Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
6720 posts

Re: Weapon Stats: A Mathematical Breakdown

Jan 24, 2013

Well, if you're basing it off the bars, the Kal technically isn't 100%. It's more like 95% or something. You can also see in game that if it were 100% then the blindfire would be a sure lock-on and have every bullet hit the target close to you without fail, even though it looks like it does, some bullets still miss to make up for the marginal error of the few % that isn't filled.

Also I assume accuracy is how far the gun strays from its original spot. Shoot the Ak without touching R3 and it relatively stays where you aimed it, same with the Fal with a couple shots and the G-mal with a burst or 2. The semi-low accuracy on the M9 has it shooting up gradually, same with the Kal only a bit more extreme. Whereas the dragon with almost max accuracy stays exactly where you shot it at so long as you don't shoot to quickly.

Feet
Message 21 of 35 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
37 posts

Jan 24, 2013

You all bring up some pretty good points. This is a simple numerical representaiton of the graphical bars (although I did take into account patch changes). This isn't the definative math behind these weapons. You have to take these numbers with a grain of salt. For me the most helpful aspect is to put into perspective how much the mods and hats actually help. 

Message 22 of 35 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 24, 2013
wouldnt it be a lot better if the stats were like

e.g. - AK
damage = 7 (torso)
rof = 6 rounds/sec
recoil type = ??
blind fire accuracy %
etc..

could then have a bar chart showing all the stats for all the longuns on one diagram (same for pistols)
Message 23 of 35 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6720 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I'm not sure what recoil type means.

The best way to know the percentage of the guns is to have an idea of what 100% means. Like what would 100% accuracy/bf accuracy look like, how much ammo is 100% for clip size and max ammo, how fast is RoF at 100%, and how fast is reloading at 100%.

Feet
Message 24 of 35 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 24, 2013
recoil type = vertical, circular - followed by level of recoil e.g. on a scale e.g. 3/10

there wouldnt be a gun that would necessarily have 100% anything - maybe a scale would be better or just use points e.g.??

anyways it would just be a reference to compare other guns - say m9 has 33%, AK 25%,
KAL could be 50%

just so that you can accurately see the difference between guns - hence one single colour coded bar chart with all the guns and their stats on that one diagram.
Message 25 of 35 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6720 posts

Jan 24, 2013

seems like to much work for ND to implement. I mean they didn't even updated the current statistic bars for the guns they modified(which was like all of them...)

Feet
Message 26 of 35 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

true, but changing sprint should be easy enough

Message 27 of 35 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6720 posts

Jan 24, 2013

lol what does sprint have to do with this?

Feet
Message 28 of 35 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
37 posts

Jan 24, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
I find it CRAZY that the KAL7 can have 100% blindfire accuracy. It's a ridiculous notion. No gun should have 100% anything that affects killing speed. Max ammo, fast reload, scoped in, they don't kill people any quicker. RoF, accuracy and blindfire accuracy directly affect kill speed. Everyone can debate which ones are OP on what gun, but 100% in any of the speed kill categories is too high.

Maybe it's relative to other guns...?

I think your right, its relative to other guns. 100% blindfire accuracy doesn't mean it can't miss lol.

Message 29 of 35 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
37 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Also I assume accuracy is how far the gun strays from its original spot. Shoot the Ak without touching R3 and it relatively stays where you aimed it, same with the Fal with a couple shots and the G-mal with a burst or 2. The semi-low accuracy on the M9 has it shooting up gradually, same with the Kal only a bit more extreme. Whereas the dragon with almost max accuracy stays exactly where you shot it at so long as you don't shoot to quickly.

I agree. I think accuracy just refers to bullet spread. Recoil is certainly a factor when trying to aim but doesn't affect the bullet spread.

Message 30 of 35 (157 Views)
0 Likes