Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Re: Weapon Stats: A Mathematical Breakdown

Jan 23, 2013

For what this is worth, it's neat to see what the values could look like if they were displayed numerically.  However, I'd be very surprised if many of the bars reflected reality well enough to warrant the effort.  Reload Speed may be correct, and if you read Accuracy as "Aim Assist" then disregard the increment from the mod, that might also be accurate (Tau Sniper makes this between-the-lines reading questionable)... then you get to the rest of 'em.

If you can explain to me what's going on just with the Max Ammo value on this chart, you may get a nonexistant cookie.  You get double if you can explain the Clip Sizes.

Message 11 of 35 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 23, 2013
It's weird. What's 100% ammo? 200?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 12 of 35 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6981 posts

Jan 23, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
It's weird. What's 100% ammo? 200?

seems like more than that, since a max ammo AK is 210 bullets and thats not even the full amount of the bar.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 13 of 35 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 23, 2013
300?! Why didn't anyone set the max ammo to the most ammo one can have in a gun?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 14 of 35 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6981 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

well there are only 2 guns in the game that come close to that and that is the Ak and Pak-80. Judging by the amount they have I would say the max ammo is 220-230ish, I'm not sure if you can get above that though as that is just the default max,

I wonder if you can pass it up with ammo award since as of now it lets you go above the gun's default max ammo, I'm never able to go above the max max ammo which I still deduce is in the mid 220s

EDIT: I also think that the statistic bar thingies for the long guns and pistols are different and not proportional to each other

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 15 of 35 (265 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Ummmm I'd like to point out that these bars are only symbolic representations of the gun stats, and not numerical ones.

Proof:

• The Pistols (except TAU) all have the same size bars for RoF, even though the Micro clearly fires faster than a Raffica.
  • Even though the guns numeric stats have been adjusted in patches (AK accuracy, GMAL recoil, TAU ammo capacity) the bars did not change with the patches.
Message 16 of 35 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 24, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Ummmm I'd like to point out that these bars are only symbolic representations of the gun stats, and not numerical ones.

Proof:

• The Pistols (except TAU) all have the same size bars for RoF, even though the Micro clearly fires faster than a Raffica.
  • Even though the guns numeric stats have been adjusted in patches (AK accuracy, GMAL recoil, TAU ammo capacity) the bars did not change with the patches.

I don't get what they're based on. Is it 70% of the gun itself? 75% of all guns?

Message 17 of 35 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3802 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Proof:

Yeah, it would have been better if the stat bars were more accurate. Also the accuracy bar doesn't make any sense. AK is more accurate than M9? Yeah right. 

The fact that the bullets always go exactly where the dot is (AKA bullets don't spread at all), makes the accuracy bar completely useless. They should just change it to recoil instead (I know, it would mess up Dragon Sniper), or add a recoil bar. 

The only thing that seems to be accurate is the Clip size.

Message 18 of 35 (229 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4081 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I find it CRAZY that the KAL7 can have 100% blindfire accuracy. It's a ridiculous notion. No gun should have 100% anything that affects killing speed. Max ammo, fast reload, scoped in, they don't kill people any quicker. RoF, accuracy and blindfire accuracy directly affect kill speed. Everyone can debate which ones are OP on what gun, but 100% in any of the speed kill categories is too high.
Message 19 of 35 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 24, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
I find it CRAZY that the KAL7 can have 100% blindfire accuracy. It's a ridiculous notion. No gun should have 100% anything that affects killing speed. Max ammo, fast reload, scoped in, they don't kill people any quicker. RoF, accuracy and blindfire accuracy directly affect kill speed. Everyone can debate which ones are OP on what gun, but 100% in any of the speed kill categories is too high.

Maybe it's relative to other guns...?

Message 20 of 35 (213 Views)
0 Likes