Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 12/08/2011
Offline
775 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Ok, we all now the cheap tactics in this game like blindfire, whack 'n roll, cornershooting, rate of fire, revenge and all other madness that makes the game so annoying, but if ND nerfs one thing, something else becomes annoying and if they nerf that thing, then again something else will become annoying, so how to stop this madness!?

 

Summary for people that don't want to read to many stuff:

- Assassin's Creed rewards players for playing with style, Uncharted should do the same to stop people from using all those cheap tactics, because most players like to play as effective as possible, not to play as original or as funny as possible, I don't know why people are like that, but the game needs to teach those people a lesson and punish them for playing like this


I have better solution than getting more points.

Give more medals - and faster kickbacks for killing players without Kal7, ROF, Revange nades, and most important blindfire.

Lets remove Spray and Pray medals.

Lets even remove Power Hunter medals for getting cheap kills with power weapons (blindfire with Mag5, shotguns, RPG and Hammer) Thats not gonna solve all problems. Sure, but start promote legit way of playing.

.........................................................................................................
Step back ND. King is Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE
Message 21 of 31 (206 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

Jan 28, 2013
I want more than 1 point for getting a kill with a Raffica. Smiley Mad

But no, this isn't AC, and this next sentence may be due to the fact that I despise the AC series but oh well, here it goes: AC multiplayer is horrible, it's only fun when you pull stupid stuff with friends, I don't like any aspect of these games. Sadly the MP is the only thing you'll squeeze joy out of. And that is something you REALLY have to try for.

I feel like playing this on PC is that I am getting a console port. Like when I play Call of Duty, or Far cry 3, it's nothing that I'd want to bother with. So maybe I say that because I have higher standards on what games to play. But Uncharted 3 MP is fun, it is far from perfect, but I have fun 90% of the time.
Message 22 of 31 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7110 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

Jan 28, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Also you do get punished with using easier guns with this setup.

 

Getting 10 kills with an M9 will make me do worse than the guy who got 10 kills with an AK. Literally making you contribute less to the match just for using a different gun.

 

Right now with cheap setups, it just makes it a little harder to compete with them, but you can still do well with any guns/boosters/kickbacks and not get penalized with doing so.


if you get 10 kills with an m9 and someone else 10 kills with an ak47 means that he is the better player, so he deserves more points

@thestuntdouble

 

like someone said also I meant that the points replace killcount in team deathmatch type modes


lol what logic is that!?!?


I don't see what's so weird about what I said? if you got 10 kills with an easy weapon such as the m9, and someone else got also 10 kills with a hard to use weapon (compared to the m9), that means that he could have had for instance 15 kills if he also used an m9, therefore he is better...


that is the most backwards logic I ever heard... I main the AK as a gun and it isn't that difficult a gun to use, any one of the guns, with enough practice, can get you a crazy amount of kills. Which gun they are using shouldn't directly factor into their score. I imagine with your logic of the "more skillful guns" that someone who I see going 15+ kills with their G-mal or dragon will get plenty of points along with numerous headshots for those bonus points you mentioned. Whereas someone who got kills with a "lesser" gun no matter how well they did, will do worse simply for using a different gun.

 

That shouldn't factor into the final score for the teams. I mean I already go for every kind of kill possible and do get rewarded for it, with cash, no need to make certain ways of playing the way to win.

 

 Right now the m9 + para combo is popular because it's easy to use, understandable, but you can easily win with any other guns or loadouts you want. With your "better" system, this will make it waaay less varied because like I said before, it will be pointless to use the "easier" guns because you literally won't get points quick enough to win.

 

What's the point of using a para ever if I simply get more points per kill with a raffica or tau, whats the point of using any of the automatics if the semi-automatics will net more points per kill. Face it, your method for points in this game is flawed and has no way of working...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 23 of 31 (203 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

Jan 28, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Also you do get punished with using easier guns with this setup.

 

Getting 10 kills with an M9 will make me do worse than the guy who got 10 kills with an AK. Literally making you contribute less to the match just for using a different gun.

 

Right now with cheap setups, it just makes it a little harder to compete with them, but you can still do well with any guns/boosters/kickbacks and not get penalized with doing so.


if you get 10 kills with an m9 and someone else 10 kills with an ak47 means that he is the better player, so he deserves more points

@thestuntdouble

 

like someone said also I meant that the points replace killcount in team deathmatch type modes


lol what logic is that!?!?


I don't see what's so weird about what I said? if you got 10 kills with an easy weapon such as the m9, and someone else got also 10 kills with a hard to use weapon (compared to the m9), that means that he could have had for instance 15 kills if he also used an m9, therefore he is better...


that is the most backwards logic I ever heard... I main the AK as a gun and it isn't that difficult a gun to use, any one of the guns, with enough practice, can get you a crazy amount of kills. Which gun they are using shouldn't directly factor into their score. I imagine with your logic of the "more skillful guns" that someone who I see going 15+ kills with their G-mal or dragon will get plenty of points along with numerous headshots for those bonus points you mentioned. Whereas someone who got kills with a "lesser" gun no matter how well they did, will do worse simply for using a different gun.

 

That shouldn't factor into the final score for the teams. I mean I already go for every kind of kill possible and do get rewarded for it, with cash, no need to make certain ways of playing the way to win.

 

 Right now the m9 + para combo is popular because it's easy to use, understandable, but you can easily win with any other guns or loadouts you want. With your "better" system, this will make it waaay less varied because like I said before, it will be pointless to use the "easier" guns because you literally won't get points quick enough to win.

 

What's the point of using a para ever if I simply get more points per kill with a raffica or tau, whats the point of using any of the automatics if the semi-automatics will net more points per kill. Face it, your method for points in this game is flawed and has no way of working...


it's indeed hard to balance, but hey I wrote this in 3 minutes, if you think about it for a longer time than that the balancing shouldn't be an issue

I forgot who said it but someone on this page had an good idea to just remove the rubbish medals, so you get only rewarded with medals for risky and hard to pull off kills, and therefore only get a kickback if you play with style, I think that is actually a reasonable solution Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 31 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

Jan 28, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
I want more than 1 point for getting a kill with a Raffica. Smiley Mad

But no, this isn't AC, and this next sentence may be due to the fact that I despise the AC series but oh well, here it goes: AC multiplayer is horrible, it's only fun when you pull stupid stuff with friends, I don't like any aspect of these games. Sadly the MP is the only thing you'll squeeze joy out of. And that is something you REALLY have to try for.

I feel like playing this on PC is that I am getting a console port. Like when I play Call of Duty, or Far cry 3, it's nothing that I'd want to bother with. So maybe I say that because I have higher standards on what games to play. But Uncharted 3 MP is fun, it is far from perfect, but I have fun 90% of the time.

to each their own I guess, I like Assasin's Creed, altough I think the series gets worse with every installment, it's getting less about stealth which each game, and that annoys me, the multiplayer was fun in brotherhood, because they kept it simple, but then they added unnecassary stuff and that caused problems, it's actually the same mistake as from UC2 to UC3 when you think about it...

Message 25 of 31 (183 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

Jan 28, 2013
You're going to have to fix it a bit, this idea. Anyone can spam with M9 RoF BFmod then finish you off with the Raffica. No challenge.

Plus, it would suck if, say, it's Yemen, and this was implemented. I like the Dragon, but I don't want a snipefest because it merits more points.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 26 of 31 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2402 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

Jan 28, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Also you do get punished with using easier guns with this setup.

 

Getting 10 kills with an M9 will make me do worse than the guy who got 10 kills with an AK. Literally making you contribute less to the match just for using a different gun.

 

Right now with cheap setups, it just makes it a little harder to compete with them, but you can still do well with any guns/boosters/kickbacks and not get penalized with doing so.


if you get 10 kills with an m9 and someone else 10 kills with an ak47 means that he is the better player, so he deserves more points

@thestuntdouble

 

like someone said also I meant that the points replace killcount in team deathmatch type modes


lol what logic is that!?!?


I don't see what's so weird about what I said? if you got 10 kills with an easy weapon such as the m9, and someone else got also 10 kills with a hard to use weapon (compared to the m9), that means that he could have had for instance 15 kills if he also used an m9, therefore he is better...


that is the most backwards logic I ever heard... I main the AK as a gun and it isn't that difficult a gun to use, any one of the guns, with enough practice, can get you a crazy amount of kills. Which gun they are using shouldn't directly factor into their score. I imagine with your logic of the "more skillful guns" that someone who I see going 15+ kills with their G-mal or dragon will get plenty of points along with numerous headshots for those bonus points you mentioned. Whereas someone who got kills with a "lesser" gun no matter how well they did, will do worse simply for using a different gun.

 

That shouldn't factor into the final score for the teams. I mean I already go for every kind of kill possible and do get rewarded for it, with cash, no need to make certain ways of playing the way to win.

 

 Right now the m9 + para combo is popular because it's easy to use, understandable, but you can easily win with any other guns or loadouts you want. With your "better" system, this will make it waaay less varied because like I said before, it will be pointless to use the "easier" guns because you literally won't get points quick enough to win.

 

What's the point of using a para ever if I simply get more points per kill with a raffica or tau, whats the point of using any of the automatics if the semi-automatics will net more points per kill. Face it, your method for points in this game is flawed and has no way of working...


What you say sounds right. But when we look at the game it's easy to say that there are 10 times as much players with M9's than there are players the AK. That wouldn't be the case if they were equal.

Message 27 of 31 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

Jan 28, 2013
What we could do is this:

Aimed kill 1pt
Blindfire kill .5 pt
Melee kill (steelfist or no steelfist) .5 pt
Special kills (sneak, pulldown, kills that make you get medals like pull!, fly on the wall, TLR, etc) 2pts
Revenge kill 0pts

First to 50
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 28 of 31 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2402 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

Jan 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
What we could do is this:

Aimed kill 1pt
Blindfire kill .5 pt
Melee kill (steelfist or no steelfist) .5 pt
Special kills (sneak, pulldown, kills that make you get medals like pull!, fly on the wall, TLR, etc) 2pts
Revenge kill 0pts

First to 50

Great idea. Though in Assassins creed the differences are much bigger. When you are preforming a stealthy kill you get 450-1200 points and when you run around like a zombie you only get 100 points.

Message 29 of 31 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted could learn from Assassin's Creed

Jan 28, 2013
I'm not basing it on AC. The differences are too high, and it would drive off too much people.

This way, people are either forced to aim, or if they're too stupid to do that (trust me, I've seen people who stand still and aim like a moron. This isn't story mode, you dip), they can opt to tryhard, but they have to exert twice the effort (although in my calculations 2 * 0 effort = 0, but w/e).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 30 of 31 (142 Views)