3 Para bullets + melee

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 36 of 41 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 28, 2013
^^ but you can aim in that game.
Message 37 of 41 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Flawless... You're **bleep** kidding me right? I was the first person to make a video showing how good the AK with accuracy is and that was during the gmal days.

I never touch the M9 while I have ammo left. I use the Ak on the majority of maps in the game. I use the gmal on a few here and there when they are long range (train wreck, Syria, graveyard, sanctuary, and plaza if you must know).

Ak with accuracy destroys the para aimed. It destroys the M9 aimed, actually. Sometimes I use fleet foot and sometimes cloaked. Either way, Ak with accuracy is the best option.

M9 is too unruly for head up gun battles (though there are few) with max sensitivity. This way I can easily switch between gmal, Ak, and dragon without adjusting sensitivity. Para has similar reticule speed, too.
Message 38 of 41 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6795 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
Flawless... You're **bleep** kidding me right? I was the first person to make a video showing how good the AK with accuracy is and that was during the gmal days.

I never touch the M9 while I have ammo left. I use the Ak on the majority of maps in the game. I use the gmal on a few here and there when they are long range (train wreck, Syria, graveyard, sanctuary, and plaza if you must know).

Ak with accuracy destroys the para aimed. It destroys the M9 aimed, actually. Sometimes I use fleet foot and sometimes cloaked. Either way, Ak with accuracy is the best option.

M9 is too unruly for head up gun battles (though there are few) with max sensitivity. This way I can easily switch between gmal, Ak, and dragon without adjusting sensitivity. Para has similar reticule speed, too.

I loooove max sensitivity. Once you get used to it it makes the straight up recoil of the M9 super easy to manage, although I'll say at least for me it has the drawback of making the Dragon much harder to aim due to it's slower vertical acceleration compared to it's horizontal acceleration. I really wish it was the same speed in every direction like other guns.

I disagree about the AK w/ Accuracy being better than an M9 though (and at range a GMAL still beats the M9 and AK) Especially if you're doing a mod on each, you can have AK w/ Accuracy but M9 w/ Scope Zoom is really good for getting a quick burst of consecutive headshots, and it already kills faster. The only way the AK is better is if it's against Fleet Foot in which case the wide spray of the AK works better than the vertical M9 recoil, as well as the AK's stopping power. Although I'd rather just use my Talbot's FAL over all of these, but it's also more fun to mix it up with different weapon types.

Message 39 of 41 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

I disagree about the AK w/ Accuracy being better than an M9 though (and at range a GMAL still beats the M9 and AK)

AK:
Better than M9 on close and mid to close range, in face to face situations.
Better Stopping Power than M9 to stop hipfiring players.

Worst on mid range than M9, coz of higher recoil and bullet spread.
Worst on longer ranges than M9, also coz of higher recoil and bullet spread.
Worst blindfire accuracy than M9.

Even when you equip yourself in Accuracy mod, AK became better only on mid to close range. However, no matter how good you are with Acc. AK, 2-3 mods Jade's or Chloe's M9 is better than gun equiped just in 1 mod.

Solution: Nerf M9 blindfire acc. by 10%

G-Mal:
(If you got good aim) - is better on longer ranges than both automatics, coz of 0 bullet spread.
When you put on him Accuracy mod, gun became simply the best choice on big open maps.
Scope In lv.3 help you reduce pain wobble so recoil looking like is lower than usually:

+ You can try use G-Mal pretty effective in face to face situation against automatics:

Stopping Power is worst than AK's SP and pretty equal with M9.

Solution: Slighty reduce recoil like by 5-7%

M9 dominate almost in anything except Stopping Power and longer ranges. Nerf blindfire could bring more balance in to gameplay.
Similar situation is with Para9.

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 40 of 41 (176 Views)
0 Likes